• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Physical copy ever coming out?

User Info: jojopellegrino

jojopellegrino
9 months ago#51
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
Might want to wait.The current physical copy doesnt include all the DLC.New copies that come out in August will have them.If you care about the DLC anyway.

@Mariofan15 What do you mean by that?

@Shinobi120

He means that the retail cartridge isn't the fully updated version which has all the previously released updates on cartridge. Out of a grand total of approximately 6 gigs of game, you're only getting about 4 on the cartridge and will have to download a two gig. update in order to access all the DLC.

The good news however is that the developers know they're at fault and will be releasing a fully updated cartridge version in retailers come August.

Nice. Source for this?

Also, how will I know which version I’d be purchasing once this is 9out? I hope they don’t keep the packaging exactly the same
Recanize a real don when ya see one

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
8 months ago#52
jojopellegrino posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
Might want to wait.The current physical copy doesnt include all the DLC.New copies that come out in August will have them.If you care about the DLC anyway.

@Mariofan15 What do you mean by that?

@Shinobi120

He means that the retail cartridge isn't the fully updated version which has all the previously released updates on cartridge. Out of a grand total of approximately 6 gigs of game, you're only getting about 4 on the cartridge and will have to download a two gig. update in order to access all the DLC.

The good news however is that the developers know they're at fault and will be releasing a fully updated cartridge version in retailers come August.

Nice. Source for this?

Also, how will I know which version I’d be purchasing once this is 9out? I hope they don’t keep the packaging exactly the same

@jojopellegrino

Check out Team Cherry's website. Someone on this board already posted a link stating their apology. I was wrongfully suspended these last few weeks from posting so I forget the topic where that link originated from. As far as knowing the difference of the two cartridges; that I don't know. I bought mine from Gamestop so I'll probably have to bite the bullet and rebuy it.
Sage of FAQs.

jojopellegrino
8 months ago#53
Sounds good to me!

User Info: BloodPuppetX

BloodPuppetX
2 months ago#54
I have a physical copy and it includes all the DLC on the cart. Fangamer is the publisher. (Bought it from Best Buy.)
Oh? Who are you, Mr. Bunny? This world is like the real world, but evil has twisted it.
(edited 2 months ago)

jojopellegrino
2 months ago#55
BloodPuppetX posted...
I have a physical copy and it includes all the DLC on the cart. Fangamer is the publisher. (Bought it from Best Buy.)
Thanks I will remember this when i decide to purchase :)

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
2 months ago#56
@The_Sage @jojopellegrino I think that this link from fangamer here will explain it in detail:

https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/hk-replacements

Scroll down to where it says "How do I tell the difference between a copy of Hollow Knight for Nintendo Switch from the first printing and a copy from this new production run from the game box?".
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.

jojopellegrino
2 months ago#57
Thanks for that. I saw it at best buy last night @ $30. I should have gotten it. I should go back.

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
2 months ago#58
jojopellegrino posted...
1) My entire Switch library consists of physical games
2) I can resell it later on if I ever get tired of it

Resell Hollow Knight?

LOL

Oh man that is a good one this is one of the greatest games made in the past 10 years, I can't imagine ever letting it go. s*** I almost want to buy it on every device I own just to support this developer.
(edited 2 months ago)

jojopellegrino
2 months ago#59
Monopoman posted...
Resell Hollow Knight?

LOL

Oh man that is a good one this is one of the greatest games made in the past 10 years, I can't imagine ever letting it go. s*** I almost want to buy it on every device I own just to support this developer.
Nah I prefer physical anyway when i can. I won't ever re-sell this one :)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
2 months ago#60
[i]Nah I prefer physical anyway when i can.[/i]

I do too but not when it's twice the cost of a digital version. Physical ones are supposed to be cheaper, not more expensive.
  1. Boards
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Physical copy ever coming out?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A