So I'm about 35 mins into Justice League *spoilers I guess*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. So I'm about 35 mins into Justice League *spoilers I guess*

User Info: SolidxSnake

SolidxSnake
6 months ago#71
ScrappyDingo posted...
And IM 2 still sold like gangbusters.

I can see why people didn't like it. It's kind of boring, and there's very little of Stark in an Iron Man armor in the movie. I didn't like that they combined Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo either. He got very little screen time actually fighting Iron Man as well.

That said - it's better than IM3. We get more Iron Man, but they f***ed up the Mandarin (enough so that they released a short disclosing that the "real" Mandarin is around, and very pissed). Aldrich Killian was a s***ty villain too.
"You think this letter on my head stands for France!?" - Captain America

User Info: Superrpgman

Superrpgman
6 months ago#72
To paraphrase one of my favorite youtubers:

Ok is not good! Ok does not make you want to go back to the theatre and see the movie twice. Ok is what you say when you're such a fanboy that you don't want to admit that a movie about your favorite characters sucks!
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MorteTorment
Skyrim Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12597855/1/The-Delves-Saga

User Info: Erics84

Erics84
6 months ago#73
KingCrabCake posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Not exactly ... he isn't overpowered. But he is the top dog power wise.

That is the norm. Flash is actually on paper the most powerful of all when he truly abuses his speed force gimmicks but those are few and far between from his standard showings.

Wonder Woman is much closer to him since New 52 and even a few years before that.

But in general ... Superman is clear cut in a league on his own. This is pretty normal.

He isn't overpowered because his villains are usually planetary/universal threats.

In Justice League however ... he did make the fight vs Stepphenwolf one sided.

Hopefully you are seriously able to understand what I am saying and not be a child making up whatever fits your narrative.

😂

KingCrabCake posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
It's cool ... this is the most I actually debated with you KingCrapcake ... but I can quickly see that you are just a kid physically or just mentally. Enjoy your ignorance as ignorance is bliss.

Says the person diving into insults cause i share a different opinion than you do about a movie
God i love fake elitist

So he accuses you of acting like a child and you respond by replying like one? You definitely proved him wrong.

User Info: KingCrabCake

KingCrabCake
6 months ago#74
Erics84 posted...
KingCrabCake posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Not exactly ... he isn't overpowered. But he is the top dog power wise.

That is the norm. Flash is actually on paper the most powerful of all when he truly abuses his speed force gimmicks but those are few and far between from his standard showings.

Wonder Woman is much closer to him since New 52 and even a few years before that.

But in general ... Superman is clear cut in a league on his own. This is pretty normal.

He isn't overpowered because his villains are usually planetary/universal threats.

In Justice League however ... he did make the fight vs Stepphenwolf one sided.

Hopefully you are seriously able to understand what I am saying and not be a child making up whatever fits your narrative.

😂

KingCrabCake posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
It's cool ... this is the most I actually debated with you KingCrapcake ... but I can quickly see that you are just a kid physically or just mentally. Enjoy your ignorance as ignorance is bliss.

Says the person diving into insults cause i share a different opinion than you do about a movie
God i love fake elitist

So he accuses you of acting like a child and you respond by replying like one? You definitely proved him wrong.

If you say so buddy
Waaaah.

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
6 months ago#75
ScrappyDingo posted...
I feel if WW had beheaded Steppenwolf it would have felt better.

My issue is that Steppenwolf seemed OP compared to DCEU villains, but still weak compared to previous Superman villains. Zod. Doomsday. And yet Darkseid is even stronger.

WW was OK against Doomsday, at least. But I feel that Steppenwolf being better than the Superman-less League was not good, because it made him seem on a level he shouldn't be at aka Zod or Faora. And makes Ares also seem really weak when he shouldn't be.

if any of that makes sense.

If we're going by comic power levels (which I assume you are, since you're claiming that JL made Ares look weaker than he should be and Steppenwolf shouldn't be on Zod and Faora level), then Wonder Woman should have been less than OK against Doomsday and Ares, who are supposed to be more powerful than her. So if you have a beef with Ares looking weak, you should be complaining about the WW movie for gimping him in the first place.

User Info: MaddScience

MaddScience
6 months ago#76
theRedDeath posted...
I feel like Cyborg's problem is that the DESIGN itself is so ugly, and the CGI just exacerbates that problem.

---

this. the design is pointlessly ugly.

theRedDeath posted...
I think this is just representative of the larger problem of Steppenwolf being a terrible choice for the first Justice League villain.

EDIT: Actually, it's more nuanced than that. The real problem is that the reason the team needed Superman to come back is that he had the power to defeat Steppenwolf. They needed Superman for his strength. And the second you set up that premise, you set up that Superman is the power differential to overcome Steppenwolf, making everyone else look weak.

Credit to Whedon for adding in the scenes of Bruce saying he needed Superman for his humanity/ability to inspire hope. Which is why I so often champion Whedon's additions. Because had the movie's premise been: 'We need Superman to unite us as a team" and allow everyone to work together to defeat Steppenwolf, and less emphasis was put on just Superman's power, then we wouldn't be sitting here having this conversation now. It'd be Superman's character that made the difference, not just Superman's strength.

---

agreed. these were Snyder's bad ideas that needed to be corrected. even the scenes that got cut which his cultists are clamoring for, it's simply "whoever resurrects Superman first wins!". terrible.
HDD is like a horse while SSDs are like Cars - CuteBeans
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. So I'm about 35 mins into Justice League *spoilers I guess*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived