• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Which game had better voice acting?

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#21
ManagarmrOP posted...
1. Le chosen one
2. Apparently so good that he led a country full of inexperienced hedonists in a winning war against a ruthless militaristic country (fair war mind you, not Awakening level of "we'll just get the head of their leader to end the war")
3. Everyone loves him, girls loves him, boys are jealous of him
4. Is perfect from the start, while his counterpart suffers from sexist writing and reduced to damsel
5. His route preached "your birth station doesn't matter" as its side theme guess who he is?
Being a chosen one doesn't make you gary stu, that's always been a thing. It's just a tired trope more than anything.

It took a team effort than just Alm

Wrong, not everyone loves him. If girls loved him then why does Delthea disrespect Alm for example (look at base conversations) so you're full of s*** to claim otherwise. And over half of the guys are not jealous of Alm. It's literally just Tobin and he develops to appreciate all of his friends still. Someone hasn't played Echoes, or at least didn't bother to get their facts straight.

Nope, Alm was made to struggle a whole lot more in Echoes than in Gaiden. He's in trouble more (Nuibaba's Mirror), falls for more traps, recklessness is highlighted, has to STRUGGLE (his group canonically had a big fight against 3 Rigelian men). Celica was never "reduced" she followed up on what she received in Gaiden. Hell, she got more than Gaiden.

The entire theme showcases the best of both worlds. Alm takes the earnest nature + hard work of a common man mixed with the inheritance of a prince. The side cast benefits from that "side theme" too.

Still not a gary stu no matter what bulls*** you make up
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ManagarmrOP

ManagarmrOP
1 week ago#22
A_Field_Lover posted...
Being a chosen one doesn't make you gary stu, that's always been a thing. It's just a tired trope more than anything.
Correct, it takes more than that, which Alm does.

His brand leads him to be taught by Mycen and in turn made him allowed to lead the deliverance through only a single showing.

A_Field_Lover posted...
It took a team effort than just Alm
And only under his leadership they start winning, suddenly they were able to take Zofia Castle, and even Rigel itself.

A_Field_Lover posted...
Wrong, not everyone loves him. If girls loved him then why does Delthea disrespect Alm for example (look at base conversations) so you're full of s*** to claim otherwise. And over half of the guys are not jealous of Alm. It's literally just Tobin and he develops to appreciate all of his friends still. Someone hasn't played Echoes, or at least didn't bother to get their facts straight.
"Corrin is not beloved by everyone because Takumi hates him". The fact that you used Delthea whose main gimmick is that she's a brat is telling.

Gray says, as a kid no less, that Alm and Celica are different than them "in every way" (and later said Alm is a great leader of Deliverance the one that allows them to earn the impossible victories), Clive calls Alm a teacher when you save Delthea and he also admits that Alm is better than him. Tobin, who's is all about being competitive with his fellow villagers just straight up telling the guy himself he's better than him in every way is pretty big.

A_Field_Lover posted...
Nope, Alm was made to struggle a whole lot more in Echoes than in Gaiden. He's in trouble more (Nuibaba's Mirror), falls for more traps, recklessness is highlighted, has to STRUGGLE (his group canonically had a big fight against 3 Rigelian men). Celica was never "reduced" she followed up on what she received in Gaiden. Hell, she got more than Gaiden.
What? Nuibaba's Mirror is a random plot contrivance that was solved by Celica's McGuffin.
What trap? Nuibaba's? The one whom he caves her teeth in 6 minutes later after proclaiming "you've fallen for my trap"? Who calls Alm's for his recklessness? Clive only calls him out if Mathilda dies.
Alm feeling "phew that was quite a battle" after the event is NOT him struggling, evident when he crushes them with ease later.

Celica was merely the embodiment of Mila while Alm is already an embodiment of both Duma and Mila. She's also reduced to damsel because of her stupidity and before you go off, yes, i understand why she believes strongly in Mila, I've explained this million times before, but since you're so slow I'll do it again, people don't take issue with her faith, it's how she believed Jedah

A_Field_Lover posted...
The entire theme showcases the best of both worlds. Alm takes the earnest nature + hard work of a common man mixed with the inheritance of a prince. The side cast benefits from that "side theme" too.
He only earns his position by being the chosen one. His proficiency as a fighter and leader? It's apparently all Mycen. Why Mycen even trains him in the first place? It's because he's a chosen one.

It's f***ing Naruto all over again.
If you're seeing me being a douche, that means I've rewatched 5cm per second again

User Info: Bada27

Bada27
1 week ago#23
Echoes no contest.

It helps that the script was much better handled than 3H because dumb Nintendo threehouse and their arbitrary translations.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#24
Y'all ever talk about those post-battle quotes in Echoes? Those HURT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--76tTcsyOU
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redpawdesigns/mini-ketes
Mini-ketes! Support our Kickstarter for dragon plushies!

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
1 week ago#25
Echoes is 10/10 interms of VA
Three Houses is 9/10

Killer Queen has already touched this post.
Owner of the Ultimate Sword: https://imgur.com/MYXmhv6
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Ad_Victoriam

Ad_Victoriam
1 week ago#26
Echoes. And this is why we can't have a conversation about it, because its resident fanatic crawls out of the woodwork to defend it from any and all criticism.
You can karate chop people. You can shoot 'em with a silenced pistol. You can shoot 'em with a silenced karate chop.

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
1 week ago#27
Ad_Victoriam posted...
Echoes. And this is why we can't have a conversation about it, because its resident fanatic crawls out of the woodwork to defend it from any and all criticism.
She's the only one I've ever blocked on this site. Completely worthless and one-note.

User Info: Paleman

Paleman
1 week ago#28
The only voice acting that I felt was lackluster in SOV was Deen.
A tie to me, really.

It really helps Three Houses has a ridiculous amount of voice acting.
"Mrgrgr!" - Edea Lee

User Info: Tankumi

Tankumi
1 week ago#30
SoV Berkut VA is godly. Made me like his character a helluva lot more than I normally would've.
My unorthodox FEH Takumi aka Tankumi & his latest build: https://imgur.com/a/pibcQXg
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Which game had better voice acting?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A