• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Just for fun let's list comic facts that non comics fans don't know about.

User Info: GreenGoblinOck

GreenGoblinOck
4 weeks ago#341
Degalon posted...
tommybel89 posted...
But I don't really know Teen Tony.

To clarify on this one.

original Tony went evil and died in the 90s, and was replaced by an alternate timeline teenage version of himself.

THAT tony then died during Onslaught along with most of the Avengers, and they were reincarnated into Heroes Reborn.

I forget the details after that but I think the Heroes Reborn versions then "migrated" back over to the regular 616 and writers then forgot/ignored that the HR versions actually had different backstories and stuff.

Wait. So you mean to tell me the Tony Stark that is responsible for all the scummy things in Civil War isn't even the real Tony? Wish real Tony could come back from the dead and kick his ass!
My cousin: I didn't like Terminator 2. It didn't have good character development.
My brother: Oh! V for Vendetta didn't have good character development!
(message deleted)

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 weeks ago#343
GreenGoblinOck posted...
Degalon posted...
tommybel89 posted...

To clarify on this one.

original Tony went evil and died in the 90s, and was replaced by an alternate timeline teenage version of himself.

THAT tony then died during Onslaught along with most of the Avengers, and they were reincarnated into Heroes Reborn.

I forget the details after that but I think the Heroes Reborn versions then "migrated" back over to the regular 616 and writers then forgot/ignored that the HR versions actually had different backstories and stuff.

Wait. So you mean to tell me the Tony Stark that is responsible for all the scummy things in Civil War isn't even the real Tony? Wish real Tony could come back from the dead and kick his ass!

If it makes you feel any better, civil war tony already mindwiped himself (literally braindead) then uploaded a pre-civil war version of himself into his body.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
4 weeks ago#344
Degalon posted...
GreenGoblinOck posted...
Degalon posted...
tommybel89 posted...

To clarify on this one.

If it makes you feel any better, civil war tony already mindwiped himself (literally braindead) then uploaded a pre-civil war version of himself into his body.

He still said he would have done everything the same.

User Info: GreenGoblinOck

GreenGoblinOck
4 weeks ago#345
Johnny Blaque posted...
Degalon posted...
GreenGoblinOck posted...
Degalon posted...
tommybel89 posted...

To clarify on this one.

He still said he would have done everything the same.

Yeah. That doesn't make it better. At least he got stranded in the middle of the desert by Thor as a punishment.
My cousin: I didn't like Terminator 2. It didn't have good character development.
My brother: Oh! V for Vendetta didn't have good character development!

User Info: the_simurgh

the_simurgh
4 weeks ago#346
GreenGoblinOck posted...
Maetch posted...
he built a crude machine to communicate through time the government used it to end the world pretty much and doc sent a message to himself to stop the government from finding out his time experiments.

I thought the reason was that Griff got out of jail and rigged every Mr. Fusion device to shout out "Butthead" as a revenge prank, and it backfired horribly.

I ought to read these comics that tie into the movies. They sound interesting.

they are and fill in some back story quite nicely.

SPOILERS IN LINK BELOW

https://backtothefuture.fandom.com/wiki/Colonel_Lomax

User Info: homiesunite

homiesunite
4 weeks ago#347
Most people don't realize that Scott Pilgrim is about much more than a guy fighting a bunch of evil exs.
The discussion about Skip taking up the mantle of Green Goblin to find different versions of Peter Parker to rape?
--LovingPacifist

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 weeks ago#348
homiesunite posted...
Most people don't realize that Scott Pilgrim is about much more than a guy fighting a bunch of evil exs.

Scott pilgrim has the Amuro Ray issue where most think hes just a good guy fighting bad guys when the actual story is that hes a colossal self absorbed a****** and he needs to learn to not be that and care about other people more.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: ReijiAzumaZwei

ReijiAzumaZwei
4 weeks ago#349
Most of Spider-Man's villains have had zero interaction with Iron Man (Dr. Octopus, Venom, and Norman Osborn being some notable exceptions) and none of them were created because of him pissing them off.
The Avengers weren't the main protagonists of the original Infinity Gauntlet story. Adam Warlock was. And the real Thor wasn't even involved; Eric Masterson was subbing in for him at the time.
Bucky Barnes has a sister. She first appeared in a holiday special in the 90's, she later briefly reappeared in Ed Brubaker's run where it was revealed she now has Alzheimers.
Nick Fury fought in WWII with the Howling Commandos. When he was introduced in the present day timeline he originally didn't wear his eyepatch. It was later retconned that he'd received a wound during WWII which caused him to gradually lose his eyesight until his bad eye went blind, leading him to start wearing it.
I can't think of anything new to put here
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Just for fun let's list comic facts that non comics fans don't know about.
  • Topic Archived