• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Will the Incredible Hulk film ever be relevant in the MCU?

User Info: tearsofrage

tearsofrage
3 years ago#1
You won't like me when I'm relevant... - Results (59 votes)
No, it will never be relevant
27.12% (16 votes)
Yes; it's already relevant and has never not been relevant
42.37% (25 votes)
Yes; Ross appearing in Civil War will make it relevant
22.03% (13 votes)
Yes; a future Hulk movie will make it relevant
1.69% (1 vote)
Yes; the Abomination will eventually appear again and make it relevant
6.78% (4 votes)
Yes; a tv series will make it relevant
0% (0 votes)
Yes; Betty will appear again and make it relevant
0% (0 votes)
Yes; other
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The Incredible Hulk is the MCU's black sheep. You could have skipped it, and you wouldn't feel like you missed anything while watching the other films.

So...do you think that there will ever be a point where the MCU will make the movie feel important?
"Oh look - a dumb idea just found a friend!"
- Emerson Cod

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
3 years ago#2
It was better than Thor 2 and IM 2.

Not sure why Hulk is the black sheep. Hulk was at least interesting there and wasn't used as a mid-boss for Avengers and comic relief.
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 31 months and counting!

User Info: NevesElpirt

NevesElpirt
3 years ago#3
Doubtful. Whedon seemed to put the kibosh on Betty and Banner in favor of that out-of-nowhere Black Widow thing, and I don't think we're going to see Leader or Abomination again, particularly given how Hulk movie rights are tied up. And given that it's a different actor at the helm now, I don't think it will ever be required viewing. At best, it will be little nods here and there such as mentions of the battle on the Netflix shows or Ross in Civil War.
I used to be superstitious, but now I know that's unlucky.

User Info: NevesElpirt

NevesElpirt
3 years ago#4
ScrappyDingo posted...

Not sure why Hulk is the black sheep. Hulk was at least interesting there and wasn't used as a mid-boss for Avengers and comic relief.

I think he means black sheep in the sense of its overall relevance to the MCU, not the quality of the film. It has no sequel, none of its villains were ever followed up on, Hulk is now played by someone else, the romance angle was dropped without in-story explanation, and it was made at a time before everything was as continuity-heavy. You could skip the entire film and, in terms of the goings-on of the MCU, not miss anything.
I used to be superstitious, but now I know that's unlucky.

User Info: snikt6384

snikt6384
3 years ago#5
No. But Ross is in Civil War, for whatever that's worth? Funny he's in the "Avengers" movie that Hulk ISN'T in.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
3 years ago#6
ScrappyDingo posted...
Hulk was at least interesting there and wasn't used as a mid-boss for Avengers and comic relief.

Hulk was more interesting in Avengers than TIH. Or, at least Banner was.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
3 years ago#7
NevesElpirt posted...
ScrappyDingo posted...

I think he means black sheep in the sense of its overall relevance to the MCU, not the quality of the film. It has no sequel, none of its villains were ever followed up on, Hulk is now played by someone else, the romance angle was dropped without in-story explanation, and it was made at a time before everything was as continuity-heavy. You could skip the entire film and, in terms of the goings-on of the MCU, not miss anything.

Abomination was mention on AoS.

A lot of MCU films can be ignored. None of the Thor films, Iron Man 3, or GotG matter by the same logic.

Im also quite sure Luke Cage will have to bring it up since the last fight took place in his neighborhood.

I personally think it would be annoying if each films or show constantly pulled out every film as reference. It would force people to watch everything instead of just letting them watch what they like in the shared universe.

Everything matters until its contradicted. So far i havent seen anything from IH contradicted so they clearly havent ignored it. I wouldt be surprised if Ross has both Abomination and Leader currently and just needs the SHRA to pass so he can use them publicly like Talbot is using Absorbing Man.
Hey everyone:
http://i.imgur.com/WUB4qhJ.jpg

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
3 years ago#8
IH has always been in-continuity. It remains pretty irrelevant. Ross showing up in SW is good, but unless his actions are motivated BY the events of that film, it remains kind of meaningless.

I do hope they bring back Abomination at some point though.

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter

User Info: Reaper115

Reaper115
3 years ago#9
NevesElpirt posted...
Doubtful. Whedon seemed to put the kibosh on Betty and Banner in favor of that out-of-nowhere Black Widow thing

because people never go through more than one relationship
"It is sometimes a mistake to climb; it is always a mistake never even to make the attempt." -Sandman Vol. 6

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
3 years ago#10
The Leader where?
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 32 months and counting!
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Will the Incredible Hulk film ever be relevant in the MCU?
  • Topic Archived