• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. The new Thor comic this November 2nd. There anything before it I should read?

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
2 years ago#1
So is there any older previous Thor comic book I should read or not before buying the new Unworthy Thor comic thats coming out in comic shops tomorrow?

User Info: Jonny2284

Jonny2284
2 years ago#2
I'd imagine they'll be some overlap with the other Thor book so the readers digest of that to date is (spoilers following of course)

Fury whispered something to Thor during Original Sins that suddenly made him unworthy. (It's not been revealed what it was yet yet but it's been hinted Mjolnir is been sentient all along which is fine as long as you ignore all those times it get reforged)
Since then Affirmative Action Thor has been running around with Mjolnir in fair to mid quality adventures.
The real Thor is weakened, captured and not too far from where Ultimate Thor's hammer landed after he threw it so hard it escaped the Secret Wars tie in comics in disgust and made it's way to the main universe.

User Info: Macho Takaka

Macho Takaka
2 years ago#3
The opening page should give you the general information you need for the story. This holds true to any Marvel comic. You can jump in at any point and get an idea of past points most relevant to the current issue.
<Vice> just because nobody agrees with me doesnt make me wrong

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
2 years ago#4
Jonny2284 posted...
Mjolnir has been sentient all along

>_<

I guess that would explain why "worthiness" has been inconsistent over the years.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
2 years ago#5
Macho Takaka posted...
The opening page should give you the general information you need for the story. This holds true to any Marvel comic. You can jump in at any point and get an idea of past points most relevant to the current issue.

Pretty much this.
HOWEVER...
The current Thor issue (Thor # 12, which came out a very short while ago) is something the topic creator might want to pick up since it features the TRUE ORIGIN of Mjonir.
I would pick up that issue (which is the current issue of Thor).
Granted, I have a feeling that the original Thor will be getting Ultimate Thor's hammer (Ultimate Mjonir) that came from the Ultimate universe, so Thor issue # 12 might not be totally in relation to the upcoming Thor series featuring original Thor.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: Hulkkis

Hulkkis
2 years ago#6
Last page has the biggest bro moment of the decade.
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. The new Thor comic this November 2nd. There anything before it I should read?
  • Topic Archived