• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Portal Knights
  3. Worth buying if you only play single player?

User Info: akgamefan

akgamefan
4 years ago#1
Just wondering peoples thoughts on the single player experience. I like playing co op but my ping time is at best 60ms and sometimes up to 140ms so I tend not to us MP or co op features in most game. Another question i guess would be. How important is ping time in this game? I can guess not as important as a COD type game but just curious to know. Thanks for the replies in advance.
Obesity kills 8 times the number of people annually in the U.S. compared to guns. Ban junk food and soda now to save our youth before it's too late.

User Info: chrisfakk2

chrisfakk2
4 years ago#2
akgamefan posted...
Just wondering peoples thoughts on the single player experience. I like playing co op but my ping time is at best 60ms and sometimes up to 140ms so I tend not to us MP or co op features in most game. Another question i guess would be. How important is ping time in this game? I can guess not as important as a COD type game but just curious to know. Thanks for the replies in advance.

Well worth it. I've gotten a ton of time invested a 29 warrior and 25 mage. You can store items In a chest then grab them with your alternate characters

akgamefan
4 years ago#3
Thanks for the info I went ahead and got it. Demo was a lot of fun and at $20 not too worried about the cost. I've bought worse for more.
Obesity kills 8 times the number of people annually in the U.S. compared to guns. Ban junk food and soda now to save our youth before it's too late.

User Info: SammichTime

SammichTime
4 years ago#4
I been enjoying it on single player, currently playing a level 29 ranger. It is like a better looking Minecraft with some lite rpg elements. Right now it feels complete but still raw and I hope they give it the Terraria treatment with updates that expand and add new content. The recipe farming and the random events also give the game some legs, like a quest of the day.
Giving my two cents at half price

akgamefan
4 years ago#5
@SammichTime
Thanks for the info. I'm playing on my ps4, psn acc name is 'Dolphinandwhale' if you want to monster hunt once I level up a bit.

User Info: SammichTime

SammichTime
4 years ago#6
akgamefan posted...
@SammichTime
Thanks for the info. I'm playing on my ps4, psn acc name is 'Dolphinandwhale' if you want to monster hunt once I level up a bit.

No can do, sadly it's XB1 for me. Thanks for the offer though. This is one of those games where cross platform play would be a blessing.
Giving my two cents at half price

User Info: UltraKev9

UltraKev9
4 years ago#7
I'm having lots of fun solo. Played local couch co-op with a friend and even with a 52 inch backlit LED TV we were both getting terrible eyestrain. Terraria seems better suited to local spilt screen.

Yeah, as above poster says, stick your stuff in a box and give it to other new characters. Then take everything you can carry into a new world to get a big head start.
Evidently, I haven't set a signature for the message boards yet.
  1. Boards
  2. Portal Knights
  3. Worth buying if you only play single player?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A