Henry Cavill is afraid of the #Metoo movement

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Henry Cavill is afraid of the #Metoo movement

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
3 days ago#1
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/henry-cavill-says-hes-scared-date-post-metoo-doesnt-want-called-rapist-alone-155417524.html

I really cant blame the guy, a pity hes being criticized and forced to apologize for quoting the truth.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer

User Info: WellKnownNomad

WellKnownNomad
3 days ago#2
given what happened with George Takei, Aziz Ansari, and Stan Lee plus more recently like Morgan Freeman and Chris Hardwick, can't really blame him
"Anime is for jerks" - Jeff Gerstmann
This interview is totally twisted to fit a narrative and idiots will willingly gobble this up wondering what he's "hiding".
PSN ID: AnarchyDagger23

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
3 days ago#4
The reactions to his comments by women are hilarious
I can see where he is coming from. We live in a world where everyone is walking on egg shells and if you do one little thing it will upset everyone. Honestly we are at a point in society where we just have to keep our opinions to ourselves and shut up and not say a damn word.
When you Pick a fight with a devil, You better be Stronger than hell

User Info: mech dragon

mech dragon
3 days ago#6
Meanwhile women are afraid to date because rapists rape.
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcEmHO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OHcGZ4e.jpg

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
3 days ago#7
I support the #metoo movement and I think it's kinda sketchy for someone like him to say something like this. Certainly not the figurehead I'd hope a Superman actor would be.

I guess when you break down the dilemma it's a matter of would you rather:

-live in a world where the guilty get away some of the time and their victims treated with doubt and disbelief.

-or live in a world where the guilty are always punished, the victims always vindicated, but some of the time innocent people get punished unfairly.

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter

ohiostate124
3 days ago#8
theRedDeath posted...
I support the #metoo movement and I think it's kinda sketchy for someone like him to say something like this. Certainly not the figurehead I'd hope a Superman actor would be.

I guess when you break down the dilemma it's a matter of would you rather:

-live in a world where the guilty get away some of the time and their victims treated with doubt and disbelief.

-or live in a world where the guilty are always punished, the victims always vindicated, but some of the time innocent people get punished unfairly.

---

I’d rather have every guilty person go free than an innocent person get punished for a crime they didn’t commit.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: MuffinsPwn0

MuffinsPwn0
3 days ago#9
i've never worried about being called out as a rapist while talking to women
he seems to be projecting something

ohiostate124
3 days ago#10
MuffinsPwn0 posted...
i've never worried about being called out as a rapist while talking to women
he seems to be projecting something

You’re also not a rich famous celebrity.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Henry Cavill is afraid of the #Metoo movement

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.