Shouldn't we be at a point where we'd get a superhero movie deconstruction?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Shouldn't we be at a point where we'd get a superhero movie deconstruction?

User Info: TheRealKal-El

TheRealKal-El
5 months ago#11
But he changed the web to organic because it was "better". What? There's no objective gain from changing that, lol, he just did it because reasons.
If you want to support my art projects, please drop by my Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/juanisidro

User Info: The RazorsEdge

The RazorsEdge
5 months ago#12
I'm more thinking about moments like where, as the glider is coming to impale Norman, time freezes and even rewinds a bit so Dafoe can have an "oh s***" moment. His goofy New Yorker "you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" scenes probably fall somewhere in there too.

Or the fact that the horror series he started his career on decided to have a cowardly male character turn out to be the "last girl" and the sequels went comedy.

Raimi doesn't necessarily deconstruct superheroes, but his whole quirky style is meant to poke fun at film tropes and keep things from ever being fully serious or dramatic.
Professor X: "Where are you taking me?"
Mr. Sinister: "To the one true enemy of the great Charles Xavier...Stairs."

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
5 months ago#13
Blankman and Hancock def count. Even Meteor Man.

TomPettyIsGod posted...
The RazorsEdge posted...
TomPettyIsGod posted...
TheRealKal-El posted...
I think only the Donner Superman movies played it consistently straight. Even the Adam West show was winking at the audience. Then Wonder Woman, but Patty said she based it on Donner anyway.

Raimi Spider-man?

Raimi's directorial style is so deliberately cheesy you could argue he's spent his whole career making deconstructions of movies.

While Raimi definitely uses tons of camp and humor, it never struck me as him attempting to parody or comment on the genre. At least in terms of what I can remember at the moment. Like JJJ was definitely comedic relief, but it was also a pretty faithful recreation of the character.

Well, Spider-Man himself is a deconstruction of superheroes at the time. Most were world traveled, highly confident men of action, and also conveniently wealthy or at least not worrying about money. And Spider-Man is a scrawny kid who battles his doubts and fears as much as villainy and is perennially broke and struggling and it makes him sad and mad.

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
5 months ago#14
The RazorsEdge posted...
I'm more thinking about moments like where, as the glider is coming to impale Norman, time freezes and even rewinds a bit so Dafoe can have an "oh s***" moment. His goofy New Yorker "you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" scenes probably fall somewhere in there too.

Or the fact that the horror series he started his career on decided to have a cowardly male character turn out to be the "last girl" and the sequels went comedy.

Raimi doesn't necessarily deconstruct superheroes, but his whole quirky style is meant to poke fun at film tropes and keep things from ever being fully serious or dramatic.

I agree with all this. It blew my mind hen I first watched director commentary and special features for The Evil Dead movies. I'd always thought Ash was heroic and badass and a bit goofy(I saw Army of Darkness first) but to the creators Ash was a bumbling idiot who basically lucked into things lol.

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
5 months ago#15
If Snyder's Watchmen came out today, I think it would fare far better than it did back then.
I'm hoping for a Justice Pals movie; y'know, the Avengers parody team from Dexter's Lab.

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
5 months ago#16
BadDecisions posted...
If Snyder's Watchmen came out today, I think it would fare far better than it did back then.

Maybe if he had the knowledge obtained from MoS, BvS and JL's reviews.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Melkaticox

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
5 months ago#17
TheRealKal-El posted...

Miracle Man would be like a blood thirsty version of Man of Steel I guess, lmao.

Don’t you mean more bloodthirsty?
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg

User Info: spiderman88mill

spiderman88mill
5 months ago#18
Maybe Incredibles 2 will do some kind of deconstruction thing.

I also feel like mentioning here that I've wanted a Tom Strong movie or show for a long time.
Keep on chooglin'.

User Info: Krennel

Krennel
5 months ago#19
The Boys is getting a show.
Despair has its own calms.-Jonathan Harker

User Info: Grindcorp9000

Grindcorp9000
5 months ago#20
Kick-Ass.
https://youtu.be/o4Fnp7vyMdU Nationalism is a malignant cancer
which must be carved out by the blade of individualism.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Shouldn't we be at a point where we'd get a superhero movie deconstruction?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived