• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. The rare case of ally support being optimal: Hinoka and Camilla.

User Info: Enoemaa

Enoemaa
4 months ago#1
People have seen me talk about how amazing Camilla is pretty much forever, and for good reason, she's still an incredible unit. But this time, while she's essential, it's not really about her.

Recently, I finished merging Hinoka, who has long been a favourite character of mine (Especially from Fates), and a unit I was always interested in merging but just hadn't fully gotten around to.

At +10, my Hinoka currently is thus:
https://i.imgur.com/Ihye5WI.png

Not bad, but, doesn't really stand out next to Cordelia, or especially Tsubasa or Trio Palla. She just doesn't have the stats or skills that they do.

But, that's where Camilla comes in, to at least level the playing field a bit. Hinoka's weapon gives +4 Atk/Spd when she's within two spaces of an infantry or flying ally, Camilla's weapon gives +3 Atk/Spd to flying units within two spaces, and ally support gives +1 or +2 to all stats, depending on proximity. With just that alone, Hinoka winds up with 64 Atk/48 Spd, if adjacent to Camilla. +7 Atk/Spd from being within two spaces of her in general, and the additional +1 or +2 from Ally Support (If she's one space away, 63 Atk/47 Spd). Note, that's not counting A skill or flier buffs.

I do have Swift Sparrow 3 on her, but, figured I'd give her Blade Session, make her a bit more unique and even a little more minmaxed for offensive stats. With Blade Session counted, her final stat line with all supports and skills counted - before the usual +6 flier buffs I run - becomes:

HP 48
Atk 73
Spd 57
Def 31
Res 30

With flier buffs as I usually run them, that's an additional +6 to all stats on top of that. Most notably, 79 Atk/63 Spd. That also doesn't include any blessings, summoner support, or dragon flowers - and I certainly do intend to dragon flower her before long - so she could certainly be pushed further still.

Here's a screenshot of her versus a generic armour from when I was farming SP, with full +6 buffs.
https://i.imgur.com/QmPawho.png
https://i.imgur.com/HaC2PwS.png

Unfortunately, can't really run them in any meaningful mode right now - the current meta archers (Legendary Chrom, Leif, Alm) are WAY too strong, they pretty much invalidate all fliers merely by existing. But, I do think that amongst the many, many flying lance users, Hinoka - paired with Camilla - legitimately can stand out.

That's all! Just thought it was kinda cool, and a neat way to run Hinoka (Who I do like for a variety of reasons). They're two units who are very obviously made to ally support each other, with Hinoka's built in Infantry + Flier Guidance warping and receiving buffs and Camilla's receiving and giving buffs based on proximity playing off each other extremely well.

User Info: RandomAc1206

RandomAc1206
4 months ago#2
Very cool!

You should definitely find some dedicated team members for these two. You can definitely clear lots of PvE content with a flying team with these two as its front-runners.
FEH FC: 6904832321 (W!Eirika)
Waiting for Marianne's debut in FEH.

User Info: navi854

navi854
4 months ago#3
As a flying enthusiast and day 1 player, I still do not own a single Hinoka.

Your build surely helps her stand out though which is really needed. It is quite sad though that Camilla’s stats aren’t extremely amazing anymore. Her Res and Spd are middling in the age of gen 4 and her defense is quite on the low side when ran plainly with Iotes, not to mention those crazy archers running around. Nonetheless, her supportive prowess is still really good.
ACNH: Eden of Astra Island

User Info: LorenzoV

LorenzoV
4 months ago#4
Oof, powercreep really hurt her badly, considering Lilith's stats (her only problem is no Galeforce, amusingly you are running that on Hinoka).

Still, congrats on your new +10! You should totally try getting her Joint Drive atk!
Shion Sonozaki is the best

User Info: Crusher063

Crusher063
4 months ago#5
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/9/1/2/AAdIpRAAAhbQ.jpg

I went a completely different direction with mine TC, but yours is beautiful, and the pairing with Camilla is perfect!

You can always give up her PRF refine for more stats, unless you use her guidance a lot. Mine needed the extra speed to help activate Pegasus Flight. It seems to work.

If she gets a resplendent version I’ll be very, very happy. As long as her thighs are still prominent.
FEH ID: 8279160200
Thirty-Four 5*+10 units and counting...

Enoemaa
4 months ago#6
RandomAc1206 posted...
Very cool!

You should definitely find some dedicated team members for these two. You can definitely clear lots of PvE content with a flying team with these two as its front-runners.
Indeed! In general, my flying shell tends to be Camilla, some sort of flying archer counter (These days, that pretty much exclusively means Raven Adept Spring Camilla - Altina can easily handle Legendary Alm and Leif, but she gets shredded by Legendary Chrom), and then usually a dancer or a mage. If I was going to run the team, would probably do it like that. But, yeah, fliers have been gimped really hard in the meta, I'll probably make a separate topic about that eventually, haha.

navi854 posted...
As a flying enthusiast and day 1 player, I still do not own a single Hinoka.

Your build surely helps her stand out though which is really needed. It is quite sad though that Camilla’s stats aren’t extremely amazing anymore. Her Res and Spd are middling in the age of gen 4 and her defense is quite on the low side when ran plainly with Iotes, not to mention those crazy archers running around. Nonetheless, her supportive prowess is still really good.
Yeah, Hinoka's always been rare, and is a unit that's never really had a reason to be built if a person's going strictly for optimal performance in the game. Cordelia has basically been better since forever, and more accessible to boot.

Camilla, yeah, unfortunately so. If she gets Respendent, that'll help her a lot - she's still able to handle a lot, basically all green and blue dragons and mages with the build I run on her (Link below this paragraph), and most lances and some axes, but she absolutely can't handle archers. IMO, she's best used as a mage/dragon counter and a buffing unit, with a side of mixed phase + mixed tank. She's weaker than she was, but, other units have definitely fallen off WAY harder than her (Myrrh and Female Grima notably), and having access to Pegasus Flight does help her considerably, as well.

https://i.imgur.com/aziqL52.png

LorenzoV posted...
Oof, powercreep really hurt her badly, considering Lilith's stats (her only problem is no Galeforce, amusingly you are running that on Hinoka).

Still, congrats on your new +10! You should totally try getting her Joint Drive atk!
Yeah, Lilith is a beast, her warping ability is insane. But, that is indeed partly why I gave Hinoka Galeforce; she doesn't run it as well as some others (Or as well as she'd be able if her PRF had a Slaying effect, or if Fliers could get literally any special cooldown skills at all), but she can run it well enough and has more than enough Atk and Spd to get by.

But, when paired with Camilla, she actually keeps up with power creep pretty well. She actually stands toe to toe with Tsubasa, though both of them are a notable step below Trio Palla, IMO.

And that's a really good idea! I do have extras of that skill, that could be fun. I'm always a little hesitant to give away super rare skills like that, but, she'd be a good user of it for sure, just one more bit of synergy between those two.

Enoemaa
4 months ago#7
Crusher063 posted...
I went a completely different direction with mine TC, but yours is beautiful, and the pairing with Camilla is perfect!

You can always give up her PRF refine for more stats, on less you use her guidance a lot. Mine needed the extra speed to help activate Pegasus Flight. It seems to work.

If she gets a resplendent version I’ll be very, very happy. As long as her thighs are still prominent.
Beautiful! Yeah, I've thought about FDR3 + Pegasus Flight as a really useful skill pairing in general, it's a good idea for sure and that's a great build.

And, yeah, I have thought about giving her the +Spd version of her lance rather than the unique skill, no doubt about it. The skill isn't bad, but, having the extra Spd is helpful as well, for sure.

Definitely agree about resplendent - she's got some of the best art from launch units, hope her eventual resplendent is similarly good (But even if it's not, I like the original art and the stat boost is always good, so can't complain!).

User Info: TedConway

TedConway
4 months ago#8
Congrats on your Hinoka! She looks great. I use mine with Sanaki for Cymbeline's +3 Atk, I still have to build a Camilla but I probably should. They work really well together, as you pointed out.
Never count Tobin out!
I am the TC.

User Info: Lief4Heroes

Lief4Heroes
4 months ago#9
Looks pretty good. I'd liked to maybe build Hinoka one day, but her limited availability and the fact that my only one is Res+/Atk- hurts the chances of me doing that.
Altenas summoned: 4
FEH FC: 5084449634

User Info: BipBapBam

BipBapBam
4 months ago#10
tl;dr Camilla x Hinoka is canon~

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/9/7/9/AAXTQ9AAAhcT.jpg
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. The rare case of ally support being optimal: Hinoka and Camilla.
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 3 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 625 Questions (621 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A