• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Anyone else find Agents of Shield excruciatingly boring?

User Info: 60fps

60fps
4 years ago#31
manmouse posted...
i never watched it, so i can't say anything about the quality.

but i've been put off by the idea of a Marvel show... about people in business suits who work in an office. i mean, that's not exactly the kind of stuff that made people like Marvel in the first place.

it's like, "hey, there's a new Final Fantasy game coming out! it's about the guy who runs an item shop. every now and then an awesome FF hero will show up to make an appearance, and then head off to the real cool adventures that you don't get to see, while you continue working the shop."

Shield isn't anything new in Marvel. Nick Fury's book was a classic and it never had super heroes. It had the same spy plots and gadgets as this show.

I think it's mostly a generational gap. If this happened when the Shield comics were in their prime people would get it. This generation didn't have those spy books so this kind of story from Marvel seems out of place for them.

Hell, this thing is leagues better than the Nick Fury tv movie and people loved that back in the day.
Beware of DCeivers:
http://i.imgur.com/4dcd9lJ.png

User Info: DT2501

DT2501
4 years ago#32
First season was just a complete train wreck from beginning to end. Season 2 started out much better, but slowed to a crawl after like three episodes. There are a bunch of plot threads going (the obelisk, Skye's dad, Coulson's carving, etc.), but they never make any progress on these things. Each episode has an ambiguous hint or an inconsequential scrap of info that doesn't really tell you anything, but you never feel like the show is moving forward. They need to just come out and tell you exactly what's going on with Skye and her dad, or completely solve the carving puzzle, or something. They just need to wrap up one of these threads for a change. Any of them. Give us something to feel like the show is going somewhere.

Also, SHIELD started out in a funky spy agency comic back in the day, but it hasn't been focused on spying for decades. Since like the late 1970s or early 1980s, SHIELD has been more like an agency that polices superheroes. They use gadgets and confidential information to get an edge on superheroes and villains who would otherwise completely dominate them, but that's the means, the end goal is policing superheroes. Considering this is the version of SHIELD most often seen in the comics and the version depicted in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that the TV show is spun off from, it's weird that we don't see more episodes like the ones with Absorbing Man, Lady Sif, Blizzard, and Blackout. Even the pilot kind of hinted that that was the direction the show was going to take, with the agents tracking down a superpowered Mike Peterson. This spy-vs-spy stuff is getting old fast.

User Info: refmon

refmon
4 years ago#33
Boring characters

Bland everything

Bad jokes
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!

User Info: OMEGA RUGAL

OMEGA RUGAL
4 years ago#34
I rather watch Xena Warrior Princess reruns than watch Agents of SHIELD again.
PSN & Live & NNID: Loadedklip
Heroes need to win all the time to be remembered. Villains only need to win once

User Info: CWS2005WS

CWS2005WS
4 years ago#35
DT2501 posted...
First season was just a complete train wreck from beginning to end. Season 2 started out much better, but slowed to a crawl after like three episodes. There are a bunch of plot threads going (the obelisk, Skye's dad, Coulson's carving, etc.), but they never make any progress on these things. Each episode has an ambiguous hint or an inconsequential scrap of info that doesn't really tell you anything, but you never feel like the show is moving forward. They need to just come out and tell you exactly what's going on with Skye and her dad, or completely solve the carving puzzle, or something. They just need to wrap up one of these threads for a change. Any of them. Give us something to feel like the show is going somewhere.

They solved the carving puzzle last night.
GT: metsfanforever3
http://followmy.tv/u/dannys717

User Info: rick alverado

rick alverado
4 years ago#36
ScrappyDingo posted...
It's OK. I'll reserve judgement on this season until it's over.

It's a lot easier to watch on DVD all in one sitting.

Still hope they use it as a vehicle to introduce us to movie characters. Maybe get some Ms. Marvel and Inhuman action?

Well, it's pretty much a given that they'll be introducing the Inhumans in the show.
http://ericbarkman.tumblr.com/chronohustle - My short story series about a time traveling con artist.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RickAlverado - My YouTube.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
4 years ago#37
manmouse posted...
i never watched it, so i can't say anything about the quality.

but i've been put off by the idea of a Marvel show... about people in business suits who work in an office. i mean, that's not exactly the kind of stuff that made people like Marvel in the first place.

it's like, "hey, there's a new Final Fantasy game coming out! it's about the guy who runs an item shop. every now and then an awesome FF hero will show up to make an appearance, and then head off to the real cool adventures that you don't get to see, while you continue working the shop."

There actually IS a JRPG exactly like that.

Not FF, though.
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 12 months and counting!

User Info: DT2501

DT2501
4 years ago#38
CWS2005WS posted...
DT2501 posted...

They solved the carving puzzle last night.

They determined it was a city. They didn't mention which one, where it is, why it's important, why the alien might want to go there, or anything else about it. When I say "solved," I mean we need to actually know what the point of it is. "It's a city" doesn't really move us anywhere in the plot now, does it?

They also introduced Skye's dad, but he's just some guy. There's something mysterious and vaguely bad about him, but really, he's just some guy. Is he an alien? Is he a weird monster? Just some psycho? This is what I'm talking about. They give you a tiny scrap, but it doesn't really reveal anything meaningful, so who gives a crap?

User Info: redmangoose

redmangoose
4 years ago#39
All you haters eat a fat one. Last night's episode was amazing, and the show will continue to get better.

User Info: MasterFoxCheif3

MasterFoxCheif3
4 years ago#40
redmangoose posted...
All you haters eat a fat one. Last night's episode was amazing, and the show will continue to get better.

The show will get better the moment they realize in a show about humans living in a world with superhumans, we'd actually like to see the superhumans do more than pop up every six episodes.
"President of the I Hate Batman Club: He's overpowered without having any superpowers"
http://i.imgur.com/YjYBjcI.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Anyone else find Agents of Shield excruciatingly boring?
  • Topic Archived