You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. I feel like Spider-Man PS4 is the best piece of Spider-Man media ever.

User Info: Sum_quod_eris

Sum_quod_eris
6 days ago#21
LightningAce11 posted...
I quite liked MJ in this game. She felt much more like a fully realized person and being a journalist was a good change from being a model.

They could have written her well and still had her be a model. May didn't have to go sneaking around into enemy territory like she had a death wish in order to be a fully realized person.

Miles I can excuse 'cause he's a teenager. Mary Jane is a grown woman though. I can see why Peter was so frustrated with her at times.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Caidezes | http://www.goodreads.com/Caidezes | http://www.last.fm/user/Caidezes

User Info: specialkid8

specialkid8
6 days ago#22
I haven't, and won't, play it since I don't have a PS4 but from all the videos I've watched it kind of just looks like every other open world Spider-Man game with a nice PlayStation cinematic shellac and a heaping glob of Arkham thrown on top. It might be the best Spidey game by default but doesn't seem to bring much new to the table.

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
6 days ago#23
Wait so you haven't played it but are still judging it like that?

It's like looking at a dish and reviewing it without tasting it.
"I'm an atheist too but still believe in hell. That's where you're headed pal." - Mr_Karate_II

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
5 days ago#24
Legit best Spider-Man game ever made.

User Info: David-Bowie

David-Bowie
5 days ago#25
Sum_quod_eris posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
I quite liked MJ in this game. She felt much more like a fully realized person and being a journalist was a good change from being a model.

They could have written her well and still had her be a model. May didn't have to go sneaking around into enemy territory like she had a death wish in order to be a fully realized person.

Miles I can excuse 'cause he's a teenager. Mary Jane is a grown woman though. I can see why Peter was so frustrated with her at times.
Everyman superhero Spider-Man's love interest shouldn't be a model. Being an actress/journalist is fine, but I never like it when she's written as the straight man.
"Equivalent exchange, you syrup demon."

User Info: bukshot23

bukshot23
5 days ago#26
Great game. They really took liberties with the Spider-man mythos. If they had kept it more faithful to the literature, it would have been perfect.
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

User Info: Donomark

Donomark
5 days ago#27
It's the best major Spider-Man media since the Raimi films and stands toe-to-toe with Spectacular Spider-Man. It is a much more preferable, appreciable version of the character than Spider-Man Homecoming.
"You can do it your way, or you can be effective."
http://dbznextdimension.libsyn.com/ http://cbfrevue.libsyn.com/
David-Bowie posted...
Everyman superhero Spider-Man's love interest shouldn't be a model. Being an actress/journalist is fine, but I never like it when she's written as the straight man.

Why is that? Aren't models people like the rest of us? Not every model is a wealthy, exotic, unattainable supermodel. Same with actresses. If anything, a model getting with a geek is more reflective of the real world, where those labels and cliques don't exist in the first place.

Also, being a journalist is a lazy, obvious way to get a love interest more involved in the action and into easier damsel-in-distress situations. We already have Lois Lane, Iris West, Vicki Vale, etc. in those roles. Why did Karen Page need to be a journalist in the Daredevil series, when Ben Urich had that position already? Why stick MJ in that role when someone like Betty Brant would make more sense?

Before anyone says, yes, I know the Ultimate series made MJ a reporter as well. Criticism still stands.
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!

User Info: pycho316

pycho316
4 days ago#29
I have a lot of opinions on the game, some positive, some negative, but overall I think the game is a lot of fun and yes, probably the best Spiderman video game we've gotten (or at least the one most faithful to what it should feel like to be Spidey).

Gorgeous graphics, a huge Manhattan to play in, fluid combat (with decent depth), a decent variety of missions and side missions, lots of easter eggs for fans to discover, and thank GOD we finally got an adult Peter Parker in something instead of Spider-baby which is all we seem to get most of the time.

On the other hand, the story was kind of blah, the lore was...... weird (so he's been Spidey for 8 years but Doc Ock is not a thing yet, there are no Goblins, etc.) at times, the game's pacing was uneven and the game was definitely front and back heavy with a lot of just treading water in the middle and honestly I wanted even more (guess that's a good thing though).

I was also impressed by how much fun the Peter Parker stuff was (never thought weird little science minigames would have me smiling from ear to ear) while at the same time how little I wanted to do the Miles and MJ stealth missions. I get that the stealth mechanic wasn't a large part of the gameplay and so it was probably an afterthought for the most part but damn was it bare bones and yet every time I turn around I found myself doing one it seemed.

Also Miles was great and very likeable and I loved his characterization. There's the one scene later in the game where Spidey tells Miles the best way he can help is to stay at F.E.A.S.T. and watch things for him and Miles....f***ing......does it..... I feel like in any other game or story we'd have gotten the typical bulls*** response where he's like "But I can help" or "I can't believe you're going to leave me beind" or some nonsense. Intead the kid is mature and adult and realizes that the best way he can help is to take care of things at F.E.A.S.T.

And on the other end of the spectrum MJ was absolutely awful in this game. I guess 1 out of 2 isn't bad for the supporting cast. The discount Lois Lane bulls*** was tiresome and it sucks that I see agendas in everything nowadays but the fact that she's a very plain looking chick in this game instead of a hot model/actress like in the comics is pretty telling. She even has a dumpy ass which I found hilarious. Like, in any game that gives you a female protagonist to control the character is usually curvaceous and has a great ass but here she's rocking a grandmas butt. Combined with her b****ing out Peter at practically every turn and yea, f*** this Mary Jane.

Still, this game does a lot more right than it does wrong and I had a blast. I hope the sequel builds on everything I've liked in this game while dropping the weaker bits which should be pretty obvious to everyone who played it.

And would it killed them to give us some teamups with Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, Human Torch, or some of Spidey's other pals?
"Give me some MEN." - TheCurseX2

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 days ago#30
Sum_quod_eris posted...
LightningAce11 posted...

This.

I haven't even played the game yet, but the whole point to MJ is she's supposed to NOT be an idiot damsel in distress. She's a rich supermodel who ISNT a burden on Peter. that's why they WORKED.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. I feel like Spider-Man PS4 is the best piece of Spider-Man media ever.