• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Poll: Will Marvel Comics now retaliate against Spider-Man in the comics now

User Info: TheVector

TheVector
4 weeks ago#1
Will they - Results (72 votes)
No, Spidey is there mascot Unlike X-Men And FF
55.56% (40 votes)
Yes, it's not the first time Marvel Comics has
44.44% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Marvel has done it once before with FF and X-Men (Althought X-Men was harder since it was bigger name so it could’t) And Marvel could try and get the same result..

.but things are different from 2013-2014 since at that Time Marvel Comics And Ike Permultter had say in the MCU films up untill 2015 when Feige got complete control away from them and Inhumans were pushed out as a Upcoming MCU film

Also, Spidey is the mascot of Marvel, and Marvel has been unsuccessful with trying (remember when Bendis Iron Man was being promoted as the new Mascot and how that didn’t work)

Although, you never know how Comics side could react..and it’s not like there not know for making Peter life a living hell anyway

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
4 weeks ago#2
Not totally sure what will happen now really, I can't imagine them screwing Peter as hard as they did to the FF.

But they certainly are petty enough to do it.
"Just because someone is killed doesn't mean they died" - Shojikan

User Info: Lone_Dino

Lone_Dino
4 weeks ago#3
Oh no.... I forgot about Marvel's pettyness.. Crap.
Your eyes deceive you, An illusion fools you all...

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
4 weeks ago#4
No. They can’t. Spider-Man is their mascot. He’s Marvel’s Batman.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Adumigan

Adumigan
4 weeks ago#5
He’s gonna be f***ed in games from now on
Thanks for teaching me man math, you all deserve a kiss

User Info: Muscle Buster

Muscle Buster
4 weeks ago#6
Peter's been an emasculated joke in the comics ever since his relationship with Mockingbird, so they don't need to do any more to him, TBH.
Don't look at me like that, you cretin.
Dark, Ambient, Awesome. https://cryochamber.bandcamp.com/

User Info: dracoguardian30

dracoguardian30
4 weeks ago#7
Peter is their highest selling property in the comics and merch too. They cannot s*** on Peter too much. He is kinda insulated against most of the bulls***

User Info: _Spider_Venom

_Spider_Venom
4 weeks ago#8
AndreLeGeant posted...
No. They can’t. Spider-Man is their mascot. He’s Marvel’s Batman.

This
"Name's Ash. Housewares."

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
4 weeks ago#9
He’s also the only character (even with the MCU) whose story and rogues gallery average people know. Iron Man was central to the MCU, but the average person can’t tell you his top villains or anything. Spider-Man is the only Marvel character with a widely known rogues gallery, and his merch levels are insane to boot.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Rubytessa

Rubytessa
4 weeks ago#10
In the comics, no. In the videogames however, I can see them doing what they did with the X-Men/F4 for a time when they started removing related chars from X-Men/F4 in some games. I wouldn't be surprised if they remove all the Spider-Man related content from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 at some point.
"Let us grieve existence, together."
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Poll: Will Marvel Comics now retaliate against Spider-Man in the comics now
  • Topic Archived