• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Question about the FE experts in general?

User Info: Safer_777

Safer_777
1 month ago#1
1)I started playing FE games since Awakening and I have played all the main games that have come since then(Awakening, Fates All Routes, Echoes and Three Houses. I am currently playing Three Houses.) I play Normal and Casual. My question is that I know in the older games there was no Casual Mode right? Does that mean that if you weren't careful enough you wouldn't had enough units to finish the game?
2)The timeline and location of FE games. Are all in the same planet? With centuries passing between them?(except the direct sequels of course.)
So why we exist? What happens when we stop existing?
Azuarc the best Guru of the 2020 Contest! Nice job man!

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
1 month ago#2
1, yes and no
yeah you could kneecap yourself but the games general have some 11th hour old man that joins you in the last chapter to make sure you have something capable of fighting

2, the games generally take place on different continents

some games imply same universe (Jugdral and Archenea are definitely on the same planet)
others imply a multiverse (FEH chief among them)

Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!

User Info: Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
1 month ago#3
I believe in Gaiden(FE2) you could have too many units tired to actually enter the map? Though thankfully that stopped being a thing(And while fatigue is a thing in Echoes, tired units can still enter maps to avoid the "softlock").

But yeah like Kaiser said, there's usually some random dude just waiting around near the end of the game to lend a hand just in case someone really isn't good at the game.
https://imgur.com/gOGzcN4

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
1 month ago#4
1: Most games have a "Gotoh" archtype. Some overpowered unit who joins specifically for the final chapter, and they typically are capable of soloing it. Or dominating most of the map. Gotoh, Mycen, Nagi, Athos to name a few.

2: Most games are completely seperated from each other. Outside of direct sequels like SD and MoTE, FE7 and binding blade, genealogy and thracia (More of the same world, but not technically a sequel. Just different events during genealogy)

User Info: HackedDragonite

HackedDragonite
1 month ago#5
  1. It's very difficult to lock yourself out of completing the game. There's also no shame in restarting a chapter if you lose a valuable unit. Most people just do that anyway, so few would actually frown upon you if you do that. But in any case, most games have an overpowered unit in the final chapter that's typically strong enough to win it for you. In some cases, your early-game prepromote also happens to be insanely overpowered, Seth and Titania in particular come to mind. It's very easy to just make them dominate the game for you if necessary. Basically, you're given everything you need to succeed. Don't let permadeath intimidate you too much.
  2. Most games take place in different worlds or dimensions from each other. Presumably to keep the canon from getting too messy like Zelda is, they just disconnect everything like Final Fantasy does.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!

User Info: Safer_777

Safer_777
1 month ago#6
Okay thanks. So a strong unit and different planets then.
So why we exist? What happens when we stop existing?
Azuarc the best Guru of the 2020 Contest! Nice job man!

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
1 month ago#7
Safer_777 posted...
Okay thanks. So a strong unit and different planets then.

Heh sounds funny when you put it that way but yeah.

Different places completely unless they were based off the same region.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Question about the FE experts in general?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A