• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Looking for good comic podcasts

User Info: blackmore

blackmore
4 weeks ago#1
I do a lot of podcasts at the gym and during my commute. Science podcasts, comedy podcasts, wrestling podcasts. I have been a comic fan for about 30 years now, and I would love to listen to a good comic book podcast (or multiple podcasts). I am looking for something by and for comic fans, fun and not gloom and doom all the time. I hate cynicism.

In general, I would love podcast(s) that talk about comic news, comic reviews for new releases, talking about some classic runs or hidden gems, or even just interviews with comic creators.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I have nothing interesting to say at the moment.

User Info: Weezy85

Weezy85
4 weeks ago#2
I enjoy ifanboy and Spider-Man crawlspace. I think comic vine is gone now. Some others are Two true freaks, it all comes back to superman, overlooked dark knight, views from the longbox, talking comics.

User Info: _Spider_Venom

_Spider_Venom
4 weeks ago#3
11' o clock comics.

Been listening to them for 10 years. They talk about new stuff old stuff, Big 2 mainstream and obscure indie. They occasionally talk about comic news if its something big and they also interview comics creators every one in awhile like Tom King, Scottie Young, and Jonathan Hickman.
"Name's Ash. Housewares."

blackmore
4 weeks ago#4
Sounds exactly in my wheelhouse! Thanks!

User Info: Krennel

Krennel
4 weeks ago#5
Word Balloon-interviews with creators
Comics Experience: about making comics

One specific recommendation, The Dork Forest-interview with Mark Waid. This show is usually Jackie Kashian intervening comedians.
Despair has its own calms.-Jonathan Harker

User Info: Shadow6197

Shadow6197
4 weeks ago#6
Comic book club is pretty good
Lie. Cheat. Steal

blackmore
4 weeks ago#7
_Spider_Venom posted...
11' o clock comics.

Been listening to them for 10 years. They talk about new stuff old stuff, Big 2 mainstream and obscure indie. They occasionally talk about comic news if its something big and they also interview comics creators every one in awhile like Tom King, Scottie Young, and Jonathan Hickman.

The last episode with Scottie Young was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much! Looks like this one is a keeper.

User Info: viajarv

viajarv
4 weeks ago#8
Off Panel does interviews. I haven't listened in a while, but they've had Tom King and Zdarksy and those two were both great listens.

Comic Book Page occasionally has the mayo report on their feed, and it's super interesting to listen to their analysis about how books are selling.

Xplain the Xmen is everything and anything xmen. They talk fast though, I find myself rewinding a lot.

User Info: Resynchronized

Resynchronized
4 weeks ago#9
I used to listen to Comic Geek Speak back in the day. It was good. It's still around but I'm not sure if the quality declined.

User Info: _Spider_Venom

_Spider_Venom
4 weeks ago#10
blackmore posted...
_Spider_Venom posted...
11' o clock comics.

The last episode with Scottie Young was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much! Looks like this one is a keeper.

Np, glad to hear you enjoyed it.
"Name's Ash. Housewares."
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Looking for good comic podcasts
  • Topic Archived