• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Which game had better voice acting?

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#51
StellaLunaris posted...
Conrad is best boy.

Change my mind.
Why would I change your mind? You're correct.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: Constructe

Constructe
1 week ago#52
link12290 posted...
SoV easily. It's the reason I love SoV so much. The map design may not be amongst the greats of fire emblem, but the presentation is hands down the best in any fire emblem ever.
I agree. And it’s not like the game isn’t still fun to play. But because it looks and sounds so good, it puts SOV way up there as one of my favorites. I’m still surprised sometimes by how much the presentation raises my opinion of the game sometimes.
Did you hear about Pluto? That's messed up

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#53
Constructe posted...
I agree. And it’s not like the game isn’t still fun to play. But because it looks and sounds so good, it puts SOV way up there as one of my favorites. I’m still surprised sometimes by how much the presentation raises my opinion of the game sometimes.
To be the fair, the presentation can really influence how much you get into the game. Because if the presentation isn't good... it can take you out of it sometimes.
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: Paleman

Paleman
1 week ago#54
Unpopular opinion. Echoes was fun to play despite having some empty maps, and cantors were fun to fight. The final battle is honestly the best in the franchise.

User Info: Gun_Empress

Gun_Empress
1 week ago#55
Echoes has some of the best voice acting in the series.
Order and Chaos

User Info: ManagarmrOP

ManagarmrOP
1 week ago#56
A_Field_Lover posted...
Except the royal lords get a lot of stuff handed to them through inheritance, blood and being favored by the gods (Naga for example). All of them run their armies and lords like Ephraim canonically solo a castle with 3 other dudes. Alm is no different from being blessed. Especially when destiny's a theme in a lot of FE games. You're literally being spiteful because you personally don't like Alm as a character and ignoring the facts.
What? Name me the privilege given to them. Marth's father literally died because he's just a guy with Anri's blood and nothing more. Sigurd, Leif and Seliph are not the only one who has Holy Blood and its weapons since it's the core theme of Jugdral. Lords from GBA games doesn't even descent from the main heroes, hell the Lycian are made up of nobles that descent from Roland, and Renais wasn't the country of the leader, it's Grado, and they only benefit from the standard merit of being a lord, nothing more. Ike's not even a noble, but his father is actually a legend himself so he's privileged in that department but everything else he is not, there's a reason Shinon and Co left. Micaiah may sound like a Sue but she didn't benefit from her lineage at all until she rightfully reclaim it. Chrom and Lucina has the same deal with Marth, no god's favor or anything. Then Corrin with his prophecy of bringing peace and kush.

And about Ephraim. The only reason he's able to do so is because the Fort was supposed to be a trap for him.

A_Field_Lover posted...
They're apart of Alm's strength and what brings the Deliverance to success than just Alm and Alm alone. To claim they don't exist and it's magically not a team effort despite the official scenes and dialogue is just delusional, cut it out.
Except the game and the narrative never treated them as such and instead sing praises to Alm instead. That's a fact you could never refute.

A_Field_Lover posted...
"Alm never fails!!!1" Jeopardizes Lukas' plan, fell for traps and struggled, he may not "fail" as in lose completely but no other lord does. They CAN'T fail or they all die, same applies to Alm. Alm is established with flaws and slip ups but he gets saved or works his way out of the s*** he brought upon himself. It's unreasonable to expect Alm to fail against a huge war where it's only death if he does. If he did, it'd make the writing worse and require bulls*** of ruthless enemies like Berkut sparing Alm for some reason, no just no.
Yet in the end, he prevails in both times he ruined Lukas' plan and fell for Nuibaba's trap. What? Other FE shows actual struggle or obstacle. "Oh no, Gharnef is immune with Imhullu, we have to retreat and assemble Starlight, Marth you can do anything about it", "Oh no, SIGURD YOU'RE DEAD", "Oh no, Nergal is too strong, we have to comply to his request", "Oh no, every Sacred Stones but Rausten are destroyed", and Chrom/Lucina have the most failures it's not funny.

The problem with Alm winning smoothly is because the narrative made a point that Deliverance was losing, and even then, it's bunch of untrained farmers + some nobles against legions of trained army.

A_Field_Lover posted...
FE4 literally has Seliph outrank everyone due to his holy blood status and position, Marth outranks everyone due to hero king status and being the only one to use falchion, Ephraim is so centered that he makes Eirika inferior to him, etc etc. You're pulling convenient excuses out of your ass to oust Alm specifically.
FE4 is indeed a game about Holy Blood and such, other characters that descent from Crusaders are nowhere below Seliph, who only has the edge for claiming the throne because he's Deirdre's son (which is a birthright not privilege).

What? Marth's status as Anri's descendant never made him special aside from the task of stopping Medeus. He's just another one of his descendant, just like his father, who died in war.

Ephraim' s Stu-ness is ACKNOWLEDGED, and is the reason for the villain starts the whole s***. It's Justified. Not that there are many praises sung for him aside from the obvious gopher.

A_Field_Lover posted...

Doesn't make him a gary stu, overcoming adversity and showcasing his flaws doesn't make s*** "objective", it just doesn't align with your taste. Alm objectively isn't a gary stu and your arguments failed to say otherwise.

Excuses, also claiming it doesn't count because you don't find the plot point appealing for you is laughable. You shifted goalposts and now you're making whatever excuses in the book to justify it.
Which part of "bending the universe around them" did you not understand?

And no, i don't count them because the the overarching story doesn't either. It's just like those filler episode in Naruto where there's no consequence at all.

A_Field_Lover posted...
He only gave a s*** about Berkut the instant he killed Rudolf and found out Berkut was family. That's it, he was perfectly willing to slay Berkut otherwise but keep making excuses. Also, the tons of soldiers slain in war weren't evil and neither was Rudolf. You're literally shifting goalposts by justifying Alm's blatant dismissal of Rudolf throughout the entire war.
Nice to miss the point, I'm impressed. The fact that he accepted the dude as his cousin and goes "We can rule together, dear cousin" after EVERYTHING he did to Alm is what I'm talking about. That's a great deal of compassion. And even when he's trying to bash Berkut’s skull in, he does so with utmost respect.

Ah yes, the faceless mooks how mortifying. And i just loooove your hypocrisy is always showing in the easiest of arguments. Alm's killing of "innocent" faceless mooks is literally no different than other FE characters, why do you hold that against him being a ruthless character?

And Rudolf's death was unavoidable, i said it before and you can go tango around it all you want, but there's no way for Alm to know that Rudolf is his father (because Rudolf's plan hinges on Alm killing him after all, he wouldn't let that slip) so it's not really something done out of ruthlessness but necessity
If you're seeing me being a douche, that means I've rewatched 5cm per second again

User Info: ManagarmrOP

ManagarmrOP
1 week ago#57
A_Field_Lover posted...
Imagine being so egotistical that you call it "cracking down" and "free to talk", you didn't do s***. And trying to insult anyone is hilarious coming from a complete joke such as yourself.
Cool, go on. Everyone here hates you and doesn't want you around.
If you're seeing me being a douche, that means I've rewatched 5cm per second again

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#58
ManagarmrOP posted...
Cool, go on. Everyone here hates you and doesn't want you around.
Keep projecting, clown. Like I give a s*** about your faulty claims.

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#59
ManagarmrOP posted...
What? Name me the privilege given to them. Marth's father literally died because he's just a guy with Anri's blood and nothing more. Sigurd, Leif and Seliph are not the only one who has Holy Blood and its weapons since it's the core theme of Jugdral. Lords from GBA games doesn't even descent from the main heroes, hell the Lycian are made up of nobles that descent from Roland, and Renais wasn't the country of the leader, it's Grado, and they only benefit from the standard merit of being a lord, nothing more. Ike's not even a noble, but his father is actually a legend himself so he's privileged in that department but everything else he is not, there's a reason Shinon and Co left. Micaiah may sound like a Sue but she didn't benefit from her lineage at all until she rightfully reclaim it. Chrom and Lucina has the same deal with Marth, no god's favor or anything. Then Corrin with his prophecy of bringing peace and kush.

And about Ephraim. The only reason he's able to do so is because the Fort was supposed to be a trap for him.

Except the game and the narrative never treated them as such and instead sing praises to Alm instead. That's a fact you could never refute.

Yet in the end, he prevails in both times he ruined Lukas' plan and fell for Nuibaba's trap. What? Other FE shows actual struggle or obstacle. "Oh no, Gharnef is immune with Imhullu, we have to retreat and assemble Starlight, Marth you can do anything about it", "Oh no, SIGURD YOU'RE DEAD", "Oh no, Nergal is too strong, we have to comply to his request", "Oh no, every Sacred Stones but Rausten are destroyed", and Chrom/Lucina have the most failures it's not funny.

The problem with Alm winning smoothly is because the narrative made a point that Deliverance was losing, and even then, it's bunch of untrained farmers + some nobles against legions of trained army.

FE4 is indeed a game about Holy Blood and such, other characters that descent from Crusaders are nowhere below Seliph, who only has the edge for claiming the throne because he's Deirdre's son (which is a birthright not privilege).

What? Marth's status as Anri's descendant never made him special aside from the task of stopping Medeus. He's just another one of his descendant, just like his father, who died in war.

Ephraim' s Stu-ness is ACKNOWLEDGED, and is the reason for the villain starts the whole s***. It's Justified. Not that there are many praises sung for him aside from the obvious gopher.

Which part of "bending the universe around them" did you not understand?

And no, i don't count them because the the overarching story doesn't either. It's just like those filler episode in Naruto where there's no consequence at all.

Nice to miss the point, I'm impressed. The fact that he accepted the dude as his cousin and goes "We can rule together, dear cousin" after EVERYTHING he did to Alm is what I'm talking about. That's a great deal of compassion. And even when he's trying to bash Berkut’s skull in, he does so with utmost respect.

Ah yes, the faceless mooks how mortifying. And i just loooove your hypocrisy is always showing in the easiest of arguments. Alm's killing of "innocent" faceless mooks is literally no different than other FE characters, why do you hold that against him being a ruthless character?

And Rudolf's death was unavoidable, i said it before and you can go tango around it all you want, but there's no way for Alm to know that Rudolf is his father (because Rudolf's plan hinges on Alm killing him after all, he wouldn't let that slip) so it's not really something done out of ruthlessness but necessity
Their blood, holy weapons that only they can use to slay the gods, etc. How is that not being blessed? A major part of what makes Marth line up with destiny is his connection to Anri, a legendary hero. Also, I guess being trapped at Dragon's Maw along the journey (literally needing Celica to clear the path and help them out) and the state of Valentia being super f***ed up before Alm even sets foot out of the village doesn't count? Guess it just doesn't count because of Alm succeeding which is ridiculous reasoning. Also, Alm reclaims his heritage deep in the game after having to work with basic swords and weapons. He doesn't get some magical super power from his brand, and the "destiny" is something that doesn't grant Alm immediate safety, he still has to fight. It's not like some god appears and clears Alm's path for him, HE had to do it himself.

Official dialogue putting them as apart of Alm's team and giving credit to them too like Clive literally founding the Deliverance and keeping it stable to begin with counts. The themes literally support the side cast more than it does Alm, it's not a fact that needs refuting since the official game already does so.

Your subjective thoughts on a scene doesn't erase that Alm would've died there without Celica. Keep trying though. This mary sue/gary stu s*** is now nothing but a buzzword, to the point the meaning of said word changes on a whim. Alm isn't an author insert, has flaws and rise to power can be reasonably argued for with the context of medieval times, but noooo... That doesn't count and it's apparently a narrow description of this Sue/Stu s*** in your words. What a joke.

Alm giving a s*** about people and his cousin doesn't make him have Mila's love. His background aligns with Rigel and he has Duma's strength and faith in people. I do not hold it against Alm either, he just doesn't have the complete love to be related to Mila and his actions show it. Saying I'm holding it against him is not true but it IS worth noting. Actually, Alm did get a gut feeling that something was wrong but because he refused to try to understand Rudolf like Celica wanted, Alm missed any chance of getting anything out of Rudolf before Alm slayed him.

User Info: JonMan

JonMan
1 week ago#60
GooseRider960 posted...
Yeah, SoV f***ing kills it in voice acting. The scene where Alm kills Rudolf f***ing hits hard.
I've rewatched it so many times at this point Kyle McCarley is one of my favorite english VAs. He also did an outstanding performance in Neir Automata voicing 9S.
I play too much Feheroes
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Which game had better voice acting?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A