• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. IDW Sonic is pretty good.

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
2 months ago#1
Pretty fast paced too. Breezed through all the current issues this week, and looking forward to the final part of the Angel Island arc.

Was Archie Sonic this good? I read a few way back when, but never really kept up with it. Worth going back to now to get that Sonic fix in between IDW releases? Seems like it's some of the same people making the new series that made the old one.
Generic Signature

User Info: SSJKirby

SSJKirby
2 months ago#2
archie sonic is ten times more dramatic than IDW
Not changing this signature until Beyond Good and Evil 2 is in my hand.
August 25th, 2010.

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
2 months ago#3
I'm glad this new series is apparently good, but without Sally and the rest of the Freedom Fighters I have no interest in checking it out.
The internet has made it too easy for people to be openly disrespectful without getting punched in the face for it.

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
2 months ago#4
Well same writer from the Archie series. I miss the SatAM characters.
Sarcasm is my basic function.

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
2 months ago#5
The new characters are pretty cool too (Tangle the Lemur and Whisper the Wolf).

Yes, sad to not have the old characters or a conclusion to the old story, but this one seems to follow the games more. Issue 1 appears to be a direct sequel to Forces.
Generic Signature

User Info: The Rogue Cobra

The Rogue Cobra
2 months ago#6
Definitely gonna check this out soon
Tell me Bats, what are you REALLY scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? ME, in a THONG? - The Joker

User Info: cleanchris

cleanchris
2 months ago#7
Does Japan do their own Sonic manga, or translate the western stuff?

Always thought it odd that the Sonic comic was an American book.
oi!

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
2 months ago#8
I especially loved the action, it had a real sense of speed to it the older series just couldnt offer. I enjoyed the last reboot but this one is pretty good also.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer

User Info: Lemmerman

Lemmerman
2 months ago#9
I'd been looking for a good place to jump into Sonic stuff, and I'm enjoying this series a lot. It's fun without dumbing itself down to be a 'kids' book. It's the definition of all-ages.
Currently: Waiting for Christmas, so I can dig into those sweet, sweet Switch games

User Info: 60fps

60fps
2 months ago#10
IDW really has that market locked down.

I wish they could do a Thundercats book. Its like the only thing from my childhood without an ongoing right now.
My Eagles won the Superbowl!
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. IDW Sonic is pretty good.
  • Topic Archived