• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Marvel's new youth-focused status quo: Outlawed

User Info: LazorGuns

LazorGuns
1 week ago#1
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/7/2/0/AAcWPVAAAGxI.jpg
Outlawed is a new status quo for the young superheroes of the Marvel Universe. Launching with a one-shot in March, it sees the enactment of a new law called the Kamala's Law that prohibits superhero activity for anyone under the age of 21. Thus, all the teen superheroes are no longer legally allowed to be superheroes, posing a problem.

The young superheroes fight back, with the leading team being the Champions, while also seeing the New Warriors and the Power Pack return, and it's implied that other youth titles will be affected with more to come.

I hope this initiative makes more good young superhero titles, particularly maybe Champions will finally be worth reading by being about superheroes rather than promoting lame politics. I'll have to see it to believe it though.

As for my thoughts, it's funny because of all the stupid and downright evil things the government has done in the past, outlawing teens from fighting murderous criminals and supervillains that make humanity's worst individuals look tame is actually quite sensible from a real world perspective. Of course, we're supposed to be rooting against it, and I know it's not good in-universe, but in a real life world it makes sense.

I'm guessing this is a youth-focused initiative meant to tie the young books together. I hope they do a good job at making them feel connected.

What do you think?

LazorGuns
1 week ago#2
Bump.

User Info: lolife67

lolife67
1 week ago#3
I get the idea that teens probably shouldn't be heroes (why nobody seems bothered by a 10-year old hanging with a grumpy T-Rex, I don't now) but 21 seems like it's too high. Of course this country thinks 18 is too young to drink and/or vape but not to vote or die in wars.

User Info: OutlawDino

OutlawDino
1 week ago#4
You know what Marvel needs? More stories of heroes fighting against other heroes.
"What's he point of having nukes if I can't ever use them?" - Coop
Official Deadpool of CAGN.

LazorGuns
1 week ago#5
OutlawDino posted...
You know what Marvel needs? More stories of heroes fighting against other heroes.
To be fair, it's actually been a while since they've done that I think.

User Info: Darksteel

Darksteel
1 week ago#6
OutlawDino posted...

lmao
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe

User Info: The RazorsEdge

The RazorsEdge
1 week ago#7
Marvel vigilantism laws are so f***ing vague, like...the Registration Act was basically repealed after Osborn's stint as Director of HAMMER, wasn't it? So when was being a superhero legal at any age in the first place?
Professor X: "Where are you taking me?"
Mr. Sinister: "To the one true enemy of the great Charles Xavier...Stairs."

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#8
So Kamala was outed, and now is being used as an excuse to stop children vigilantes?

Almost asked "where are the X-Men" but I remembered that despite looking like teens still Jubilee, X-23, Kitty, Magik, etc. aren't.
Cancer free 52 months and counting!
The Seahawks intentionally injured Carson Wentz in the 2019-20 NFC Wild Card game

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
1 week ago#9
ScrappyDingo posted...
So Kamala was outed, and now is being used as an excuse to stop children vigilantes?

I doubt her identity gets exposed since that's always been one of the biggest themes of her solo book. I imagine she is going to be making a lot of excuses and fake-outs to keep her secret despite all of this.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Marvel's new youth-focused status quo: Outlawed
  • Post New Message