DC accused of lack of Diversity in their comics by CBR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. DC accused of lack of Diversity in their comics by CBR

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
5 months ago#301
CaptainKO posted...
Look at Marvel now...they every one of their characters, including the Inhumans, Luke Cage, etc. Turned them all into household names when they were nobodys and some where nobodies.

Literally almost nobody in the casual world knows who these people are. You think the average Joe on the street knows who Luck Cage is? Who Medusa is? Who Jessica Jones is?

John Q. Public's first thought after seeing Iron Fist was 'WHY IS HE WHITE AND NOT ASIAN?!" yeah, GREAT publicity for a character.

Most average people know Marvel for X-men, Spider-man, and the Avengers. Who are all mostly white males or females. Black Panther aims to change that.
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 40 months and counting!

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
5 months ago#302
Jagermeister513 posted...
We get it, Captain KO, you're a racist that hates white people.

The real takeaway from this thread

User Info: CaptainKO

CaptainKO
5 months ago#303
ScrappyDingo posted...

Literally almost nobody in the casual world knows who these people are. You think the average Joe on the street knows who Luck Cage is? Who Medusa is? Who Jessica Jones is?

John Q. Public's first thought after seeing Iron Fist was 'WHY IS HE WHITE AND NOT ASIAN?!" yeah, GREAT publicity for a character.

Most average people know Marvel for X-men, Spider-man, and the Avengers. Who are all mostly white males or females. Black Panther aims to change that.

1. Literally most Black people knows who Luke Cage was, although, we knew him commonly as power man.

2. Most of the hate came with the fact that Marvel was introducing Martial Arts to the MCU tv-verse through a White character instead of a Asian on like Shang Chi. That he wast he White savior of the genre to boot.

3. Black Panther is introducing Black Superheroes to the MCU.
Issue #1 UPDATE!!! http://arhicks00.wix.com/home

User Info: Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy
5 months ago#304
CaptainKO posted...
White Wally was a big f*** you to Barry and his return was part of the big f*** you to Nu52. As for Static isn't back, again look to DC's handling of minority characters. Sure companies have done racist stuff, but DC is the worst.

You have yet to show anything racist they've done. Show me an objectively racist recent action.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
5 months ago#305
CaptainKO posted...
Literally most Black people knows who Luke Cage was, although, we knew him commonly as power man.

Comics readers, yes. I doubt he was THAT popular as anything other than 70s Blaxploitation parody Power Man, though.

Black people know him? Cool. But I'm talking his overall popularity and renown with everyone. I'm sure many black comic readers remember Meteor Man as well and yet I'm sure he wouldn't sell a single issue if they brought him back.

Also, Deathlok was pretty popular in the 90s. But I think most people don't realize he was black.

marvel also needs to promote Blade more IMHO.
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 40 months and counting!

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
5 months ago#306
to people who mentioned marvle

the issue they where having was not diversity SJW PANDERING or wtv you think

it was the constant none stop events you could not read ANY book with out it getting interrupted every 2 or 3 issues for a cross over or a event or a special or wtv

if your reading a hero's solo book you should not get told HEY THE NEXT PART OF THIS STORY IS IN THESE 5 BOOKS GO READ THOSE THEN CHECK OUT OUR EVENT
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: DigitalV2

DigitalV2
5 months ago#307
CBR's gonna be making a lot more articles like this against Marvel with the Fox deal.
The Official Broswagonist of the Persona 5 Board.
The Official Armiger Master of the Final Fantasy XV Board.

User Info: WicthBalder

WicthBalder
5 months ago#308
wedgeskywalker9 posted...
I don't care

same here

User Info: CaptainKO

CaptainKO
5 months ago#309
ScrappyDingo posted...
CaptainKO posted...
Literally most Black people knows who Luke Cage was, although, we knew him commonly as power man.

Comics readers, yes. I doubt he was THAT popular as anything other than 70s Blaxploitation parody Power Man, though.

Black people know him? Cool. But I'm talking his overall popularity and renown with everyone. I'm sure many black comic readers remember Meteor Man as well and yet I'm sure he wouldn't sell a single issue if they brought him back.

Also, Deathlok was pretty popular in the 90s. But I think most people don't realize he was black.

marvel also needs to promote Blade more IMHO.

1. That is where most people know him (Powerman) from. Most of the comicbook readers are my age or in their 40s. Both Black and White people knew who he and Panther was along with Storm. A lot of other characters were unknowns.

2. If he were popular, he be well known. I don't think you understand what being popular means.

3. Blade is the one who put Marvel back on top. A lot of racist White poster will either say Spiderman and X-Men, but it was blade. Wesley Snipes is the one who went the anti-corny route with superhero movies. Blade became a hit in 1998. His influence wasn't just felt in the comicbook industry, but the horror industry as he changed the way vampire movies were done and also popularized hybrids. This can be seen in later movies like Underworld.

However, if you ask any one here who revitalize the comicbook movie industry and they will like their racist asses off because they don't want to give credit where it's due. Most of the internet recognize Blade as the movie that brought back comicbook movies from the brick of death, but against racist little white boys who don't want to admit it was Blade will say Spiderman or X-Men. Ironically, those same racist White guys who mentions either those movies, will later condemn those movies as being bad because of said directors. (Ironic how people use to love Bryan Singer than later condemn him after he left the series. Ditto with Raimi)

And tried promoting him, but that didn't work because Blade didn't tackle any real issues and he mostly dealt with vampires. So instead of making Blade a supernatural hunter so they can expand his brand, he stuck with vampires so he became stale real quick.
Issue #1 UPDATE!!! http://arhicks00.wix.com/home

User Info: themultininja

themultininja
5 months ago#310
It was absolutely Spiderman or the x men.
"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. DC accused of lack of Diversity in their comics by CBR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived