• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Hector vs Edelgard who is the better Armored Axe Lord

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
1 week ago#11
Hector is a better character, and it wouldn't shock me if he's more important to his game stats wise than Edelgard. In Hector Hard Mode Low Turn Count lists he's normally in the top 3-5 and is critical. For Fire Emblems from Awakening onwards almost any unit is great so there's a lot less variance. Edelgard might be one of the best units in 3Hs (wouldn't know, haven't played it), but the gap between her and the worst unit in 3H is much smaller than Hector and the worst unit in FE7.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: madninja1

madninja1
1 week ago#12
Hector carries Armads like a boss in one hand. Even Nergal specifies that his biggest mistake was not taking Hector into account for his evil world domination plans.
There is only room for one boss...
FC: 1908-1619-7613 IGN: Ace

User Info: DontWorrii

DontWorrii
1 week ago#13
Edelgard, is once again, more of a character than hector
stream lover by taylor swift thank you bye https://taylorswift.lnk.to/lover

User Info: Thani

Thani
1 week ago#14
Edel by far.
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses

User Info: LorenzoV

LorenzoV
1 week ago#15
Thani posted...
Edel by far.
This. On both gameplay and personality.
No bulli Edelgard
Edel has been bullied 4 times. Stop it already!

User Info: rifasclub

rifasclub
1 week ago#16
Edelgard. She doesn't make the game artificially harder with late game mediocrity (3H already has bad enemy placement and reinforcements that doesn't make any sense, nor does them follow any pattern most of the time for that). Also, she is better in a harder game and actually has a personality and character development, instead of that "look at me, how awesome I am ala Conan the Barbarian" sort of deal.
Fire Emblem Fates Addres:
03065-75094-15733-70303

User Info: TheseJeans

TheseJeans
1 week ago#17
In terms of gameplay, character, and what she accomplishes in the story, Edel.

Hector for memes and coolness though.
FEH FC: 653,381,1428
FFBE FC: 718,418,520

User Info: Mephantom

Mephantom
1 week ago#18
Nidtendofreak posted...
Hector is a better character, and it wouldn't shock me if he's more important to his game stats wise than Edelgard. In Hector Hard Mode Low Turn Count lists he's normally in the top 3-5 and is critical. For Fire Emblems from Awakening onwards almost any unit is great so there's a lot less variance. Edelgard might be one of the best units in 3Hs (wouldn't know, haven't played it), but the gap between her and the worst unit in 3H is much smaller than Hector and the worst unit in FE7.

Unit variance felt pretty large to me, and Edelgard is most likely pretty essential on her route for a fresh game on Maddening, though of course they have New Game+ that makes things a lot easier. And unlike in Awakening/Fates, you can't just grind DLC exp maps for an easy way out. You don't get to repeat maps like in earlier FEs; granted there's a lot more maps, but in Maddening the exp gain is neutered pretty significantly, especially if it's a fresh game.

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
1 week ago#19
Hector.
Nidtendofreak posted...
Edelgard might be one of the best units in 3Hs (wouldn't know, haven't played it), but the gap between her and the worst unit in 3H is much smaller than Hector and the worst unit in FE7.
I have news for you. Galeforce is the most broken skill in modern FE, and her Prf weapon has Eternal Galeforce Works as an ability. Meaning she can fell an entire map by herself if given support and a good class.

She's about as OP in her own game as Hector was. That said, I still prefer Hector's style.
FEH FC: 9107921851
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Hector vs Edelgard who is the better Armored Axe Lord
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A