Anyone else felt Defenders was a bigger disappointment than Justice League?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Anyone else felt Defenders was a bigger disappointment than Justice League?

User Info: Unknown Nomad

Unknown Nomad
3 months ago#1
I mean with Justice League, probably lower expectations and all but Defenders has 4 years of build up going and it just comes off average, wasn’t bad but it just felt average and it really should have been so much more

With that said, still hope maybe new showrunners for season 2 or at least do a nice overhaul for the series
Hey there small business man!

User Info: Shadow6197

Shadow6197
3 months ago#2
No. Defenders wasn't that bad, or bad at all for that matter, and it didn't have the entire fate of a film franchise on its shoulders
Lie. Cheat. Steal

User Info: Inside_That_Lad

Inside_That_Lad
3 months ago#3
They were both bad. One was made for $300 million, the other about $300.

User Info: AsianFury2020

AsianFury2020
3 months ago#4
Both were pretty good imo *shrugs*
Kaze no yo ni Hayaku!

User Info: TrickShot

TrickShot
3 months ago#5
Justice League was blockbuster film about an iconic team made of some of the most well known superheroes in the world, Defenders was a Netflix miniseries about B-Lister's(And Daredevil).

No matter which way you try to spin it JL was more disappointing.
The difference between Batman and Moon Knight is one has identity issues and the other is Moon Knight.

User Info: Reaper115

Reaper115
3 months ago#6
I thought both were fine but not great.

That being said, I do agree with that statement. Had low expectations for JL and was pleasantly surprised. Had really high expectations for Defenders and was pretty disappointed.

So for me? Yes, Defenders was more of a let down.
Dump trump. Make America sane again.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
3 months ago#7
It's really bad when a film has to be compared to a tv show.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4

User Info: Unknown Nomad

Unknown Nomad
3 months ago#8
60fps posted...
It's really bad when a film has to be compared to a tv show.

I mean not really, I've compared the Arrowverse to DCEU or the rivalry between Superman and Batman in BvS against Daredevil and Punisher in Daredevil season 2

Plus its actually fair to compare movies and TV, I would argue there are some TV shows that are far better than major movies like Star Wars and MCU, like Black Mirror or something
Hey there small business man!

User Info: MasterFoxCheif3

MasterFoxCheif3
3 months ago#9
4 years of a build up? We aren't even close to the third birthday of the MCU's Netflix debut.

Defenders was a snoozefest. We get that.

Why compare a TV series featuring "lowly, B-tier characters".....unless you're trying to say the "iconic gods" of the Justice League are on their level?

Justice League should have been perfect from start to finish. The hype for the very first JL movie was through the roof and WB blew it.

Every comic book fan has been waiting their entire lives for a Justice League movie. Some have been waiting since the 60s. Some have been waiting since the 80s.

No oddball fan was spending their whole lives hoping that Defenders would have a great first season of television.
''President of the I Hate Batman Club: He's overpowered without any superpower''
https://i.imgur.com/Gx7HUGg.jpg Kal Patrol! https://i.imgur.com/MT2uUAe.jpg

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
3 months ago#10
JL was something that had all the cards stacked against it and still managed to be a pretty enjoyable film despite everything.

Defenders was a mostly okay culmination of some mostly okay series'.

The only thing of all of these I'd say was truly "great" was DD S1.

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Anyone else felt Defenders was a bigger disappointment than Justice League?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived