• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Portal Knights
  3. Can it be played single player?

User Info: wizaerd

wizaerd
4 years ago#1
I am not a fan of MP games at all, but it still seems interesting to me. Can it be played entirely single player?
People Suck

User Info: Hyde75

Hyde75
4 years ago#2
Yes. I've played quite a lot single player on PC. The multiplayer is simply up to 4 players can be in the game/world and work together. I've played 4 player LAN with my kids.

BTW, I think this game is awesome. I got it to get my kids to stop playing Minecraft because I was bored to death playing Minecraft with them. Portal Knights looks better, has more to explore, better combat, light RPG elements.
GamerTag: Hyde75
PSN: Hyde750

User Info: wizaerd

wizaerd
4 years ago#3
Hyde75 posted...
Yes. I've played quite a lot single player on PC. The multiplayer is simply up to 4 players can be in the game/world and work together. I've played 4 player LAN with my kids.

BTW, I think this game is awesome. I got it to get my kids to stop playing Minecraft because I was bored to death playing Minecraft with them. Portal Knights looks better, has more to explore, better combat, light RPG elements.

I'm all for it looking better and better exploration, and the combat being better than Minecraft's simplistic combat, but neither am I interested in something overly combat-centric. How's the building compared to Minecraft? Better materials? More materials? Better crafting?
People Suck

User Info: Hyde75

Hyde75
4 years ago#4
Crafting to me is more on par with Terrarria than Minecraft. What I mean is there are a lot of different armors and tiers of materials. PLus each class has different armors/outfits and weapons.

The building side to me is fine, but you don't have a creation mode like in Minecraft where you can just simply build what you want while flying in the air. There are different types of wood, stone, and other blocks. You find newer ones as you progress to new islands. The islands have different biomes, so one is ice and snow, another is a volcanic area, etc. If you create a large world each island is a decent size and will have a dungeon or two to go trough.

The combat is still simpler than games that focus on it. I think it is more akin to early 3d Zelda games with a lock on cam and being able to roll out of the way. Most enemies telegraph their attacks so you can move. As you level up if you go back to an earlier island the mobs levels don't increase (except if ones for special events) so when I am gathering mats I mostly ignore the enemies. Even on islands with enemies my level or higher you can avoid them if you want, but you will have to kill some to get the mats to build the portal stones.

Many of the plants can be literally farmed. Using a hoe you can setup farm dirt. I have a whole bunch of carrots (used for health potions) growing. Most of the seeds will only grow in their original biome. On an ice island there are plants that give silk. I ran about ripping them up and collecting the seeds from each. Then I planted a few hundred right near the landing pad (where you load in at). Now I go there when I need more silk and just replant before I leave.
GamerTag: Hyde75
PSN: Hyde750
  1. Boards
  2. Portal Knights
  3. Can it be played single player?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A