• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Lyn.. isnt very good

User Info: qrqwqrqrq

qrqwqrqrq
2 weeks ago#1
RIP Lon'qu and Hinata
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/0/6/AAaOoSAAALjK.jpg
Doomed to obscurity forever... What I deserve for not taking this more seriously.

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
2 weeks ago#2
Yeah, she's not. The person who gave her super premium fodder and summoner supported her to show that she's good... yeah, no, give almost any other outdated infantry sword the same treatment and they'll do just as good or better. It's embarrassing that without multiple merges or an ATK asset she doesn't hit 50 ATK even with Fury 3, considering the best way to use her is as a player phase duelist.

I'm looking at my Karel right now who has the exact same kit as Lyn (Fury 3 and Wrath), and he's better despite having 10 less BST, because his sword is better. Same applies to Lon'qu.

Cordelia will only be good because she was already viable, while Lyn wasn't very good since launch or even after she first got her refine. She requires too much setup to still end up worse than infantry swords that don't need as much setup.

What Lyn needs is a new weapon, like the Mani Katti to give her +3 ATK, effective damage against Armor and Cavalry, and 1 other effect (-1 cooldown? +10 special damage?).
You have just spent time to read my signature.

User Info: AuraChannelerCh

AuraChannelerCh
2 weeks ago#3
That one isn't Atk+.

If she was, things would be a LOT different.
"Mrgrgr!" - Edea Lee

User Info: Sad_Face

Sad_Face
2 weeks ago#4
Give her Wrath/Flashing Blade and Luna.
imgtc.com/i/4HgTl0ebzq.jpg imgtc.com/i/60CWP2Gtlg.gif

User Info: generic_user123

generic_user123
2 weeks ago#5
I'd say she still has good things going for her.

Innate brashperation functions as a pseudo null follow up as long as she doubles naturally - which is easy for her cause high speed. You can use wrath for hard hitting specials or repel/close call for tankiness. She's nowhere near the top and you really need full investment (+10, dragonflowers) for her to shine.
Switch FC: 6917 6799 5271

User Info: HatsuneGuimu

HatsuneGuimu
2 weeks ago#6
Why not use a unit builder before investing? And vantage?

Anyways, I like her despite the obvious flaws and she's still way weaker than my Mia or Karla.

https://i.imgur.com/XmwOkbn.png

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
2 weeks ago#7
Lyn's problem is that she got a weapon that essentially makes her only care about atk, yet she has so much BST wasted into def/res (especially res) and even spd to an extent.
You try getting killed thousands of times and having any other expression than "Existence is suffering". - R_Hunter

User Info: CatGoat

CatGoat
2 weeks ago#8
Stats aside, I think every unit is going to be underwhelming when you stick a day 1 SI budget build like this on them.

User Info: Mephantom

Mephantom
2 weeks ago#9
Yeah she's not too great, but I'm not sure what you were expecting with the super outdated Fury-Vantage set on her.

She's one of my favorites from the main games, so I decided do some heavy investment with her:
+10 dragonflowers, Luna, Fury 4, Wrath, Time-Pulse, with her Eff refine,
She's at +3, I didn't buy the Resplendent skin;

Basically, she's decent, but not that great. With this set, she doesn't have much issues killing most things, but the major problem is she can only kill one thing a turn, because Time-Pulse and Wrath only reduces special cooldown once a turn, so she can't sweep with Dancers like every other sweeper. Being an infantry sword is also limiting to start with, on top of needing at least one combat to set her up to start with.

I was trying her out for this TT, but OG!Celica (put her in as bonus unit) ended up doing majority of the work . Even with the TT bonus stats, Lyn still wasn't that great tbh.

User Info: qrqwqrqrq

qrqwqrqrq
2 weeks ago#10
CatGoat posted...
Stats aside, I think every unit is going to be underwhelming when you stick a day 1 SI budget build like this on them.
not really, Cordy was fine with essentially just Heavy blade + her refined base kit.
Doomed to obscurity forever... What I deserve for not taking this more seriously.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Lyn.. isnt very good
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A