• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. What purpose does Rick Jones serve?

User Info: Lo_Key90

Lo_Key90
9 years ago#1
I'm not trying to be a dick I just wanna know, why does he exist? He seems like that annoying lil kid they put into an awesome movie to have people relate to but in the end everybody hates him.
'Ghost of Tsushima is what I wanted Way Of The Samurai 3 to be'

User Info: HouseT

HouseT
9 years ago#2
Rick Jones gave Hulk (and many other heroes) an everyman they could connect with. Granted, in some respects that could be considered the same as the "lovable little kid", but he's generally written with a little more depth/purpose.
"If Batman and Taker fought every day for a year, the final score would be Batman: 364, Taker: 1 (at Wrestlemania)." - The Caveman

User Info: rowdyoctopus1

rowdyoctopus1
9 years ago#3
Rick Jones is how Hulk got his powers (Banner "saved" him from the gamma blast). He became Captain Marvel for a bit, and now he is A-Bomb.
"And he's pretty hott when he's a chick" - sephy37
Currently Reading: Impulse

User Info: shadownights23

shadownights23
9 years ago#4
I swear he has mass what if
I'm Usually on my phone so typos. Will happen live with it

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
9 years ago#5
He was Marvel's Jimmy Olsen.

User Info: Desper

Desper
9 years ago#6
He's also a multi-platinum recording artist.
Bunny Factory has got the sounds that you want in your face!
bunnyfactory.bandcamp.com

User Info: OutlawDino

OutlawDino
9 years ago#7
Just having sex with Marlo Thomas is enough for me.
Well, that and the bachelor party issue...
"What's he point of having nukes if I can't ever use them?" - Coop
Official Deadpool of CAGN.

User Info: TomPettyIsGod

TomPettyIsGod
9 years ago#8
At one point, he was one of the few people who could talk down the Hulk and make him transform back into Banner.

User Info: SonofMetalGear

SonofMetalGear
9 years ago#9
Lo_Key00 let me educate you about Rick Jones.

Incredible Hulk would be around today if Rick Jones was playing witih his harmonica at that gamma bomb testing site

Rick Jones was important during the Kree Skrull War days back in the 1980s.

Rick and Marlo

If Rick didnt turn into a Hulk to fight Bruce Banner/Incredible Hulk back in the 1980s then the Incredible Hulk comic would be short and have been really boring without any other enemy to fight with besides Thunderbolt Ross

User Info: Uranus_Day

Uranus_Day
9 years ago#10
Fairly obvious. He's there as someone for young readers to relate to. Been the eq of Jimmy Olsen, Billy Batson (during Marvels contribution the the Capt. Marvel fiasco), helped Hulk, CA also don't forget the Teen Brigade, they were even in Avengers#1
Now, for the astronomers in the audience, get ready to see the Dark side of the moon. And here's Uranus!
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. What purpose does Rick Jones serve?
  • Topic Archived