why does it feel like DC's impressive surge from rebirth has finally ended?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. why does it feel like DC's impressive surge from rebirth has finally ended?

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
5 days ago#1
it just feels like something's missing or something's off with dc now...its not like when they first relaunched and everything felt like DC would be kicking ass for years

it just feels...awkward
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
5 days ago#2
Change ups have been happening now which is contributing.

Bendis on Superman, Red Hood leaving the Batfamily again, Green Lantern Corps ending, and so on.

Personally, Rebirth also had stuff that felt more like an average day (which I like better) than the constant 'world ending threats!' every few issues.
"Just because someone is killed doesn't mean they died" - Shojikan

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
5 days ago#3
Rebirth was just getting everything back on track after new52 derailed it, so now that it's settled, we are just enjoying some smooth sailing is all.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
(edited 5 days ago)
They've definitely moved from a Rebirth Phase 1, which had all engines firing, to a more subdued Phase 2. Doomsday Clock is kind of a letdown considering the crazy levels of hype leading up to it, most everyone's soured on King's Batman run and Tynion's Detective Comics isn't around the pick up the slack anymore, and putting Bendis on Superman isn't the grand slam DC seems to think it is. Marvel also isn't acting quite as stupid as it was when Rebirth launched, which isn't going to help DC's momentum.
Official Iron Man of C&GN

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
5 days ago#5
I don't know about everyone else, but the fact that they have been spinning their wheels with the Rebirth mysteries and certain writer's runs being ended too early killed a lot of the momentum for me.
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies.

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
5 days ago#6
thegreatwumbo posted...
I don't know about everyone else, but the fact that they have been spinning their wheels with the Rebirth mysteries and certain writer's runs being ended too early killed a lot of the momentum for me.

yeah and now what do we got?...eh it seems hard to be hyped for dc comics
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
5 days ago#7
#killing it no more?

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter

User Info: squirrel_boy

squirrel_boy
5 days ago#8
I don't think quality has gone down, but it feels like things are getting back to "normal". As in, series are getting canceled and relaunched and a lot of new ones have been coming out etc. Not so much like how we got everything at the start of rebirth in one big wave
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Zaschie

Zaschie
5 days ago#9
The initial wave of Rebirth was explicitly designed to placate before they went full speed ahead with the exact same types of things they've always done. The ideas just happen to be more interesting this time around.
Beep . . . boop.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
5 days ago#10
A DC having an impressive surge can't last forever. Eventually it will shake the rest of the surge out, roll over, and go back to sleep.
My Eagles won the Superbowl!
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. why does it feel like DC's impressive surge from rebirth has finally ended?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.