• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Which game had better voice acting?

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
1 week ago#41
I’m sure glad this topic devolved into an Echoes debate
Killer Queen has already touched this post.
Owner of the Ultimate Sword: https://imgur.com/MYXmhv6

User Info: ManagarmrOP

ManagarmrOP
1 week ago#42
A_Field_Lover posted...
And brands + themes of destiny have been a thing day 1 even in FE... Alm isn't a gary stu for having what every other lord has and your paragraph on that fails to convince otherwise. Also no other lord not having it is BULLs***, because weapons of destiny like Falchion and others are inherited through blood or gifted because of their status in the plot. Holy blood literally makes people gods of men in comparison to the common people without it. Chrom and Lucina have brands of destiny and don't really lose at all. The only thing that counts as a defeat is the fate of Emmeryn... Only to be immediately retconned in the Spotpass thing.
Other characters merely tango with Heroic Lineage. Only other character with prophecy is Corrin, such prophecy also gave him several privilege. There's a big difference between the Chosen One and Descended From Heroic Lineage (this is majority of FE lords). Let me repeat it again: Alm being Branded > Mycen trains him > Becomes Deliverance Leader with ease

A_Field_Lover posted...
Tons of people join the Deliverance with Alm. The villagers, Silque and Luthier for one. That's not counting the captured soldiers they save. And the off screen soldiers do count, they're apart of the army and you can see them as NPCs and in cutscenes. They don't magically count now just because you say so. They're apart of the army and Alm just utilized his chess pieces correctly along with Clive and his lieutenants handling day to day affairs outside of the battlefield in Clive's words. It was a team effort.
Yet they never mattered. They're just a bunch of faceless nobodies that has no bearing to the plot and Alm's taking over the castles, and like i said, numbers alone doesn't warrant a victory. It's a fact that Deliverance only starts winning when Alm joined, and those aren't attributed to "hey tons of firepower actually helps", never. It's Alm.

A_Field_Lover posted...
Nope, if you played Fates it's confirmed through Conquest that Takumi loved Corrin all along and Revelation has Takumi suck Corrin's c*** like every other character. Praising Alm for his efforts and what he succeeded at isn't wrong but ok. If he was praised for his failures that would be another thing but not once was he praised for f***ing up like Corrin was.
Yeah near the end where it's an accumulation of asspulls despite Takumi trying to murder them several times

Here's the thing, Alm's failure was never praised because he never fails. Shocker i know.

A_Field_Lover posted...
That's what you claimed, every male wanting to be Alm and being jealous. Which obviously isn't true, every guy except Tobin are content with their own lives and place in the world. Tobin has character development of accepting his friends and his own life. It's what Gray and Tobin's A Support is about, Tobin making amends and not hating Gray for winning Clair over. This always happens in FE and lots of fantasy games in general, side characters being side characters and playing second fiddle to the main character.
The main point of the whole Alm is Gary Stu is that he's better than literally everyone in every conceivable way. And I'm bringing the boys because they're the one who address such inferiority.

And no, no other FEs were this blatant in making the lords better than everyone else.

A_Field_Lover posted...
Your personal opinion means nothing, it still gives Alm trouble and gave Berkut a few more scenes. Also, that mirror is the entire reason Berkut and Fernand weren't slain by Alm when they lost the fight, objectively proving that it was acknowledged (and it had build up by Nuibaba's scene with Berkut). To say it doesn't count is a pathetic shift of goalposts than a legit counterargument. And him falling for stuff showcases his flaws, mary sues are known for their LACK of flaws, Alm having flaws contradict gary stu status, you saying "so what" as a desperate counter says a lot. It's not a smooth ride, at best it's a ride that goes well with minor bumps and hard battles along the way.
It's not an opinion it's a fact. That such event has no lasting consequence or effect in the story, it's not like Berkut can't escape or anything, the whole "he'd have died had he doesn't have this one McGuffin" is bs. Hiding behind the word "it's just opinion" dulls critical thinking (though im aware that this is just your last line of defense).

Him failing for an illusion is not a flaw despite your hardest effort to make it sound like one. So I'll entertain you, what options does he have?
If it's truly Celica (which it isn't)
- Saving her is the correct choice
- Not saving her? Say goodbye to your lover
If it's just a conjured illusion (which it is)
- Saving "her"? Killing someone who's malevolent enough to conjure such illusion in a bid to trick you in the first place is never a bad thing
- Not saving her? No harm's done.

As you can see, "saving her" illusion or not is the correct choice. It always has been.

A_Field_Lover posted...
"It's stupid because I don't agree with it". Keep making excuses, Alm isn't gary stu. You not liking him is fair enough, but a gary stu? Quit f***ing around. Alm has flaws, had to be saved by Celica two times now and struggles more than in Gaiden.
Nope it's stupid because it's narrow and not even applicable as a trope at all. This video explains what considered Stu/Sue nowadays, your definition was very outdated and wrong (definitely because you try to exclude Alm from such definition)
https://youtu.be/H2-GIY9RTqU

And no, Alm's "need saving twice" as i drilled tons of times doesn't even count because it's not even sincere. Random McGuffin (that also goes unmentioned after its use) for a literal filler event, and Dracozombie Hell only happens when you clear Celica's route first.

A_Field_Lover posted...
Ahhh so that's what it is. Your s***ty headcanon under the guise of a brain (of lack thereof in your case), that explains a lot. Alm has Duma's faith in humanity and strength. Celica has Mila's love and kindness for everyone, while Alm sees anyone who battles him as an enemy that he has to kill (confirmed in Tatiana scene). Celica was willing to not see Rudolf as a monster while Alm doubted it in their reunion scene. That was the entire "themes" in Gaiden and Echoes. Alm and Celica having the best of Duma and Mila.
Which part of Alm forgiving and grieving for Berkut and Fernand like an old friend would you did not understand? That's some compassion, considering all they ever done in front of him, yet Alm believe that there's a goodness in them (and he's right). All other people he straight up murder are obviously irredeemably evil, save for Rudolf because it's a gambit he pulled himself.
If you're seeing me being a douche, that means I've rewatched 5cm per second again

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#43
Poison-puffs posted...
I’m sure glad this topic devolved into an Echoes debate

Conrad is best boy.

Change my mind.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redpawdesigns/mini-ketes
Mini-ketes! Support our Kickstarter for dragon plushies!

User Info: link12290

link12290
1 week ago#44
SoV easily. It's the reason I love SoV so much. The map design may not be amongst the greats of fire emblem, but the presentation is hands down the best in any fire emblem ever.
IGN: 0blivion
3ds FC: 1891-1172-4901

User Info: BipBapBam

BipBapBam
1 week ago#45
StellaLunaris posted...
Conrad is best boy.

Change my mind.
Daddy Bercute exists tho
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#46
BipBapBam posted...
Daddy Bercute exists tho

I wouldn't trust him when he decides we go camping on our next date and he builds a very big campfire...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redpawdesigns/mini-ketes
Mini-ketes! Support our Kickstarter for dragon plushies!

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
1 week ago#47
StellaLunaris posted...
Conrad is best boy.

Change my mind.
He’s voiced by Guts so agree
Killer Queen has already touched this post.
Owner of the Ultimate Sword: https://imgur.com/MYXmhv6

User Info: ManagarmrOP

ManagarmrOP
1 week ago#48
Last time i cracked down this nutjob, this board is free to talk SoV for 2 months. I'm just doing my part to keep this board clean because 3H board is certainly unsalvageable.
If you're seeing me being a douche, that means I've rewatched 5cm per second again

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#49
ManagarmrOP posted...
Other characters merely tango with Heroic Lineage. Only other character with prophecy is Corrin, such prophecy also gave him several privilege. There's a big difference between the Chosen One and Descended From Heroic Lineage (this is majority of FE lords). Let me repeat it again: Alm being Branded > Mycen trains him > Becomes Deliverance Leader with ease

Yet they never mattered. They're just a bunch of faceless nobodies that has no bearing to the plot and Alm's taking over the castles, and like i said, numbers alone doesn't warrant a victory. It's a fact that Deliverance only starts winning when Alm joined, and those aren't attributed to "hey tons of firepower actually helps", never. It's Alm.

Yeah near the end where it's an accumulation of asspulls despite Takumi trying to murder them several times

Here's the thing, Alm's failure was never praised because he never fails. Shocker i know.

The main point of the whole Alm is Gary Stu is that he's better than literally everyone in every conceivable way. And I'm bringing the boys because they're the one who address such inferiority.

And no, no other FEs were this blatant in making the lords better than everyone else.

It's not an opinion it's a fact. That such event has no lasting consequence or effect in the story, Alm didn't even try to murder the two so saying that it saved their shins is bs. Hiding behind the word "it's just opinion" dulls critical thinking (though im aware that this is just your last line of defense).

Him failing for an illusion is not a flaw despite your hardest effort to make it sound like one. So I'll entertain you, what options does he have?
If it's truly Celica (which it isn't)
- Saving her is the correct choice
- Not saving her? Say goodbye to your lover
If it's just a conjured illusion (which it is)
- Saving "her"? Killing someone who's malevolent enough to conjure such illusion in a bid to trick you in the first place is never a bad thing
- Not saving her? No harm's done.

As you can see, "saving her" illusion or not is the correct choice. It always has been.

Nope it's stupid because it's narrow and not even applicable as a trope at all. This video explains what considered Stu/Sue nowadays, your definition was very outdated and wrong (definitely because you try to exclude Alm from such definition)
https://youtu.be/H2-GIY9RTqU

And no, Alm's "need saving twice" as i drilled tons of times doesn't even count because it's not even sincere. Random McGuffin (that also goes unmentioned after its use) for a literal filler event, and Dracozombie Hell only happens when you clear Celica's route first.

Which part of Alm forgiving and grieving for Berkut and Fernand like an old friend would you did not understand? That's some compassion, considering all they ever done in front of him, yet they believe that there's a goodness in them (and he's right). All other people he straight up murder are obviously irredeemably evil, save for Rudolf because it's a gambit he pulled himself.
Except the royal lords get a lot of stuff handed to them through inheritance, blood and being favored by the gods (Naga for example). All of them run their armies and lords like Ephraim canonically solo a castle with 3 other dudes. Alm is no different from being blessed. Especially when destiny's a theme in a lot of FE games. You're literally being spiteful because you personally don't like Alm as a character and ignoring the facts. War heroes are such a common thing that they have their own archetype: Jegans, Mycen isn't exclusive to Alm's story and Alm's story alone.

They're apart of Alm's strength and what brings the Deliverance to success than just Alm and Alm alone. To claim they don't exist and it's magically not a team effort despite the official scenes and dialogue is just delusional, cut it out.

"Alm never fails!!!1" Jeopardizes Lukas' plan, fell for traps and struggled, he may not "fail" as in lose completely but no other lord does. They CAN'T fail or they all die, same applies to Alm. Alm is established with flaws and slip ups but he gets saved or works his way out of the s*** he brought upon himself. It's unreasonable to expect Alm to fail against a huge war where it's only death if he does. If he did, it'd make the writing worse and require bulls*** of ruthless enemies like Berkut sparing Alm for some reason, no just no. At the very least his recklessness and blatant dismissals of red flags cost him his blood father.

FE4 literally has Seliph outrank everyone due to his holy blood status and position, Marth outranks everyone due to hero king status and being the only one to use falchion, Ephraim is so centered that he makes Eirika inferior to him, etc etc. You're pulling convenient excuses out of your ass to oust Alm specifically.

Doesn't make him a gary stu, overcoming adversity and showcasing his flaws doesn't make s*** "objective", it just doesn't align with your taste. Alm objectively isn't a gary stu and your arguments failed to say otherwise.

Excuses, also claiming it doesn't count because you don't find the plot point appealing for you is laughable. You shifted goalposts and now you're making whatever excuses in the book to justify it.

He only gave a s*** about Berkut the instant he killed Rudolf and found out Berkut was family. That's it, he was perfectly willing to slay Berkut otherwise but keep making excuses. Also, the tons of soldiers slain in war weren't evil and neither was Rudolf. You're literally shifting goalposts by justifying Alm's blatant dismissal of Rudolf throughout the entire war.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#50
ManagarmrOP posted...
Last time i cracked down this nutjob, this board is free to talk SoV for 2 months. I'm just doing my part to keep this board clean because 3H board is certainly unsalvageable.
Imagine being so egotistical that you call it "cracking down" and "free to talk", you didn't do s***. And trying to insult anyone is hilarious coming from a complete joke such as yourself.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Which game had better voice acting?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A