Marvel Rising: New animated movie with Squirrel Girl, America, Ms Marvel, etc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Marvel Rising: New animated movie with Squirrel Girl, America, Ms Marvel, etc

User Info: bd43

bd43
4 months ago#41
ScrappyDingo posted...
Feels more like Forces of Destiny.

Ghost Spider? Kinda like it. And more Kamala is always good.

Literally the best way to integrate the other spiders is new names.

Even if Ghost Spider is a little. . . On the head,it would have been great if Gwen was in 616 after Secret Wars. Being the 'dead girl' brought back. Certainly more marketable than Spider-Gwen.

Also with Squirrel Girl being voice by LA Squirrel Girl and Quake being voiced by Chloe Bennet and Dove Cameron's character currently going unnamed, there's a rumor brewing that she'll be Gwen Stacey.
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
(message deleted)

User Info: YookaLaylee

YookaLaylee
4 months ago#43
Why did that article say that Kamala is Marvel's first Muslim superhero? Dust was created way before her.

Muscle Buster posted...
Ghost-Spider?...Huh. Interesting. At least it's her own identity now. Take note, Miles.

He had the name Kid-Arachnid on the ultimate spider-man show
https://media.giphy.com/media/26gsuNHaqCPgziZYA/giphy.gif

User Info: blackmore

blackmore
4 months ago#44
YookaLaylee posted...
Why did that article say that Kamala is Marvel's first Muslim superhero? Dust was created way before her.

Muscle Buster posted...
Ghost-Spider?...Huh. Interesting. At least it's her own identity now. Take note, Miles.

He had the name Kid-Arachnid on the ultimate spider-man show

Just typically bad reporting from BuzzFeed who Marvel gave the story to. In the article, I said it was incorrect.:

One last thing: I don't want to have to be "that guy" but I hate when people refer to Ms Marvel as "Marvel's first-ever Muslim hero." Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Kamala. She is a terrific character and represents my home town of Jersey City proudly. She even goes to my old high school, though it was slightly renamed from McNair Academic High School (located on Coles St) to Coles St Academic High School. BUT, there were Muslim heroes at Marvel before her, including X-Men like M and Dust. She is arguably the most well-known Marvel Muslim hero, not to mention the only one with a long lasting ongoing series, but that doesn't make her the first.
Editor for Critical Blast & Contributor for Conversation with the Big Guy and The Pat Buck WrestlePro Show

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
4 months ago#45
blackmore posted...
BUT, there were Muslim heroes at Marvel before her, including X-Men like M and Dust

So basically she's the first, right ;)

Until next week when Disney acquires Fox
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 40 months and counting!

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
4 months ago#46
YookaLaylee posted...
Dust was created way before her.

And nobody gave a s*** because she's just another expendable face in the X-Swamp.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 months ago#47
i mean i love squirrel girl and wanna support anything she's in, but this isn't looking so good. doesn't help its the chunky doreen design that doesn't make any sense, either.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 months ago#48
ScrappyDingo posted...
I still like Kid Arachnid for Miles. Ghost Spider makes no sense but at least it differentiates her from Spider-Woman.

Like most people, we just use the name Spider-Gwen anyway, like most people call Kamala "Kamala" and not "Ms. Marvel".

This its just an in universe reason.

I'm all for them getting their own official identities, at any rate.

Even if "Ghost spider" is kinda clunky.

Why not like. Silverthread, or Ghostcrawler, or Deadweb, or even White Spider would have sounded better.

Teeleaf57 posted...
Is that Daisy Johnson/Quake, she not listed in the cast but I can't think who else it might be.

same question. I'm still way too familiar with her old short haired look with the gauntlets, i don't recognize her when she's the AOS design.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Macho Takaka

Macho Takaka
4 months ago#49
Marvel has been crap with animated stuff for so long now. My expectations for this are low.
I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
--Macko--

User Info: Goodgames182

Goodgames182
4 months ago#50
Prismsblade posted...
"It came out of a desire to be able to tell stories about characters that we think are the next great heroes of the Marvel Universe,

https://i.imgur.com/6MmOLBS.gif

Key word - 'next'. Are they wrong?

Doreen/Squirrel Girl - I'd argue she's already there but there you go. Hoping for her to look like she did in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon - it might be unorthodox but I think it worked for her. I'd be worried about sticking her in a team as teams with her tend to turn into 'Doreen and her less amazing friends' but as cartoons seldom copy over power levels that shouldn't be such an issue here.

Kamala/Ms. Marvel - any problem here? Yes, she's not technically Marvel's first muslim superhero (hello Dust - from what I've seen I'm not sure Monet meets the 'hero' part of that designation) but she's still one of Marvel's best characters (if not the best character) of recent years.

America Chavez - While I understand her current run is only good for lining food bins (I haven't read even a single issue of it so I'm not speaking from experience here, only what I've picked up from others), she is eternally awesome due to that bit in The Ultimates' CW2 tie-in where she hit Carol with the chair no matter how many terrible things she's in afterwards (for comparison do we judge anyone on how they were in Chuck Austin's infamous X-Men run?). Given Carol's also in this thing I'm hoping a variant of that scene makes it in.

Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel - OK, I'll give you that.

The others I either missed or I don't know well enough to comment on. I'm surprised X-23/Laura/Whatever-she'll-be-going-by-now-Logan's-back isn't in it though - unless she's one of the ones I missed of course.

Edit since I noticed something I thought strange in the original article and then forgot. If I was going to list Booboo Steward's credentials for voicing a superhero, I'd have reminded everyone that he was Warpath from Days of Future Past rather than a Background Werewolf in the Twilight films. Now what I'm interested in knowing is - was that Marvel or was that Buzzfeed?
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Marvel Rising: New animated movie with Squirrel Girl, America, Ms Marvel, etc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived