• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cave Story +
  3. I'm struggling to get that ending *Spoilers*

User Info: munkey55

munkey55
2 years ago#1
Hell is such a tough level for me. If I can even get through it, Heavy Press and Ballos kill me. I've managed to beat Heavy Press a few times but Ballos kills me in only his first form. I'm so bad at this.
FC: 2578 - 3126 - 4470

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
2 years ago#2
munkey55 posted...
Hell is such a tough level for me. If I can even get through it, Heavy Press and Ballos kill me. I've managed to beat Heavy Press a few times but Ballos kills me in only his first form. I'm so bad at this.

My advice for the sanctuary itself is to take it slowly, try to take out foes you can from where they can't hurt you and learn the places where the swarms of flying angel dudes (Butes?) spawn and take them all out before you move on. Try not to get swarmed and leave the hearts if you already have max health, and go back to collect them later if you take damage.

I don't have a good strategy for Heavy Press at all, besides the very first first room with spikes it's probably the toughest part of the dungeon for me. I guess try to avoid getting swarmed by the angels.

You kinda need to learn Ballos' patterns if you want any chance of defeating him, his damage output is quite large and chances are you aren't exactly in best health either.

The first three of Ballos' forms have rather simple patterns, just avoid taking any necessary risks and you should be fine, the last form is tough as nails if you want to do it legimately but there are two very effective exploits to him.

1. If you have a level 3 missile launcher you can jump next to his eye while he transitions from from form 3 to 4 and then just blast him in like 5 second. I personally have a hard time getting my missiles to level 3 though so I always go for the other option below.

2. If you have the Nemesis and at least around 20 health left when you get to the last form you can just jump to the spikes that spawn in the ground and tank the 2 damage they deal every now and then and just blast him with the nemesis from below.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: BassForever

BassForever
2 years ago#3
If this is your first time doing hell and you don't have the spur, nemesis, and life pot you need to reset. Yes it's possible to beat it without those (technically blade lvl 2 is the fastest for speed runs) but that trio will help you to survive and get a feel for how to beat hell without needing to worry about powering up any of your guns. You should try and power up super missiles if you can.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

munkey55
2 years ago#4
Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I need to change my weapons up. I had the machine gun and nemesis but the spur seems pretty OP.

User Info: BassForever

BassForever
2 years ago#5
munkey55 posted...
Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I need to change my weapons up. I had the machine gun and nemesis but the spur seems pretty OP.

Machine gun is a noob trap, not having it makes the labyrinth a lot harder but it's worth the struggle to have the spur for end game.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

munkey55
2 years ago#6
BassForever posted...
munkey55 posted...

Machine gun is a noob trap, not having it makes the labyrinth a lot harder but it's worth the struggle to have the spur for end game.

I got through my curly run and got the True Ending. That took days of practice and switching to Spur to do. But I did it.

Expa0
2 years ago#7
Another small thing to note is that if you get unlucky happen to take a lot of damage from the falling blocks in the escape sequence after the Undead Core battle and before the prefab building you might want to consider doing the Undead Core over again just so you can start the hell with full health.

E: Ah, got ninjad badly. Excellent Job.

munkey55
2 years ago#8
themegaman7 posted...
Another small thing to note is that if you get unlucky happen to take a lot of damage from the falling blocks in the escape sequence after the Undead Core battle and before the prefab building you might want to consider doing the Undead Core over again just so you can start the hell with full health.

E: Ah, got ninjad badly. Excellent Job.

Thanks. And yeah luckily I was at full health when I beat the core. I learned where the Butes spawned, where they can and can't hit me, and I rushed Heavy Press with the Nemesis while dodging what I could. I also didn't resort to using the Life Pot until at least Phase 2 or 3.

User Info: KamenRiderGekko

KamenRiderGekko
2 years ago#9
Having Nemesis makes the Heavy Press a breeze, just shoot straight up at it and jump to dodge the ground thingies.
"Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza"
NNID-GrepGekko 3DS FC-1650-5451-0264

Expa0
2 years ago#10
KamenRiderGekko posted...
Having Nemesis makes the Heavy Press a breeze, just shoot straight up at it and jump to dodge the ground thingies.

You do risk collecting the power ups the angels drop though. I feel just using Spur without using the charge works the best.
  1. Boards
  2. Cave Story +
  3. I'm struggling to get that ending *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers