Just saw Damien vs Justi-I mean Justice League vs. Teen Titans and *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Just saw Damien vs Justi-I mean Justice League vs. Teen Titans and *spoilers*

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
4 months ago#11
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Too many people complain about him.

Probably because characters like nightwing are thrown continuously under the bus so hed look good, and or have more screen time.

Hell they even threw him under the bus so Harley could look good, and the controversial scene afterward in the batman/harley movie.

Nightwing is my absolute number 1 favorite character ...

... he never is the best. I have little issues with how he has been used in animation.

I am proof that you can have a favorite character and BE OK with him losing a fight here or there.

Whos saying he's the best, or should be? Him being reduced to nothing more then a jobber, and support character at best in the animated films for years now is the issue.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer

User Info: OMEGA RUGAL

OMEGA RUGAL
4 months ago#12
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Probably because characters like nightwing are thrown continuously under the bus so hed look good, and or have more screen time.

Hell they even threw him under the bus so Harley could look good, and the controversial scene afterward in the batman/harley movie.

... he never is the best. I have little issues with how he has been used in animation.

I am proof that you can have a favorite character and BE OK with him losing a fight here or there.

Whos saying he's the best, or should be? Him being reduced to nothing more then a jobber, and support character at best in the animated films for years now is the issue.

U know Nightwing beat Damian in Damians most powerful movie right?

Same movie Damian beat Deathstroke ... Nightwing beat Damian while Damain was trying to kill him.
PSN/NNID/Live: Loadedklip Recent Games: HollowKnight,Ori&theBlindForest,SuperMarioOdyssey,TheEvilWithin2, AM2R,Metroid SR,Splatoon2,Until Dawn,MightyGunvolt

Prismsblade
4 months ago#13
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Same movie Damian beat Deathstroke ... Nightwing beat Damian while Damain was trying to kill him.

Off screen, suffering wounds that would normally have killed any human, although this wasn't exclusive to Dick though well this was a issue in the second film as well.

In the second film he lost embarrassingly in their spar, and in the judas contract he put up worse fight then demain, who even had the upper hand until Terra intervened.

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
4 months ago#14
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

He's been said to be physically superior to Bruce, he's definitely supposed to be up there.
"Just because someone is killed doesn't mean they died" - Shojikan

OMEGA RUGAL
4 months ago#15
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Off screen, suffering wounds that would normally have killed any human, although this wasn't exclusive to Dick though well this was a issue in the second film as well.

In the second film he lost embarrassingly in their spar, and in the judas contract he put up worse fight then demain, who even had the upper hand until Terra intervened.

Suffering wounds that would kill a normal human ... these guys are not normal humans so not sure why you bringing that up.

Either way Damian out to kill lost to Nightwing who wasn't trying to do the same.

Sparring is sparring. Its not the same as an actusl fight. And Nightwing was winning if i recall until Damian got mad and started actually fighting when its suppose to just be sparring.

I dont recall them fighting in Judas Contract. Need to watch that again if that actually happened.
PSN/NNID/Live: Loadedklip Recent Games: HollowKnight,Ori&theBlindForest,SuperMarioOdyssey,TheEvilWithin2, AM2R,Metroid SR,Splatoon2,Until Dawn,MightyGunvolt

OMEGA RUGAL
4 months ago#16
LoThe_Ivory_Man posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

He's been said to be physically superior to Bruce, he's definitely supposed to be up there.

He isnt. Action > words.

They can say he is above Bruce in speed/agility but in Batman 600 Bruce Waybe Murderer storyline ... he schooled Dick in the air.

Thats consistent. As a huge Nightwing fan I have accepted that he will never surpass Bruce outside of maybe being an actual good SANE person.. Nothing wrong with that.

He is still an amazing character and that is all that matters. Where he ranks on the list of DC martial artist is less important.

Prismsblade
4 months ago#17
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Suffering wounds that would kill a normal human ... these guys are not normal humans so not sure why you bringing that up.

Either way Damian out to kill lost to Nightwing who wasn't trying to do the same.

Sparring is sparring. Its not the same as an actusl fight. And Nightwing was winning if i recall until Damian got mad and started actually fighting when its suppose to just be sparring.

I dont recall them fighting in Judas Contract. Need to watch that again if that actually happened.

Their normal by peak human standards, Unless you're implying their meta in some way, shape, or form? And while Dick won the fight he walked away so badly injured I'm inclined to believe the may have lucked out hard.

During the spar It seemed to me he was trying, but the end result was nightwing being embarrassed by a kid. Seriously his fight record in the animated films was abysmal, if hes not jobbing to make Bruce or demain look good, and being sidelined by them hes being completely ignored.

Dicks like a 3rd wheel writers have to keep for his popularity but dont know what to do with so they just throw him around in the plot and dont care if it sticks or not.

They should just adapt rebirths continuity and slap damain onto the teen titans and Dick onto the titans.

OMEGA RUGAL
4 months ago#18
Prismsblade posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Their normal by peak human standards, Unless you're implying their meta in some way, shape, or form? And while Dick won the fight he walked away so badly injured I'm inclined to believe the may have lucked out hard.

During the spar It seemed to me he was trying, but the end result was nightwing being embarrassed by a kid. Seriously his fight record in the animated films was abysmal, if hes not jobbing to make Bruce or demain look good, and being sidelined by them hes being completely ignored.

Dicks like a 3rd wheel writers have to keep for his popularity but dont know what to do with so they just throw him around in the plot and dont care if it sticks or not.

They should just adapt rebirths continuity and slap damain onto the teen titans and Dick onto the titans.

What is Peak Human to you?

Is bench pressing 1200lbs while also being able to do survive being impaled by a sword after a week with no water, no food and still have the martial arts moment to kick ninja's butts?

Is this realistic to you? Because this is what Batman can do and Dick isn't too far behind him in everything.

Dick was casually on the phone talking to Alfred or Bruce about catching the little brat.

He wasn't dying ... he didn't barely win. His cuts aren't life threatening to his bull**** "peak human" durability.

So just to be clear ... they are not meta humans for their world ... but their "peak human" isn't real life human limits.

They would be meta level to us if they took their feats into the real world.

Unless of course you truly believe someone can do everything Batman can do and some 11 year old boy can kick Jon Jones' butt in 2 seconds.

Prismsblade
4 months ago#19
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
What is Peak Human to you?

Is bench pressing 1200lbs while also being able to do survive being impaled by a sword after a week with no water, no food and still have the martial arts moment to kick ninja's butts?

Is this realistic to you? Because this is what Batman can do and Dick isn't too far behind him in everything.

Dick was casually on the phone talking to Alfred or Bruce about catching the little brat.

He wasn't dying ... he didn't barely win. His cuts aren't life threatening to his bull**** "peak human" durability.

So just to be clear ... they are not meta humans for their world ... but their "peak human" isn't real life human limits.

They would be meta level to us if they took their feats into the real world.

Unless of course you truly believe someone can do everything Batman can do and some 11 year old boy can kick Jon Jones' butt in 2 seconds.

That clutch moment seems about right actually, considering his emotional state then and adrenaline. Afterwhich is was one the edge of death, and only lucked out ending up back at the cave. More believable to be honest that half the crap Demain was pulling off in the earlier films.

And no, those weren't minor injuries Dick suffered, they were clear cut flesh wounds that had to be shown shut. That fact he didnt bleed out within minutes and die, let alone remain conscious still by the time he got back to the cave is even more unbelievable. Which is why I stated the win may have been dumb luck.

And peak human is the absolute cap of what any human is capable of in real life, lifting 1200ibs is around that ball park, along with his acrobatics(mostly) along with surviving a week without food, and batman did have water while trapped in the maze.

Batman possessing all these quality's while maintaining his physique though is a stretch.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Just saw Damien vs Justi-I mean Justice League vs. Teen Titans and *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived