Who would win in a fight, Superman or Darth Vader?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Who would win in a fight, Superman or Darth Vader?
Superman has Kryptonian speed and strength while Darth Vader is just a human. Sure, his cyborg parts probably make him stronger than the average person, but not that much. The real issue is the Force. The Force is an energy that's in all living things and binds the universe together; it is limitless. It could lift a spaceship and maybe even choke a Kryptonian as easily as a human. Or could it?
Official any nub of RI

User Info: Luminaire

Luminaire
5 days ago#2
Force Power Feats are pretty lacking especially after Disney booted the Extended Universe.
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)

User Info: 60fps

60fps
5 days ago#3
Superman would problaby just realize he can muster his own force out of his own ass. He'd whistle dixie, and Vader would explode from it while saying "That's some bull*boom*!".
My Eagles won the Superbowl!

User Info: TomatoDragon

TomatoDragon
5 days ago#4
Not a fair fight at all. Superman wins due to speed alone.

How about... “Hulk vs Darth Vader”?

Who would win that?

User Info: themultininja

themultininja
5 days ago#5
Depends on what version of supes. If it's a version that requires oxygen, Vader obviously stands a chance.

It's a big nerd conversation though. Like, "Can a light saber cut adamantium?" Superman doesn't need to be weakened to be hurt, he just needs to be fighting a strong opponent. Is a light saber capable of hurting superman? Maybe, maybe not.

Is Vader capable of augmenting himself with the force enough to take a punch from supes? Or fast enough to dodge it?

One thing Vader should be able to do, is counter superman's Freeze breath, by pushing it away (though for how long I'm not sure) and force users can absorb energy and similar such things, and I believe heat vision falls under that.
"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
5 days ago#6
TomatoDragon posted...
Not a fair fight at all. Superman wins due to speed alone.

How about... “Hulk vs Darth Vader”?

Who would win that?

And that is a fair fight? The lightsaber would easily decapitate Hulk.

And people underestimate force users when they call in speed. Force users see things before they happen and enable them to react accordingly. Darth Vader has repelled entire armies blaster fire with either the force or his lightsaber.

If Superman is vulnerable to force tricks like he is to magic, it is well more than a fair fight and would come down to who strikes first.
Your face looks like I need a beer.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Luminaire

Luminaire
5 days ago#7
themultininja posted...
Depends on what version of supes. If it's a version that requires oxygen, Vader obviously stands a chance.

The raw physical force needed to choke Superman is beyond anything the Force has been shown to be able to do and Superman could hold his breath long enough to beat Vader regardless.
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)

User Info: 637212128342972

5 days ago#8
Luminaire posted...
themultininja posted...

The raw physical force needed to choke Superman is beyond anything the Force has been shown to be able to do and Superman could hold his breath long enough to beat Vader regardless.

The Force has no limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F15dgBzwOrc

In the end it is all about willpower, like a Green Lantern ring. Perhaps the Green Lantern rings even tap into the force, the Guardians having done so without realizing it.
Official any nub of RI
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Bryfang

Bryfang
5 days ago#9
If the extended universe feats counted, what’s the highest tier character Luke/Vader/Etc. could beat? I mean, I remember Starkiller tearing a battleship out the sky, he was a beast.
"This is a quote in italics." ~ Bolded Name
http://twitter.com/Bryfang
Supes destroys
Last night I saw a superhero, he was black
He said this is for the street... https://imgtc.com/i/1xVSRqT.png
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Who would win in a fight, Superman or Darth Vader?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.