You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. CW shows likely leaving Netflix for new WarnerMedia streaming service

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
1 week ago#1
https://tvline.com/2019/02/11/friends-leaving-netflix-warner-media-streaming-service/

the WarnerMedia streaming service — which still doesn’t have a name or a price point, but is set to launch in beta form by the end of the year — has its eye on CW shows like The Flash, Arrow and Riverdale that currently make Netflix their streaming home. The CW’s output deal with Netflix expires this spring, Reilly points out, and “we’re very interested in putting that on our platform.”

I wonder how this will affect the renewal chances of a lot of their shows.

It is ridiculous that the Arrowverse shows would be put on a 2nd new service instead of DC Universe.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#2
Netflix is really losing a ton of s***.

Pretty soon they're just going to be their own originals and nothing else.
Cancer free 46 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS

User Info: battleblast

battleblast
1 week ago#3
Yep it's why they've been pushing so hard to build up there originals library.
"I almost killed Gerry Conway." - Stan Lee
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN

User Info: pycho316

pycho316
1 week ago#4
I can't wait to subscribe to 58 different services just to get access to all the stuff I want to see.

Gonna be good times.

Seriously, I hope all these a******s go out of business for this crap business practice.
"Give me some MEN." - TheCurseX2

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
1 week ago#5
brimicbed posted...
https://tvline.com/2019/02/11/friends-leaving-netflix-warner-media-streaming-service/

the WarnerMedia streaming service — which still doesn’t have a name or a price point, but is set to launch in beta form by the end of the year — has its eye on CW shows like The Flash, Arrow and Riverdale that currently make Netflix their streaming home. The CW’s output deal with Netflix expires this spring, Reilly points out, and “we’re very interested in putting that on our platform.”

I wonder how this will affect the renewal chances of a lot of their shows.

It is ridiculous that the Arrowverse shows would be put on a 2nd new service instead of DC Universe.

This sucks.
The primary reasons I have a Netflix subscription is for the Marvel shows and the DC Arrowverse shows. So you mean to tell me that they will be taken off of Netflix by Spring? This sucks. I'm not done watching all of Supergirl and Flash yet.... something tells me I better start binging those shows rather hard during this month and next month.
EDIT: I need to catch up on Riverdale as well. I'm not even sure how much time I have before when they take these shows off of Netflix. WHEN during the Spring do all of these shows get removed?
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 week ago#6
brimicbed posted...

Don't be surprised if they take down DC Universe and just put all the content on Warner Media.

I predicted this month's ago after Filmstruck was shut down. They will fare better against Disney and Netflix if they consolidate all of thier content into one hub instead of little niche services.

They would benefit from folding HBO into it also.
Is Batman Happy?
https://i.imgtc.com/QT0ERev.png

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 week ago#7
zzeennoolloo posted...
EDIT: I need to catch up on Riverdale as well. I'm not even sure how much time I have before when they take these shows off of Netflix. WHEN during the Spring do all of these shows get removed?

Same here. The 22+ episode format took me out of watching, but I was still pretty invested.
Is Batman Happy?
https://i.imgtc.com/QT0ERev.png

User Info: battleblast

battleblast
6 days ago#8
pycho316 posted...
I can't wait to subscribe to 58 different services just to get access to all the stuff I want to see.

Gonna be good times.

Seriously, I hope all these a******s go out of business for this crap business practice.

You won't need to. The streaming wars are going to thin things out. Meanwhile the people on the bottom suffer while the rich wave there money around to try get in on the pot. It is interesting that it's kinda a game of high level poker. Going to be interesting to see who has best hand.
"I almost killed Gerry Conway." - Stan Lee
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN

User Info: TheRealKal-El

TheRealKal-El
6 days ago#9
Probably Netflix since:

They already have branded on people’s top of mind when it comes to streaming.

Installed user base.

Global reach. Hollywood loves to pull region locked s*** like it matters on a global market. DCU, Hulu, FilmStruck, etc are US only. Even amazon Prime and Netflix have to comply with such bulls*** if they want access to Hollywood. Netflix own stuff is available globally.

Seriously it’s really dumb for Hollywood to force the hand. Piracy was down, now it’s likely gonna go up, although they’re probably expecting that people removed from piracy can’t find the way back due to their knowledge being outdated.

User Info: opopopza

opopopza
6 days ago#10
I don't watch CW shows (expect for the first season of Riverdale), but Netflix seems to be really running out of quality material to me. Bandersnatch is the only thing I've watched on it in the past 3 months, I've spent much more time on Hulu and Amazon Prime.
Can you say David Hasselhoff?
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. CW shows likely leaving Netflix for new WarnerMedia streaming service