• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How would be a sequel to Fire Emblem Heroes?

User Info: chicksan

chicksan
1 week ago#1
So, I see this idea throwed here constantly. What do you mean with this?
Hello, I love you

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
1 week ago#2
I imagine it'd be a game with a much bigger emphasis on story for starters, and mechanically different.

I'd expect stuff like

• Bigger maps and party size than normal Feh gameplay. AR is moving toward that but i imagine the map space would be a mix between normal and GC maps
  • Units that have multiple weapons
  • Str/Mag Split with a new stat added in (these two gives IS much more room to create unique characters without needing to crank up their PRFs and live or die by said PRFs)
  • Pair-up as a default mechanic even if only in the same form as it took in 3Hs. Characters will likely have a special characteristic for being a pair-up mule which could double the amount of units a player would need to pull to make their team
  • A weighted skills system like the Tellius games for example.
  • An adaptation of our current CD->special system into something using a gauge ruled by a SKL stat
  • Among other things.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 401~K words/26 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
1 week ago#3
If there is no way to carry over units from this game, and not be a substantial enough of a jump in quality. It will be dead in the first year.

Sequels to games like this are VERY easy to screw up simply because the player base has so much invested into the first, that they will never want to start over again in a sequel.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TraineeShanna

TraineeShanna
1 week ago#4
Why would be a sequel to Fire Emblem Heroes?
Rolf's Bow is funny in that its name tells you the problem - it's a bow, and it belongs to Rolf. It would be fine if those things were not true.
-Panthera
Team Rocket Elite 1 week ago#5
GodOfDerp posted...
Sequels to games like this are VERY easy to screw up simply because the player base has so much invested into the first, that they will never want to start over again in a sequel.

What examples are there other than Love Live and I think Princess Connect! Re:Dive? Like there are things like Pokemon Masters EX but that's more of a rebranding than a sequel.
My bracket looked like random picks compared to his.
Congrats to azuarc for winning the GotD 2020 Guru Contest!

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
1 week ago#6
if it doesn't carry over progress, it will be DOA

TraineeShanna posted...
Why would be a sequel to Fire Emblem Heroes?

it'd be less a sequal and more of a rebranded overhaul of the game. Remove Training Tower, revamp the entire interface etc.
I wouldn't need to sound like such a dick if you people would just get on my level....

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
1 week ago#7
If they're expecting me to pull for all my units again, they'd be out of their damn minds and I wouldn't even touch a potential FEH2 lol.

User Info: ChazA4

ChazA4
1 week ago#8
Team Rocket Elite posted...
What examples are there other than Love Live and I think Princess Connect! Re:Dive? Like there are things like Pokemon Masters EX but that's more of a rebranding than a sequel.
Marvel: Avengers Alliance is an example I personally can think of. It probably didn't help that they(Disney at the time) tried doing spin-offs in the interim that also flopped(Tactics being the biggest).
Bad: When you attempt to disarm a trap, the GM says "Uh oh..."
Worse: When asking for the damage, they say "Does anyone have a calculator?"

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
1 week ago#9
Live 2D models
Dual language support
More interactive Touch features
Live PvP
Pokemon GO: 8973-4950-4215 / Fire Emblem Heroes: 193-150-4677 / Switch: https://imgur.com/wNDqTmg
Personal FEH Spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2WsGkt9

User Info: chicksan

chicksan
5 days ago#10
SirRobX posted...
Live 2D models
Dual language support
More interactive Touch features
Live PvP
Yes, most other gachas with less revenue have way better animations, IS is cheap af.

Azardea posted...
If they're expecting me to pull for all my units again, they'd be out of their damn minds and I wouldn't even touch a potential FEH2 lol.

This is the reason that I think a sequel would be counter productive. But honestly I don't know how sequel of other mobile games are doing.

guedesbrawl posted...
Bigger maps and party size than normal Feh gameplay. AR is moving toward that but i imagine the map space would be a mix between normal and GC maps

You other ideas are great but I think a party in the size of the core games would be counter productive to the mobile system, I suppose? Too many time wasted in a map and moving the party
Hello, I love you
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How would be a sequel to Fire Emblem Heroes?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A