• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Blazblue director wants to do a Marvel or DC game

User Info: Redfield5289

Redfield5289
1 week ago#41
WellKnownNomad posted...
Marvel would be the likeliest option since WB probably is happy with Netherrealm making the Injustice

Though I do hope like a cross promotion for Injustice 3 and Dragonball FighterZ 2 where Goku appears as a guest character for Injustice 3 and DBFZ2 repays the favor and has Superman as a guest character

Please no.
"I've had enough of your bulls***!"
https://i.imgur.com/r7Lskvo.gifv
Would be cool in Daisuke's hands, but in Mori's I'm way less confident. Still, would be better than the last outings DC or Marvel had.
Tell me Bats, what are you REALLY scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? ME, in a THONG? - The Joker

User Info: MAthrilla

MAthrilla
1 week ago#43
Just_a_loser posted...
It is a combination of Marvel fans and Capcom fans. They usually just recite things they hear from fighting game elitists who have anything negative to say.

Fact is that Injustice 2 is widely loved and was very well recieved. Hell, I remember it scoring fairly high in Gameinformer's list of top 50 fighting games of all time. Not that any one list is fact, it just shows the game isn't as bad as people here try to claim.

Yea you couldn't be more wrong about that. We're not bliley repeating the words of the fighting game community, cuz most of us came to these conclusions on our own. People hate Injustice and NRS because they lack proper animation skills. That's not something that needs to be pointed out to us.

Injustice 2 made a lot of money because NRS markets their games to as wide an audience as possible. they're fighting games for people who don't play fighting games. None of that speaks to the actual quality of the game.

On the story is awful. Regime Wonder woman it's probably one of the most despicable characters in fiction right now and I doubt it's intentional.
(edited 1 week ago)
To add to that, NRS meddling with Injustice 1 was horrible.

Like you have a game with a severe identity crisis where they have frame data for all these moves and input from 'pro' players and somehow everyone is finding broken s*** in like 6 hours after the game is released. Which is fine, I'm an oldschool Marvel player, the broken s*** makes games fun. The problem comes from NRS changing s*** basically every day for random reasons. Solomon Grundy alluva sudden can't jump and activate super anymore why? Green Arrow loses his block stun infinte for reasons (which could be pushed blocked out of) but Deathstroke gets to keep his piss easy, full screen 50/50 unblockable mixups? Superman being strong for so long before it was addressed and Batgirl basically running things when she was released. Scorpion being released and nerfed to the ground because it's not MK and scrubs didn't know how to block crossups, etc. It was just a dumpster fire of nerfs that made the game less fun to play.

Injustice 2 I just ran through story mode and didn't even bother to play online. It's fun enough, but it's not well made like MVC1 & 2 and has too many bad ideas in it's design to take seriously.
The RazorsEdge posted...
Please, please, please get DC out of NRS's hands. I'm tired of suits of armor and leaguers turned evil.

User Info: OMEGA RUGAL

OMEGA RUGAL
1 week ago#46
BadDecisions posted...
The RazorsEdge posted...
Please, please, please get DC out of NRS's hands. I'm tired of suits of armor and leaguers turned evil.

And the genuinely bad and janky gameplay and animations and models. NRS makes s*** time after time.

I agree NRS games feel janky to me but you can't say its genuinely bad gameplay.

Mortal Kombat and Injustice both sell insane amounts to casuals who enjoy them ...

... AND .... has more consistent play at high level than say Street Fighter V or Marvel vs Capcom games where the best players get what they called ... "randomed out" by lesser (but close of course) opponents.

In Injustice and Mortal Kombat ... you don't beat someone unless you flat out are better than them.

In Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom ... one hit into V-trigger into one wrong guess = Death.
Ask Tokido, Kazunoku, Go1, Punk who go from winning a major to failing to make top 16 at times.

Basically what I am saying is NRS games appeal to casuals more AND are PROVEN better competitive games when it comes to determining who is more skillful. It's gameplay is superior overall for casuals and pros.

This is because games where you have to keep playing neutral is a higher test of skill than games where one hit can lead to death like SFV and especially Marvel has.

PS ... I personally PREFER Capcom over NRS ... but just telling it how it is without my biased taste.
PSN/NNID/Live: Loadedklip Recent Games: Spiderman,Horizon, MarioMaker2,Sekiro,DMC5,ResEvil2,SmashUlt,SotTombRaider,GodofWar,DeadCells, AxiomVerge, IJ2,Nier
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
1 week ago#47
So just another reskin of the same Mugen "corner trap air combo" 2d fighter that's been flooding the market over and over again for the past decade?

No thanks.

I'd rather a 3d fighter like naruto storm/tenkaichi/rise of the imperfect where they can actually do the characters justice.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Sum_quod_eris

Sum_quod_eris
1 week ago#48
Degalon posted...
I'd rather a 3d fighter like naruto storm/tenkaichi/rise of the imperfect where they can actually do the characters justice.
Those are terrible. Why would anyone want that? 90% of the characters play exactly the same in games like that. Not to mention they barely have any moves at all. The only one I've played that works at all is Gundam Versus.
"Within this edifice dwells insight; amidst its halls stirs truth. Yet we remain trapped by the structure called the mind." ~Aeiou Vrofbugh Mnjwpykt

User Info: username0

username0
1 week ago#49
Degalon posted...

Degalon posted...
do the characters justice.

Ew. Those games are some of the most repetitive and boring 3d Fighting games I have ever played, except Tenkaichi, BT3 was my s***, but even that was repetitive and had some head scraching stuff in it.

At least you didnt say Jump Force, then I would be sure you are trolling.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 week ago#50
A Power Stone-style 3D arena fighter could be awesome
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Blazblue director wants to do a Marvel or DC game
  • Post New Message