"Evacuate the city, engage all defenses, and get this man a shield!"

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. "Evacuate the city, engage all defenses, and get this man a shield!"

User Info: themultininja

themultininja
5 days ago#1
And instead they give him 2 extendable bin lids. Wtf? Couldn't they have actually made him another vibranium frisbee?
"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
5 days ago#2
It really would have been a fantastic opportunity to give him the energy shield considering the ones that the border tribe have.

User Info: Eis Wachter

Eis Wachter
5 days ago#3
They didn't even give him real shields. They're completely CGI for some reason.

I'd assume that the reason is because they didn't have a Frisbee made while those were some Wakandan shields/gauntlets that were already in their armory. Though if they had an arm ready for Bucky and Cap is comfortable enough to ask T'challa for help, why wouldn't they have a backup shield just in case?
Yeah I expected them to give him a featureless version of his traditional shield just like in the comics when he took the role of “The Captain”. Missed opportunity for a throw back IMO

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
5 days ago#5
Yeah I don't get that decision at all.
"Just because someone is killed doesn't mean they died" - Shojikan

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
5 days ago#6
Everything Wakanda-related is a mess in the MCU.
Your face looks like I need a beer.

themultininja
5 days ago#7
ohiostate124 posted...
It really would have been a fantastic opportunity to give him the energy shield considering the ones that the border tribe have.

A good idea.Dirk_McHardpeck posted...

Yeah I expected them to give him a featureless version of his traditional shield just like in the comics when he took the role of “The Captain”. Missed opportunity for a throw back IMO

Another good idea. In fact, I kinda imagined them giving him a shield with the avengers A on it.
"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

User Info: TrickShot

TrickShot
5 days ago#8
themultininja posted...
And instead they give him 2 extendable bin lids. Wtf? Couldn't they have actually made him another vibranium frisbee?

That was a shield, one that can split into two parts and act as an offensive weapon.
Just_a_loser posted...

Well now that's a lie.
The difference between Batman and Moon Knight is one has identity issues and the other is Moon Knight.

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
5 days ago#9
TrickShot posted...
themultininja posted...

That was a shield, one that can split into two parts and act as an offensive weapon.
Just_a_loser posted...

Well now that's a lie.

Where is this shown?

themultininja
5 days ago#10
It may be more accurate to say it's 2 small shields that form a large one. Still, your lying to yourself if you don't think the frisbee style shield had more versatility.

First of all, it's badass and iconic. Secondly, it can be thrown and used as a projectile.

I know what your thinking, the wakanda shield is sharp and stuff. But due to the bulls*** factor of vibranium, the frisbee was just as effective in close range as the wakanda shield was, maybe even more effective.

Also, the frisbee shield made badass noises when it was thrown.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. "Evacuate the city, engage all defenses, and get this man a shield!"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.