• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Gal Gadot is one of these perfect casting choices

User Info: Kaitouace

Kaitouace
4 years ago#11
VeeVees posted...
JK Simmons as JJJ

Oh damn yes absolutely. That's three. I may need to add Christopher Reeve as Superman to the list. Still hasn't been topped IMO and is absolutely iconic in the role but I feel that may be more of a Hugh Jackman choice than a "perfect" casting.
"Why do you think they call me Shiro Kabocha?"

User Info: Turbokk

Turbokk
4 years ago#12
VeeVees posted...
Kaitouace posted...
The only "perfect" casting choices were in the OP. Stewart and RDJ. Everyone else had at least some issues even if in retrospect they seem perfect for the role (Hugh Jackman comes to mind).

JK Simmons as JJJ

Hell yes that's another perfect one.

User Info: TheRealKal-El

TheRealKal-El
4 years ago#13
Kaitouace posted...
The only "perfect" casting choices were in the OP. Stewart and RDJ. Everyone else had at least some issues even if in retrospect they seem perfect for the role (Hugh Jackman comes to mind).

Then how the f*** is RDJ perfect since he acts different than comic Tony?
"I told you once, Superman, if you'd not be my knight, you'd be my pawn."
Darkseid - Legacy, Part 2 - Superman: The Animated Series

User Info: TheRealKal-El

TheRealKal-El
4 years ago#14
Gadot is certainly up there in the echelon of best cast.

Reeve
Stewart
Simmons

Are the PERFECT trilogy. Literally their characters. Looks and attitude.

Then we have the 90%ers.

Affleck, cept the killing.
Jackman, cept the height.
Downey, cept the jokes.
Evans, crept he lacks gruffness/backbone. Comic Cap Ian more authoritative. Evans is "too soft".
Cavill, cept more warmth.
Gadot, cept a slight weight gain. Mostly in the thighs, tbh.

Yes. I can admit that. But some of you acting like WW is Big Barda and she isn't.
"I told you once, Superman, if you'd not be my knight, you'd be my pawn."
Darkseid - Legacy, Part 2 - Superman: The Animated Series

Turbokk
4 years ago#15
TheRealKal-El posted...
Kaitouace posted...

As you might have noticed it's mostly about physical apperance. Patrick Stewart looks like Professor X jumped out of a comic book and became real.

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
4 years ago#16
Turbokk posted...
TheRealKal-El posted...
Kaitouace posted...

As you might have noticed it's mostly about physical apperance. Patrick Stewart looks like Professor X jumped out of a comic book and became real.

This is about perfect casting choices. Not about perfectly comic-accurate movies.

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
4 years ago#17
I actually love McKellen as Mags, along with the top 4 now including Gadot.

But McKellen has this good charisma as to why they even join his side. Along with a powerful voice.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
Funny enough... video games aren't fun anymore to me.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
4 years ago#18
TheRealKal-El posted...
Kaitouace posted...

No he doesn't. Read a Marvel comic. Millar already had Tony written this way. RDJ didn't invent that persona.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4

Turbokk
4 years ago#19
sumuthergamer posted...
Turbokk posted...
TheRealKal-El posted...
Kaitouace posted...

This is about perfect casting choices. Not about perfectly comic-accurate movies.

Correct. And...?

User Info: 60fps

60fps
4 years ago#20
I never thought Jackman was perfect either. It wasn't even the tall thing since the way things were filmed he didn't always look that tall. He doesn't sound and look grizzled enough.

Put it this way, if the comics used him as Wolverine, it simply wouldn't look right. That's all it takes. If you can swap the image, and still get the character right, then it's a perfect casting.

Deadpool, Colossus, Professor X, Captain America, Henry Cavil, V, Blink, Rosarch, Comedian, Hellboy, Conan, Riverdale's Veronica, etc.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but these could be models for the comic characters and I wouldn't question if it was some alternate universe or new idenity for the character.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Gal Gadot is one of these perfect casting choices
  • Topic Archived