• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Uncanny X-Men #10: The Mother, the Son and the Holy Turd *SPOILERS*

User Info: kaiolino

kaiolino
1 month ago#1
- First off, a personal note
- I have been told on another board that my recaps are very bad and create a negative atmosphere
- https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261-politics/77386309?page=1
- To stop the negativity and to add to the good discourse and vibes here, this will be my final review
- Anyway, on with it...
- L-Man and the Horsemen get ready to fight all the X-Men (and Apocalypse, even though he thought this was dumb last issue)
- Cannonball tries to blast into L-Man, but he just receives some kind of lightning in return and pounds into the ground
- L-Man so strong he can stop a man who is nigh invulnerable when he's blastin'
- Husk gets to him, and the writers remembering that Sam has a sister is basically the continuity high point of this event
- Paige husks (it never stops being gross) to fight L-Man while Pixie teleports Cannonball to a hospital
- Storm is solo-ing a whole bunch of X-Men, including Tempus who I'm pretty sure can just time travel a month back in time and help X-Man out
- The clawed characters (or the Lupine characters, remember that excellent Loeb retcon?) fight Omega Red's tentacle pron
- Jean calls all the present telepaths to mentally break away Legion from X-Man and to then take him down
- Even Sage is there
- Psylocke says she's going to stop Storm first since she's too powerful
- L-Man speeches again, this time that in order to evolve, they must first destroy their past
- Makes sense that the writers give this comment to the villain, since they think it's smart to do a 10-issue lead in event full of plot point rehashes to an Age of Apocalypse/House of M event that lasts 6 months, all to return to business as usual with a literal ROB LIEFELD event
- Archangel flies Psylocke into Storm, where she stabs her pyschic knife into her and returns her to normal
- Storm gets so mad that she uses her best lightning on L-Man, after which the telepaths use the opportunity to split Legion and Nate apart
- On the other hand, Jean got trapped inside Nate
- Jean and Nate talk about the same things they've been talking about for 10 issues now
- Nate wants to make the world a better place, Jean wants him to stop, Nate feels abandoned, Jean feels sorry (why?), Nate evolved and is a reality warper now (how?), etc. etc.
- Jean (and the writers) thinks she's winning the argument again by mentioning how horrible the Phoenix is
- The Horsemen all return back to normal
- Magneto for some reason talks like a '60s villain now
- Oh right, it's because this is a stupid nostalgia book in an endless array of stupid nostalgia book
- Nate FINALLY explains how he got his power-up: he received a life seed while he was dying
- Jean and Nate hug and they call each other mother and son, which ain't making things any less creepy
- In the real world, all the characters who can use DBZ beams fire at Nate
- Nate has a final ephiphany: to bring true peace to the world the X-Men need to be erased
- Sounds like Marvel from before the Fox deal
- Nate erases everyone and then he seemingly dies on the beach
- The end
- Oh wait, it continues
- A narrator explains that all of X-Man's changes were undone, except the dissappearance of the X-Men, who have been declared dead
- The world celebrates as the "radical mutant activists" are no more, although that senator did have a change of heart
- New laws are passed to make sure everyone takes the mutant vaccine because people are sick of mutants, mutant rights and mutant liberation
- The narrator explains that the mutant age ended with deafening silence and that they just wanted to save the world from itself
- The narrator is Cyclops
- THE END
- PS. of course I'm not ending my recaps!!! As if I care what some conservative snowflake has to say. See you next week for Uncanny Annual starring Cyclops!

User Info: CaptainKO

CaptainKO
1 month ago#2
kaiolino posted...
- L-Man speeches again, this time that in order to evolve, they must first destroy their past

Kylo Ren much?
Issue #1 UPDATE!!! http://arhicks00.wix.com/home

User Info: TheVector

TheVector
1 month ago#3
So....what are the list of X-Men that did and didn’t dissaper??...seems as cannonball should’t be on the list

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
1 month ago#4
I do feel like the previous issue was peak stupidity and I'm not sure if it can be surpassed.

I'm confused what being liberal has to do with their percieved feelings of the current poor quality X-Men comics.
"Just because someone is killed doesn't mean they died" - Shojikan

kaiolino
1 month ago#5
TheVector posted...
So....what are the list of X-Men that did and didn’t dissaper??...seems as cannonball should’t be on the list

There were too many characters present to list all who dissappeared. Better to list those who didn't dissappear based on what comics will continue to be published.

X-Force: Cannonball, Boom Boom, WiFi, Domino, Shatterstar, Warpath)
Uncanny: Cyclops, Wolverine, Magik, Havok, Hope, Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Multi[le Man, Banshee, Karma) (and Blindfold was in a preview)
Rogue and Gambit

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#6
kaiolino posted...
- I have been told on another board that my recaps are very bad and create a negative atmosphere

Why do you care about someone else says? If they don't like it, they don't have to read it. Simple as that. Don't give into snowflake mentality.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

User Info: Reaper115

Reaper115
1 month ago#7
I like your negative reviews. Well... I like your reviews period, but I get a special kind of joy reading about things that suck lol

EDIT: I can appreciate wanting to better the vibes of the board though. I've been trying to be less of a dick in general myself.

EDIT EDIT: and I just wanted to point out that I said that the comics you review usually suck (like the current UXM), not the reviews themselves.
Check out my novel, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Apocalypse, now on Amazon! Or don't. I'm not your boss.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#8
Why the actual f*** have the cuckoos been regressed into having no individuality again? I liked them each having their own distinct hairstyles and personalities.

This run has been utter trash so far and has left me dreading what he'll do next. The amount of continuity that gets ignored or retconned makes it feel like a Bendis book.

Who knows? Maybe it'll improve now that it's not going to be one giant event set up anymore...hopefully.

User Info: NukeA6

NukeA6
1 month ago#9
kaiolino posted...
- https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261-politics/77386309?page=1
- To stop the negativity and to add to the good discourse and vibes here, this will be my final review

For God's sake, don't listen to those chumps. Screw the politics board. You're one of the few keeping this board alive and these threads are fun. Your only reason for stopping is if you can't bare to read bad comics anymore or are just bored with reviews.

kaiolino
1 month ago#10
Reaper115 posted...
I like your negative reviews. Well... I like your reviews period, but I get a special kind of joy reading about things that suck lol

EDIT: I can appreciate wanting to better the vibes of the board though. I've been trying to be less of a dick in general myself.

If you want better vibes, you need to kick out the comicsgaters who think IDW is buying Marvel because SJWs made the company insolvent.

KainFourteh posted...
Why the actual f*** have the cuckoos been regressed into having no individuality again? I liked them each having their own distinct hairstyles and personalities.

This run has been utter trash so far and has left me dreading what he'll do next. The amount of continuity that gets ignored or retconned makes it feel like a Bendis book.

Who knows? Maybe it'll improve now that it's not going to be one giant event set up anymore...hopefully.

It happened in X-23. I think it's implied Esme was responsible for them all looking the same again.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Uncanny X-Men #10: The Mother, the Son and the Holy Turd *SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived