• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Portal Knights
  3. No local co-op?

User Info: Silver_Thunder

Silver_Thunder
4 years ago#1
Is that true? If there isn't any local/couch co-op that's a shame.
"Must be glorious to have such a happy knack for clarity and concision."

User Info: gr8twhte

gr8twhte
4 years ago#2
I saw a demo where it said split-screen was a go.

User Info: -BorrisMcD-

-BorrisMcD-
4 years ago#3
The trailer 100% says 2 player couch co op. It just was not part of the demo.

User Info: HolyX

HolyX
4 years ago#4
The demo does have co-op. Go to the character creation screen, then press start with the secondary controller to load them in.
Check out Final Fantasy VI Abridged!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE8PQkDIU5Y

User Info: ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54
4 years ago#5
Supports 4-player online, 2-player local.
Currently playing:
Uncharted 4 (PS4), R.B.I. '16 (XB1), Homefront TR (PS4), Shadow Complex (PS4), The Division (PS4), Bastion (Vita)

Silver_Thunder
4 years ago#6
Well then, that was a poor assumption on my part to take Co-optimus site's info as truth. Thanks for letting me know with the replies, I appreciate it!

Silver_Thunder
4 years ago#7
After downloading it, local/couch co-op does not work in the demo. It says 1 player as well. So, I guess we wait until the 19th to see if the full game has it.

Anyone of opinion this is better than Dragon Quest Builders? I for one am a huge DQ fan, but didn't like the game's limitations by having separate worlds, not just one large one to build/play in.

User Info: Hyde75

Hyde75
4 years ago#8
Local Co op works in the Demo, Played it with my son. I am wanting to know if we can play 2-player split screen and online.

We also have the PC version and have played 4-player LAN.. You can play the full game together.
GamerTag: Hyde75
PSN: Hyde750

User Info: Astroshak

Astroshak
4 years ago#9
Silver_Thunder posted...
After downloading it, local/couch co-op does not work in the demo. It says 1 player as well. So, I guess we wait until the 19th to see if the full game has it.

Anyone of opinion this is better than Dragon Quest Builders? I for one am a huge DQ fan, but didn't like the game's limitations by having separate worlds, not just one large one to build/play in.

The demo reminds me a lot of DQB. But, I'm stuck waiting for the physical game to be shipped to me from Amazon, so cannot comment on the full game.

That said, my girlfriend and I were playing the demo for the first time. The split screen was horrendous - could NOT easily read any text on either the top or the bottom half of the screen. It was bad enough that she quit and let me continue playing the demo solo. I kind of think that they should have made the character a little bit smaller by zooming out a bit, and having side by side split-screen rather than top and bottom split-screen, keeping the on-screen text the same size regardless of split screen or solo play.

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
4 years ago#10
Astroshak posted...
I kind of think that they should have made the character a little bit smaller by zooming out a bit, and having side by side split-screen rather than top and bottom split-screen, keeping the on-screen text the same size regardless of split screen or solo play.

In this day and age, I don't know why companies won't give the choice of top and bottom or side-to-side.
  1. Boards
  2. Portal Knights
  3. No local co-op?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A