• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Portal Knights
  3. Is the game fun?[ps4]
lolwhatno 1 year ago#1
answer=print(input(I'm planning to purchase the game for my little brother,and I am wondering how is it...Is it like Minecraft(surviving/building)):
If answer=="yes":
print("What makes it different than minecraft(Is the world big heard that there are bosses,are they good/Is there a story or just like minecraft)
Thank you!
Some people are being too kind here...I'm getting suspiscious...
Dbowers5 1 year ago#2
It’s fun. There are quests and bosses with a loose overall quest. I like both DLCs, especially the druid class. Overall, it’s a little bit more polished than Minecraft, but with less depth. My 6 y/o plays it with his friends still. My 10 y/o played it for a little bit, but got bored with it after a while.

Terraria is also a similar all-ages crafting/adventure game that has more depth, especially for crafting, if you’re looking for Minecraft-like games.
lolwhatno 1 year ago#3
@Dbowers5 Hello sir,
Thanks for the answer.Funnily i'm planning to purchase the game for my 6y/o brother.But is the game easy to pick for him(knowing he got the hang of minecraft quickly)?You also said that your other son got bored, Isn't the game like minecraft (Because I enjoyed minecraft a lot!)
Thank you for you answers sir
Dbowers5 1 year ago#4
Yes, if he could play Minecraft, he should be fine. It’s a lot like Minecraft, but the islands not being connected can make it feel smaller and limits replayability compared to Minecraft, I think. The building can also be a little overwhelming for kids because there’s so many options for furniture and blocks, etc. The combat/bosses and RPG elements (leveling, gear, classes, questing) are a lot more fun than combat in Minecraft. There’s sort of an “end-game” in fighting hard mode bosses for random drops, but it’s not too grindy and you certainly don’t need to min-max to get through most of the content. You can also do online co-op, so my 6 y/o plays with one of his friends online which has been great during the lockdown.
lolwhatno 1 year ago#5
Dbowers5 posted...
Yes, if he could play Minecraft, he should be fine. It’s a lot like Minecraft, but the islands not being connected can make it feel smaller and limits replayability compared to Minecraft, I think. The building can also be a little overwhelming for kids because there’s so many options for furniture and blocks, etc. The combat/bosses and RPG elements (leveling, gear, classes, questing) are a lot more fun than combat in Minecraft. There’s sort of an “end-game” in fighting hard mode bosses for random drops, but it’s not too grindy and you certainly don’t need to min-max to get through most of the content. You can also do online co-op, so my 6 y/o plays with one of his friends online which has been great during the lockdown.
THanks for the answer sir,
Sorry to bother you but I have one last question:
Do you think I can enjoy it or can my 10y/o sister enjoy it?
Because my little brother want's to play with me?(as stupid as the question sounds)
Thank you
lolwhatno 1 year ago#6
Sorry for bothering
Dbowers5 1 year ago#7
I had fun playing it with both my kids. My 10 y/o still plays it with his brother. He just doesn’t play it by himself. After you kill all the hard mode bosses a couple times and play through the high rifts and hard mode relic defenses, then there’s just building - which isn’t always super fun to do alone.
lolwhatno 1 year ago#8
Dbowers5 posted...
I had fun playing it with both my kids. My 10 y/o still plays it with his brother. He just doesn’t play it by himself. After you kill all the hard mode bosses a couple times and play through the high rifts and hard mode relic defenses, then there’s just building - which isn’t always super fun to do alone.
OK thanks sir, I...I appreciate the answer.
nbjjago 1 year ago#9
I can confirm it is fun for both kids and adults. Once you've done most of the quests and hit level max 30 you'll have to grind a certain level (temple of c'thiris) over and over to collect energy crystals to craft end game armour and items. Can be a bit grindy aiming for these things but you don't really have to and can just play for fun building and exploring etc.

The new DLC druids and furfolk added a new tower defence type game mode which I quite enjoy too. Finish the main game first to make sure you like it before buying the dlc stuff.
The grinding for 200 events is the worst part. Other than that, it's not too grindy. Not for the average player anyhow. If you're the type that wants the best gear, however, there's a bit more grind involved. Although, if you're the type that's worried about farming for the best gear or defeating the Hard Mode bosses...you're probably already used to a grind, so it's not really an issue either way.
Pokemon Sword/Shield - Dedicated Breeder
Switch Friend Code: SW-2455-1197-3417 (IGN: Chuckmate)
  1. Boards
  2. Portal Knights
  3. Is the game fun?[ps4]
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A