• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Don't you dare. Don't you goddamn dare.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
6 days ago#21
Pikachufanboy posted...
I actually prefer characters I like being crappy freebies over banner units so I don't have to pull for them.

Not just this, but for me personally it also means I can entertain the idea of getting them merges.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
6 days ago#22
Pikachufanboy posted...
I actually prefer characters I like being crappy freebies over banner units so I don't have to pull for them.
i'd be fine if they were crappy compared to modern 5* exclusives

but they're crappy compared to literally day one units like catria/cordelia/est/shanna, or cherche

or in travant's case compared to the demote from the same exact banner

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
6 days ago#23
https://youtu.be/cbhv3_V_Lkg

Please don’t ruin Seteth

Ruin someone crappy that nobody likes, like Cyril or Gibert
Killer Queen has already touched this post.
(edited 6 days ago)
Limit_2 posted...

but they're crappy compared to literally day one units like catria/cordelia/est/shanna, or cherche

This.

I don't understand how some people defend s***ty demotes/free heroes like them being accessible and them being good is a mutually exclusive thing.

I don't expect all free heroes to be on the level of BK, Naesala, Kronya, or all demotes to be on the level of Soleil or Reyson, but can we stop getting free/demote heroes that are consistently worse than or about at the same level as launch heroes? (and in some cases like Cherche, this was true before she even had a Prf)

If they're going to get s*** or bland stats then give them a useful unique weapon to stand out like with (and not some half baked s*** like Gharnef's), like with Kempf and Garon. If they're not going to get a unique weapon, then give them decent stats relative to their peers in their move-type like they did with V! Titania, V! Eliwood, or W! Jaffar. Current gen BST isn't good enough of an excuse to s*** them up in every other way, and decent fodder isn't a good excuse either considering heroes like Naesala, Garon, and Soleil were both useful to use and as fodder.

There was an excuse to be made for heroes like Narcian, Clive, Claire (pre-refine), or Athena back in the day, but by Oliver, Lyon, and Canas we were at "this shouldn't be a thing anymore", and by now we should be at the worst free heroes and demotes should be comparable to at least Tailtiu, Roderick, or Death Knight, but here we are.
You have just spent time to read my signature.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: RavingSwoobat

RavingSwoobat
6 days ago#25
Limit_2 posted...

This pretty much. There's no reason why over 80% of them are terrible, especially when Grails are still rather scarce or tied to $$ deals/AR. I$ showed that they can make interesting an unique freebies, why make most of them objective trash, akin to Gen 1 and 2 prf-less units.

I don't expect them to be as good or better than banner units, but they already are gimped because of bloated Hp investment and no boon options. Also, something like Travant should have never happened at this point of the game. That was uncalled for.

User Info: Misha-Heart

Misha-Heart
6 days ago#26
They probably will do it. I don't think anyone wants more Slitherers and there hasn't been an armor GHB in forever so that rules out the Flame Emperor.
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
"Life is long when you live it, but oh so short when you look back."

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
6 days ago#27
At least he'll likely have a PRF, Spear of Assal or whatever it's called.

User Info: WeaponHunterX

WeaponHunterX
6 days ago#28
Deej posted...
Seteth has something to ask of you...
IS introduced him as a lance flier with Slaying Lance+ in 2020, and he needs your help to be viable. Please hurry. Flayn is laughing uncontrollably.
This comment is making ME laugh uncontrollably.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
6 days ago#29
TheGuyNamedWolf posted...
I don't understand how some people defend s***ty demotes/free heroes like them being accessible and them being good is a mutually exclusive thing.

I like the idea of actually getting a character I want, like a real video game. If I have to make a choice, I'd choose guaranteed over top tier. I don't think any unit should still be s***.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
6 days ago#30
Silver Lance?
Here we go
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Don't you dare. Don't you goddamn dare.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A