I despised Karen in Spider-Man: Homecoming until my eyes were opened.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. I despised Karen in Spider-Man: Homecoming until my eyes were opened.

User Info: GreenGoblinOck

GreenGoblinOck
5 months ago#11
xXDa-KidXx posted...
Yep. That was really eye opening to me and makes me appreciate the movie more. Because if you notice in other movies, Spider-Man is basically a mute unless he's reacting to a situation or someone in front of him. Other than that, he says nothing. Even Garfield.

But that is how the character is in the comics. It wasn't til decades later he really got along with the other heroes. Unless you are talking Ultimate where Nick Fury and the Avengers protect him from huge dangers to his life. But in the original comics he had nobody to talk about his problems with.
"What he doesn't know is that he's just as scared of Harry finding out his identity as I am of Aunt May finding out mine." Amazing Spider-Man#40

User Info: pblimp360

pblimp360
5 months ago#12
I loved Karen and figured what this video points out the first time I saw the movie.
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved

User Info: SmidgeIsntBack

SmidgeIsntBack
5 months ago#13
Whole lotta people learning about foils ITT.
Audio Theater: For discussion of podcasts, radio, audiobooks, and the like
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1364-

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
5 months ago#14
The problem isn't that nerdy Peter Parker is talking to an AI voice in his head, the problem is nerdy Peter Parker is talking to an AI voice in his head built by Tony Stark.

..possibly in cave! With a box of scraps!

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter

User Info: spiderman88mill

spiderman88mill
5 months ago#15
I don't know why people would have a problem with a superhero talking to an AI voice when people walk around talking to their phones IN REAL LIFE.

As for Tony having built it, it wasn't a big deal. None of the suit's extra features had much effect on the plot, other than Peter and Ned messing around with it.
Keep on chooglin'.

User Info: themultininja

themultininja
5 months ago#16
spiderman88mill posted...
I don't know why people would have a problem with a superhero talking to an AI voice when people walk around talking to their phones IN REAL LIFE.

As for Tony having built it, it wasn't a big deal. None of the suit's extra features had much effect on the plot, other than Peter and Ned messing around with it.

Yeah, because those things are TOTALLY the same

/s
"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
5 months ago#17
How is this "an eye opener"? It's the exact same reason they made Jarvis an AI for the first Iron man movie, so he could have someone to talk to.

It's the same reason all the CW heroes have a "support team" over the radio.

So the characters can actually pull off the "Internal monologue/commentary" without them having to portray an actual internal monologue, or have them look silly just talking to themselves.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
5 months ago#18
The dialog with Karen was one of my favorite parts of the movie, really.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: xXDa-KidXx

xXDa-KidXx
5 months ago#19
Degalon posted...
How is this "an eye opener"? It's the exact same reason they made Jarvis an AI for the first Iron man movie, so he could have someone to talk to.

It's the same reason all the CW heroes have a "support team" over the radio.

So the characters can actually pull off the "Internal monologue/commentary" without them having to portray an actual internal monologue, or have them look silly just talking to themselves.

Nope. Tony never really had a personal conversation with Jarvis. It was small talk, quips, and commands. Peter actually talks to Karen like she's another person in the room. And Karen's A. I. is way more human, and self aware than Jarvis ever was.
DeviantArt: http://dakidgaming.deviantart.com/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers [Nintendo Focused]

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
5 months ago#20
I hope they get actual internal monologues right in films to come.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. I despised Karen in Spider-Man: Homecoming until my eyes were opened.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived