• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Just beat the game* advice of what to do next

User Info: madhatta317

madhatta317
4 months ago#1
Holy s*** what a fantastic game. I haven't been this sucked into a game since oot for n64. It just had a magic to it.

And the hollow knight final boss. WOAH. Took me all day and hours of retries to finally beat him and damn was it satisfying. 13hrs with 46% completion and didn't use a walkthrough and it felt so magical just exploring and getting lost.

Now that I'm finished and dont need to worry about spoilers. I see there's a list of quests that seems a good place to start. What else does the endgame content look like? Optional bosses, collectibles etc? Also debating whether to start a new file or just continue clearing mine. Any benefits to either?

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
4 months ago#2
madhatta317 posted...
And the hollow knight final boss.
You can start with that.

He is not the final boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrQEsqcvpM
Some music goes with everything.

madhatta317
4 months ago#3
Dirak posted...
You can start with that.

He is not the final boss

The credits rolled after that so I assumed. There's more story after?

Dirak
4 months ago#4
madhatta317 posted...
The credits rolled after that so I assumed. There's more story after?
You have barely scratched the surface.

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 months ago#5
13 hours and 46%? Did you actually explore the entire map? What places have you visited?

Dirak
4 months ago#6
DUBTuner posted...
13 hours and 46%? Did you actually explore the entire map? What places have you visited?
My first playthrough with the best ending took me about 60 hours. The second time it was around 26 hours.

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
4 months ago#7
The endgame goals for Hollow Knight are typically:

Defeating the Radiance

Completing Path of Pain (back in white palace, look up a youtube video to find it, because you absolutely won't without it)

Completing Pantheon of Hallownest

Completing all bosses on Radiant difficulty in the Hall of Gods

Having all charms including Grubberfly's Elegy

Completing a 112% file

Completing a Steel Soul file

Completing a speedrun file

Completing a speedrun 100% file

Completing a speedrun 100% steel soul file

13 hours for a first clear is actually insanely fast for not using a guide, the average is 40 hours and I did it in about 35. Now I can speedrun it in under 1.5 hours.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.
(edited 3 months ago)

madhatta317
3 months ago#8
Edgemaster70000 posted...
The endgame goals for Hollow Knight are typically:

Defeating the Radiance

Completing Path of Pain (back in white palace, look up a youtube video to find it, because you absolutely won't without it)

Completing Pantheon of Hallownest

Completing all bosses on Radiant difficulty in the Hall of Gods

Having all charms including Grubberfly's Elegy

Completing a 112% file

Completing a Steel Soul file

Completing a speedrun file

Completing a speedrun 100% file

Completing a speedrun 100% steel soul file

13 hours for a first clear is actually insanely fast for not using a guide, the average is 40 hours and I did it in about 35. Now I can speedrun it in under 1.5 hours.

Wow cool yeah I'm proud of that time. Granted I know I didn't do nearly anything. Hell just in a couple hours of backtracking and filling out my map I've found alot of bosses and charms I've missed. All I did was wake the 3 dreamers and kill the hollow knight to get the credits to roll. It normally takes 40hrs for that? Definitely did not do any of the stuff you listed or DLC. Will go back to it though

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
3 months ago#9
The main reason it takes everybody that long is because the game has absolutely no guidance, so if you can't immediately figure out where to put a new ability to use, there's a ton of aimless wandering into dead-ends looking for where to go next.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.

madhatta317
3 months ago#10
Edgemaster70000 posted...
The main reason it takes everybody that long is because the game has absolutely no guidance, so if you can't immediately figure out where to put a new ability to use, there's a ton of aimless wandering into dead-ends looking for where to go next.

Ah, I just got the compass as soon as possible and always went to unexplored places, and when the 3 faces appeared on the map I went to those. Only part I used a walkthrough, and I was very ashamed, was to buy the lamp from the store. I was so mad. Didn't even need the guide to find the key. I already had that. Just didn't realize I needed to go back to the store haha
  1. Boards
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Just beat the game* advice of what to do next
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A