• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Bigger brand: Avengers or the X-Men?

User Info: ekie

ekie
3 months ago#1
Which is Marvel's bigger franchise? - Results (135 votes)
X-Men
21.48% (29 votes)
Avengers
78.52% (106 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic
ALL HAIL LORD DUNCAN! http://imgur.com/vsYREtU.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZc3uq56JKU

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
3 months ago#2
The X-Men basically ruled the 90's and early 2000's, but these days it's all Avengers.
Odin: "Have a care, I am the All-Father."
Phil Coulson: "You have a care, we are SHIELD. And we just saved your ass."

User Info: abyss

abyss
3 months ago#3
This isn't even a competition these days, and anyone who disagrees is living about twenty five years in the past.

User Info: squirrel_boy

squirrel_boy
3 months ago#4
abyss posted...
This isn't even a competition these days, and anyone who disagrees is living about twenty five years in the past.

Yea. Xmen would have won 15 years ago by a landslide, but the avengers have become astronomical

User Info: Mizerous

Mizerous
3 months ago#5
abyss posted...
Mrgrgr...
Playing: Final Fantasy XV

User Info: 60fps

60fps
3 months ago#6
I remember when Ultimate was originally suppose to launch with Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-men, and Ultimate Wolverine books.

Mark Millar had to argue against Marvel to do Ultimates. Marvel thought The Avengers wasn't worth anything and wouldn't sell. 18 years later and The Avengers are the biggest brand under Marvel and the entertainment industry as a whole.

I would love to know how that conversation between Millar and Marvel went. It has to be one of the most important discussions in comics history. It literally changed the future at that point in time.

I wonder what Marvel Studios would have launched with if Marvel still thought the Avengers were worthless. What would Bendis do with no Dissassembled? What would the Ultimate line be with no Ultimates?

Really makes you think...🤔
My Eagles won the Superbowl!

User Info: Darth Gecko

Darth Gecko
3 months ago#7
Would be X-Men if they didn’t have umpteen X-titles and universes.
Golden State Warriors 2018 NBA Champions

User Info: Jonny2284

Jonny2284
3 months ago#8
It really wouldn't. Avengers overtaking X-men as a brand has literally nothing to do with the comics.

User Info: TheRealKal-El

TheRealKal-El
3 months ago#9
60fps posted...

I wonder what Marvel Studios would have launched with if Marvel still thought the Avengers were worthless. What would Bendis do with no Dissassembled? What would the Ultimate line be with no Ultimates?

Really makes you think...🤔

Um, brah, the only reason why they launched with Avengers was because they were worthless as the other stuff was tied down with Fox/Sony/Universal/Etc.

If they had launched, let’s say, Guardians in 2008, it would have flopped hard. People gave it a chance because the poster said:

“From the studio that brought you

Iron-Man
Thor
Captain America
And The Avengers”
If you want to support my art projects, please drop by my Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/juanisidro

User Info: TrickShot

TrickShot
3 months ago#10
It's amazing how Kal can being wrong.
You'd think he'd stop at some point.
The difference between Batman and Moon Knight is one has identity issues and the other is Moon Knight.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Bigger brand: Avengers or the X-Men?
  • Topic Archived