You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Most unoriginal superhero name?

User Info: Garioshi

Garioshi
1 week ago#1

nt
"I play with myself" - Darklit_Minuet, 2018

User Info: Sherlock_H

Sherlock_H
1 week ago#2
The Marvel Captain Marvel since Marvel was aware there was a character called Captain Marvel to begin with.
Wugui: "Lost Paradise" feat. Yuezheng Longya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0-cQWQQ6U

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 week ago#3
Superman.

The name dates back as far back as the 1500s. In 1903 there was a play called man vs. Superman. DC was just riding the wave since the German Übermensch was all the rage.
Is Batman Happy?
https://i.imgtc.com/QT0ERev.png

User Info: hmnut7

hmnut7
1 week ago#4
I don’t know, of the names listed I have to go with “The Thing”

Ben has that name because when he first turned into a monster Sue saw him and said he turned into “some kind of Thing.”

Now let’s say your cop in Marvel’s New York which has tons of monsters, and a lady is attacked by a monster and describes it as “some kind of thing” exactly what does that tell you?
Starfire: "They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?"
Robin: "Fight anyway!"
(message deleted)

User Info: GreenGoblinOck

GreenGoblinOck
1 week ago#6
hmnut7 posted...
I don’t know, of the names listed I have to go with “The Thing”

Ben has that name because when he first turned into a monster Sue saw him and said he turned into “some kind of Thing.”

Now let’s say your cop in Marvel’s New York which has tons of monsters, and a lady is attacked by a monster and describes it as “some kind of thing” exactly what does that tell you?

That's a good point. Also about Captain Marvel you may forget that originally Jean Grey was Marvel Girl so there is that too.
Tune in next time boys and girls when the story lady will tell you about the naughty boy who blew up his goldfish.

User Info: OutlawDino

OutlawDino
1 week ago#7
Seel.

Oh wait, you said superhero not Pokemon.
"What's he point of having nukes if I can't ever use them?" - Coop
Official Deadpool of CAGN.

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
1 week ago#8
Gotta go with The Thing. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Ben Grimm, but I've always thought he's had a very dull and uninspired superhero name. At least Superman sounds cool. The Thing is basically the comic equivalent of calling a hero "that guy".
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster

User Info: Gyaman

Gyaman
1 week ago#9
Arm Fall Off Boy

User Info: MateusDrake

MateusDrake
1 week ago#10
Captain Marvel Jr.

That one is worse than any Marvel Comics one.

I mean, most sidekicks and spin-off characters in general at least have a decency to deviate more from the name of the original hero (Aqualad, Superboy, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, etc) and I could let it slide if it was a legacy character (taking the name of the father), but just adding Jr?

Yelling his name instead of Shazam?

I dunno, never liked that.

I much prefer Freddy as an almost equal to Billy (even though Shazam is far and above any other character with a similar origin except for Black Adam and maybe Mary).
I'm not a bad guy, I'm just designed that way. No matter what I try, I can't help but hurt those close to me!
Steam: MateusDrake // backloggery.com/mateusdrake
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Most unoriginal superhero name?