• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. My luck has gone downhill. 400 orbs and I got

User Info: SpaghettiCookie

SpaghettiCookie
1 week ago#41
navi854 posted...
thank you uwu guess my philosophy classes paid off. There was a LOT to unpack when we discussed the pros and cons of prostitution becoming universally legal (this does not include people who are involuntarily sex slaves)
f*** sex trafficking it’s so depressing.

one hard thing is I went to a hearing school so debates are hard as I could never participate but now that we have debates in sign in college I try. I’m great at English, literary analysis, thematic analysis all that stuff but philosophy is hard because I haven’t debated much.
My main argument for prostitution being legalized is that it serves as a means of living, with people often economically forced into the job.
also, the biggest risk factor is pimps. If we could employee ourselves (women who wished they could be part of this career) then pimps wouldn’t run the rings, it would be legitimate. As it stands you can’t complain or put a pimp for forcing women to do too much.

The same thing can be said about people who join the armed forces as a means of living; they use their bodies as a service and get benefits from it.
well people can be drafted into the army because it’s a means of protection for the city so I do think it’s different.
Both “occupations” have downsides of mental and physical harm, except prostitutes are jailed and belittled by the same government that forces them into the job while soldiers are praised as (Fire Emblem) heroes.
I believe soldiers should be praised as they risk their life’s for us

prostitutes don’t deserve praise just for their work but of course they don’t deserve jail or belittlement. I think they’re more comparable to CEO’s who use their skills and talents to their ability to start their own business
https://imgur.com/a/UEjz4hP Brave Chrom CYL 6 or Duo Chrom?

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 week ago#42
SpaghettiCookie posted...
I believe soldiers should be praised as they risk their life’s for us
Oh right you're dumb again forgot that you're easily manipulated. All the other stuff with pimps is not a thing in other countries, sex workers self employ or work in establishments, pay taxes, are fully health insured and get regular mandatory checks by the government to see if they're in danger or sex trafficking is going on.
But yeah sure keep idolising an imperialist war nation from the last millennium. Soldiers are soldiers for a reason. They didn't finish college :)

User Info: Oresama

Oresama
1 week ago#43
SpaghettiCookie posted...
I think prostitutes are more comparable to CEO’s who use their skills and talents to their ability to start their own business
LMAO
6* when?

User Info: navi854

navi854
1 week ago#44
Yeah it’s a dangerous job with pimps, but I don’t believe that’s strong enough to justify keeping it illegal. I think we have to accept that it is a dangerous occupation, but it should be legalized to protect those in the job, rather than punishing them.

Sorry I wasn’t quite clear about my soldier analogy. It’s specifically about soldiers who are economically put into the job. Recruiters are known to target lower income urban areas. The analogy doesn’t follow with soldiers who join out of patriotism, or those that are just drafted.

And yeah, you’re totally right on how prostitutes shouldn’t be celebrated the same way soldiers are. Also yeah you got me there, soldiers fight FOR us whereas prostitutes “fight” for themselves. I’ll admit it’s not an amazing analogy now, no analogies are perfect.

I just have personal gripes with knowing people who served/are serving and are MAGA/all lives matter people, so I hate that they’re grouped in as the people who are blindly celebrated.
ACNH: Eden of Astra Island
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Paleman

Paleman
1 week ago#45
Just because some pitiful souls out there are willing to buy drugs doesn’t mean you should sell them. It only contributes to the toxicity in society.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 week ago#46
Paleman posted...
Just because some pitiful souls out there are willing to buy drugs doesn’t mean you should sell them. It only contributes to the toxicity in society.
Buying sex instead of talking girls into it is bad because....?

User Info: navi854

navi854
1 week ago#47
Paleman posted...
Very fair point. Nothing much we can do unfortunately. There’s a market, and if you ban it, people will find ways to get it regardless.

We (the states) tried prohibition and it failed which is really sad considering alcohol causes so much harm.
ACNH: Eden of Astra Island

User Info: Sila

Sila
1 week ago#48
Congrats on your Chrom! He came albeit reluctantly. Think he'd show up more if you used a different source of money lol? What merge level is he now?

Being born deaf sounds rough on your self-worth yeah...Like, I feel like a worthless person at times for being socially awkward, but you have like, a literal genetic wall that can't (easily) be corrected. It's not your fault, but you have to deal with it all the time anyway.

User Info: RK800_Connor

RK800_Connor
1 week ago#49
Paleman posted...
Thats really sad. I hope you know that those actions have consequences and will come back to haunt you. Stop abusing yourself.
Slut shaming in 2020 smh...
- I'm a machine, designed to accomplish a task. I know why I exist and who designed me. I have a reason to live. I guess that's the difference between us.

User Info: Oresama

Oresama
1 week ago#50
RK800_Connor posted...
Slut shaming in 2020 smh...
People who say this are the biggest hypocrites I swear. Yes she does whatever she wants, nonetheless I dare you to find just one person who would actively encourage their daughter to partake in that kind of activity or would even be proud of her because "omg it's so empowering".
6* when?
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. My luck has gone downhill. 400 orbs and I got
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A