• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Clear instructions on how to enter Pleasure House.

User Info: Cyrone

Cyrone
1 month ago#1
I am 20 hours into the game and it's about time I tracked down the bank lady. I am currently standing around at King's Station looking for this "pleasure house". Not a single source of information is available on this online

1 wiki page has a broken 404 link
1 fandom page has a misdirected link
The FAQ tells us absolutely nothing about how to enter the pleasure house, other than the bank lady is there.
Reddit has been of absolutely zero help ("the right half of City of Tears").
I've searched every HK board (PC, PS4, Switch) searching "pleasure" and nothing comes up.
Image of the map is of no help. There's a ladder? And an exit in the elevator shaft which doesn't exist when I climb the wall.

Please, fellow gaming pals, is anyone capable of providing simple, clear directions in English on how to enter this mysterious dimension. And before you ask, yes, I have a simple key.

Yours truly, Cyrone.
Currently playing: Hollow Knight (NS)
Dedicated Nintendo Fan 1995-2015

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
1 month ago#2
First of all, you need one of the four simple keys.

Go to the city of tears to the immediate left of King's Station where there are multiple platforms and large sentries with shields. Find the locked door that has a strange-looking sign next to it. When you go through this door, it's impossible not to find the pleasure house, and you will also find a singer performing an alternate version of the city's theme.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.
(edited 1 month ago)

Cyrone
1 month ago#3
Thank you GP, you are a lord and savior.

I thought all "doors" are on the side of the room. There's no indication in this game that a locked door can be in the middle of an area. Can't wait for this **** to be over..

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#4

What wiki?
https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/City_of_Tears

Cyrone
1 month ago#5
Hotel_Security posted...

What wiki?
https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/City_of_Tears

That ones fixed, but it still doesn't tell us where the location of the door is.

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
1 month ago#6
If you looked at the map image they have on that page, you would be able to see which room leads there, even if it doesn't show you the location of the door. I don't know whether to call this laziness or incompetence that you couldn't use that wiki page to find the door.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.

Cyrone
1 month ago#7
Edgemaster70000 posted...
If you looked at the map image they have on that page, you would be able to see which room leads there, even if it doesn't show you the location of the door. I don't know whether to call this laziness or incompetence that you couldn't use that wiki page to find the door.

Some random dotted vertical line doesn't mean anything. Does it mean "behind" that room? Does it original from a room below that large one?

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#8
Some random dotted vertical line doesn't mean anything..

Really? You can't look at a full map of the area and figure out exactly where that dotted line is coming from? It's very obvious and you can see the outline of the room in the wiki picture.

If that's not good enough, I went to youtube and typed in "Hollow Knight Pleasure House" and the 2nd link was an LP that shows exactly how to get there. This took about ten seconds.

Seriously bro, it's like you want others to just play the game for you. If you can't explore and discover things then I have no idea how you'd get into this game in the first place.
(edited 1 month ago)

Cyrone
1 month ago#9
Hotel_Security posted...
Seriously bro, it's like you want others to just play the game for you. If you can't explore and discover things then I have no idea how you'd get into this game in the first place.

I'm not gonna lie, I am rather fed up with this game, and I'm 25 hours into it. A rediculous lack of direction is cute in the beginning but it really gnaws at you at the endgame, even after I picked up the King's Brand it told me some special door opened (to the Abyss) but I had absolutely no idea what that was thus again forcing me to use a FAQ to find out where to go lest I spend hours traversing the map again.

*PS, I'm in China and youtube barely works here.

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#10
I'm not gonna lie, I am rather fed up with this game, and I'm 25 hours into it.

I can tell. If you can't get into basic exploration and discovery then I'm surprised you even made it this long.

A rediculous lack of direction is cute in the beginning but it really gnaws at you at the endgame,

Not really. If you're diligent, you mark every area on the map that seems to be somewhere you can't get to. Then, when you get abilities, you know exactly where to go...and going to these places unlocks more secrets for you. The game gives you plenty of map markers for this purpose. The game gives you all the ways to make this game more clear but they're not going to hold players by the hand either.

The King's Brand point is a good example since I didn't know about that either. But, I eventually just ran out of other places to go and went back there. Wasn't that big a deal.

*PS, I'm in China and youtube barely works here.

Ah, understood then. Definitely limits your options.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Clear instructions on how to enter Pleasure House.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A