You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Opinions on: the Incredible Hulk (2008)

User Info: Xdragon2002

Xdragon2002
6 days ago#1
I recently rewatched the film and I personally enjoyed it a lot

That 2003 atrocity was thankfully rebooted into a much more enjoyable film and I like the design of this hulk more than any other hulk that’s ever appeared in a movie

I didn’t really see it get a whole lot of positive reviews though, now while it didn’t get negative reviews really I thought it would get better. I don’t know

What’s your opinions on the movie if you watched it?

If you haven’t I do recommend it, it’s a very fun watch
read the god of highschool. Watch one piece
Goku is my favorite DB character / Hit is the best to come from super. Fu is my favorite to come out of heroes

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
6 days ago#2
The Hulk dogs look better than Abomination in my opinion

Plus Sam Elliot wasnt that bad as Thunderbolt Ross

User Info: conflictx

conflictx
5 days ago#3
I really enjoyed that version of Hulk more than any other live action version I still prefer Edward Norton as Bruce banner and I think it was the only live action property to properly show how terrifyingly menacing the hulk can be. The avengers version and onwards always just comes off as a big gorilla to me, also I liked the fact the military was used to good effect with the shock-wave guns and found those scenes really visually interesting. The final Hulk vs Abomination fight is still the best fight I have scene in the MCU just because it was so damn visceral.

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
5 days ago#4
I liked Norton as Banner and the hot chick in Brazil.

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
5 days ago#5
It's the only MCU movie I actually outright dislike. There is some good stuff in there, but it ultimately falls short as both a stand alone Hulk film and as a meaningful entry into the MCU continuity.

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter

User Info: thoul

thoul
5 days ago#6
I like most things about that movie. Abomination did not look good, but Hulk himself looked great. It had some of the best Hulk fight scenes outside of animation and was a pretty good character piece for Banner. I also liked that they didn't retread all the details of the origin yet again - they covered it, but without taking up half the movie for it. Good homages to the TV show, too.

I did prefer Sam Elliot as Ross, though. Not that this guy (I can never remember his name) did a bad job of it, but Sam Elliot was better.

User Info: Xdragon2002

Xdragon2002
5 days ago#7
theRedDeath posted...
It's the only MCU movie I actually outright dislike. There is some good stuff in there, but it ultimately falls short as both a stand alone Hulk film and as a meaningful entry into the MCU continuity.

---

How come?
read the god of highschool. Watch one piece
Goku is my favorite DB character / Hit is the best to come from super. Fu is my favorite to come out of heroes

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
5 days ago#8
I think all of the actors fell into a middling "good but not great" grey area, I agree with the above poster that Elliot was a superior Ross, Norton while a good actor never felt like Bruce Banner as much as he felt like Edward Norton doing a bit, Betty's role was awkward with her being in a relationship with the horribly wasted Samson, Tim Roth did a good job with what he was given but Blonsky's motivations were shallow at best and irrational at worst, and a lot of the plot is really propelled by Blonsky's existence which really highlights how superficial a story it really is. The whole movie almost felt like an interconnecting B-plot bridging two imaginary superior films that tragically don't and won't ever exist. Establishing character origins were skipped over, which in other hands could be fine, but it was all in service of a story that is itself full of unfullfilled promises.

I suppose I'm being a little hard on it, because again there is good stuff in there, but it's a project that ultimately is unsatisfying.

I'll also add that I also thought the Abomination design looked stupid. And given that there was so much emphasis on Tim Roth/Blonsky's character, the film ending with turning him into a particularly stupid looking CGI monster at the end didn't do the film any favors.

IF they ever bring Abomination back, I hope they tweak his design a little and say he continued to mutate while in custody or something.

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
5 days ago#9
Eh. Better than Dark World and Age of Ultron.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: specialkid8

specialkid8
5 days ago#10
I really like it. I still prefer Norton to Ruffalo as Banner. Ruffalo seems like he's doing a nebbish jew character and Norton really seemed afraid of everything as well as himself. The action was solid, if not spectacular. The story was fairly simple but effective. It wasn't an origin story or even a hero story which was pretty cool. It's not a top five MCU movie but it's a lot better than it could have been.

The only reason it gets drug through the dirt so much is that it didn't lead to a better sequel. Outside of Iron Man the entire first phase of the MCU is pretty weak. Thor was too afraid to get too weird with Asgard stuff so it mostly took place in the desert. Captain America was just boring and skipped over his entire career as Captain America in the war with a montage. Incredible Hulk laid a solid foundation for a great series that we never got to see blossom like the others so it's been mostly forgotten.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Opinions on: the Incredible Hulk (2008)