Your favorite main protagonist ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
5 months ago#1
Who's your favorite ? - Results (117 votes)
Estelle > Lloyd > Rean
16.24% (19 votes)
Estelle > Rean > Lloyd
23.93% (28 votes)
Lloyd > Estelle > Rean
7.69% (9 votes)
Lloyd > Rean > Estelle
7.69% (9 votes)
Rean > Estelle > Lloyd
18.8% (22 votes)
Rean > Lloyd > Estelle
25.64% (30 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hello.

So let's talk about your favorite main protagonist in the whole serie.

I'll go with Lloyd. Although he may seem dull at the beginning he become more and more badass as time goes by. what I like about him is that you can saw him as an average Joe but what makes him different than a random dude is his will. And I think it's cool to feel like even a normal person can be awesome just by the strength of his will. Saying it like that sounds really "nekketsu", you know, but in fact I feel it's different. It feels more plausible with Lloyd than with any nekketsu-type shounen hero. Lloyd really feels human.
Also, I really like his father-like relation with KeA.
On a side note, what I don't really like about Lloyd is that harem thing in Ao... But well, it's kinda explained by something you discover near the end (KeA's power) so I'll let it slide.

Rean is really close behind. The best thing about Rean is that he has the deepest background of all three protagonists. That's why I don't really get why a lot of people hates him.
What I don't really like is always this harem thing around him (but it's not here anymore in Sen 3 and it's nice !) and the fact that he is a lot more nekketsu-ish.
But, really, his mysterious past and every intriguing things we don't know yet about him make him a really nice character.

Last one would be Estelle. It's not like I don't like her or something. It's just that I don't have any chemistry with her. I really like her design though. But I feel she is a bit dull compared to Lloyd and Rean. I feel what makes her less dull is only her relations with other characters like with Joshua or Renne.

User Info: TheTalesRaven

TheTalesRaven
5 months ago#2
> Estelle dull compared to Lloyd
What? lol

Anyway, the order for me is Estelle > Kevin > Rean > Lloyd. (Kevin is the main protagonist of 3rd.) I like them all, but Lloyd is definitely the most dull when it comes down to it, in interaction, growth and depth to his character, all of which the other three excel at to great extents in certain regards. Lloyd isn't terrible, in fact I'd even say he is a good character when it comes down to it, he's just...really dull when compared to the others MCs, in my opinion.

User Info: redsilversnake

redsilversnake
5 months ago#3
I don't get why you went with romanized Japanese when "passionate" or "hot-blooded" work just as well, and also are words most of the people reading your post will actually, like, know.
Also, the harem aspect in Ao is not at all connected to that spoiler…I seriously don't know how you think that. Oh, and it's not at all gone in Sen III…

Anyway.
Estelle is easily my favorite, followed by Kevin, Sen III bumped Rean up my list (I found him pretty boring before), and Lloyd's been bumped down as a result.
I think what really set Estelle and Kevin apart is that, for starters, I find both of their arcs more satisfying than the other two (granted, Rean's isn't actually done yet, but still), with Estelle's growth in particular being what made a big part of FC and SC enjoyable for me.

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
5 months ago#4
"I don't get why you went with romanized Japanese when "passionate" or "hot-blooded" work just as well, and also are words most of the people reading your post will actually, like, know."

And everyone understands "nekketsu". So what's the problem ?

"Also, the harem aspect in Ao is not at all connected to that spoiler…I seriously don't know how you think that."

In the original timeline, it is said that the SSS didn't get along well together and that's what caused their desmise. KeA changed the timeline for them to get along among other thing. You can somewhat understand that Lloyd "attractiveness" is certainly caused by KeA's power.

"Oh, and it's not at all gone in Sen III…"

It's really a small part now. And if I remember correctly, you can only "date" 3 persons and it's a lot more plausible than having every girl in a class and even your teacher and all that at your mercy.

User Info: theNightster

theNightster
5 months ago#5
The harem stuff isn't really small from a story stand point, all the women are hitting on Rean in story now (even the older women which kind of feels a bit forced) But yeah you can only really romance Alisa, Emma and Laura however it's not like you can have a harem in sen like you could in Persona, it was always one girl per play through

User Info: theNightster

theNightster
5 months ago#6
But I would go Estelle>Rean>Kevin(why is he not listed?)>Lloyd

User Info: redsilversnake

redsilversnake
5 months ago#7
gatooo posted...

And everyone understands "nekketsu". So what's the problem ?

This is nothing but a huge assumption on your part.

In the original timeline, it is said that the SSS didn't get along well together and that's what caused their desmise. KeA changed the timeline for them to get along among other thing. You can somewhat understand that Lloyd "attractiveness" is certainly caused by KeA's power.

KeA says they died because the SSS didn't get as close to Estelle and Joshua, which resulted in them not joining the fight with Joachim, which lead to Renne not saving them. Her resetting the timeline didn't do anything to affect how many women would be attracted to Lloyd.

It's really a small part now. And if I remember correctly, you can only "date" 3 persons and it's a lot more plausible than having every girl in a class and even your teacher and all that at your mercy.

It's not just who you can pair him with through bond events; Alfin and Elize are still into him, Sara and Claire hint that he's on their respective lists for a possible romance (both on the same night, at that), Juna has moments that imply she has a crush on him, Altina and Towa may like him that way as well, and Musse is actively after him. In what way is that small?

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
5 months ago#8
Wait where's kevin in the poll? Anyway as I am and where I am in the series, I go with the Estelle > Lloyd > Rean option, otherwise Estelle > Kevin>Lloyd then Rean.

User Info: Adalwulfy

Adalwulfy
5 months ago#9
Estelle >= Kevin > Rean >= Lloyd

I don't dislike Lloyd, but he's one hell of a dense mofo.
Not really that into his character arc either compared to the other 3.
Other than that he's cool, and has some really good investigation skills.

Just doesn't stand as much out to me.

Rean I want to say I really like, but at the same time I almost take issue with the fact how Rean-centric they can be. Sometimes too much of something good, can also lead to making it seem like spotlight was taken from characters that needed it more in favor of the MC, and I feel it's more evident than ever in the CS games. Of course, just my perspective on it. His arc also isn't done.
SnK EVO was a mistake. Falcom should feel bad for letting it happen.
Done with all games in the series finally.

User Info: Millium_Orion

Millium_Orion
5 months ago#10
Rean > Kevin > Estelle > Lloyd
"There's someone whose love for thighs rivals wulfy's?" - TAoR
https://cdn.mirror.wiki/http://i.imgur.com/V0Ta5cP.png

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived