• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Claude, Alm or Lyn who is the better Bow Lord

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
2 weeks ago#21
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
Bascially, the reason was simply that Lyn was likely to hit S swords before S bows, effectively locking her out of using S rank bows. Lucius was the only mage who could feasibly get the S for Aureola, but you could have people like Serra wield it too.

Yeah but the thing was that Armads, Durandal and Forblaze were prfs, technically they could have applied the same methods to prf Mulagir for Lyn without the S rank and Aureola being itself could have been prf locked being a legendary weapon itself.

Looking at it... It was probably just laziness.

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
2 weeks ago#22
Steamroll posted...
Looking at it... It was probably just laziness.
Nah it was just thematic + aesthetic. They made S ranks for every weapon, so everyone's favorites could wield a cool, strong weapon. Then they gave the lords their own Prfs so they didn't have to compete with the others.

As for the looks department...well...Sol Katti's animation is certainly famous, if you know what I mean. It's clear they considered swords to be Lyn's main weapon.

Plus if you played any GBA era game you'd know people hated archers with a burning passion...and praised every Swordmaster-type unit to the heavens.
FEH FC: 9107921851

Steamroll
2 weeks ago#23
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
Plus if you played any GBA era game you'd know people hated archers with a burning passion.

Yup was my main era. I wasn't involved in any FE community or anything at the time but I didn't use archers myself much. Magic was just superior.

Though Honestly looking back, Lyn having Mulagir would have been a cool thing regardless of me not using an archer, I... Didn't particularly like using the sol katti because it was so heavy and went against her speedy nature I still dig the animation but I would really only use it on Dragon.

Would never use it against someone like Morph Lloyd where he could double her because of that.

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
2 weeks ago#24
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
As for the looks department...well...Sol Katti's animation is certainly famous, if you know what I mean. It's clear they considered swords to be Lyn's main weapon.
Aren't those animations only in the international versions? And regardless, they could have made her jiggly with any weapon.

Mega_Gardevoir posted...
Plus if you played any GBA era game you'd know people hated archers with a burning passion...and praised every Swordmaster-type unit to the heavens.
I mean that's probably because most of the archers in FE7-9 are complete ass with "being cute" as their only potential selling point.

Lyn having Mulagir might have at least given people an archer waifu that they could then try to rationalize as not being abysmal, like they currently do for most female swordmasters like Lyn herself, Marisa, Mareeta, and Mia. Who knows, maybe she'd have actually been useful if she could be bad at 2 range instead of 1.

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
2 weeks ago#25
Limit_2 posted...
Lyn having Mulagir might have at least given people an archer waifu that they could then try to rationalize as not being abysmal, like they currently do for most female swordmasters like Lyn herself, Marisa, Mareeta, and Mia. Who knows, maybe she'd have actually been useful if she could be bad at 2 range instead of 1.
It was an era of sword bias, and by extension Swordmaster bias. 8 times out of 10 if you asked a GBA player what their favorite class was it was probably Myrm/SM.

That's really all there is to it, popularity. I would've liked the idea of using Lyn to make bows great, but clearly IS rationale was to use Sword Waifu appeal to make Lyn more popular instead.
FEH FC: 9107921851

User Info: Thani

Thani
2 weeks ago#26
Oh I definitely remember the Swordsmaster bias...

It was also a time where Est archetypes like Nino and the FE8 trainees were praised to the heavens for their “potential.”
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses

User Info: EchoPhoenix

EchoPhoenix
2 weeks ago#27
Steamroll posted...
Hmm its been sometime but I think so, I think I might be comparing it to of FE6 since I remember you needed that for anyone to use a legendary if they weren't Roy.

Edit: I looked it up quick, seems like they were prfs at least in terms of Armads and Durandal.. Yeah I dont know why they just didn't prf Mulagir and had to create Sol Katti, maybe it was too OP or something for the endgame since I think Mulagir wasn't heavy and gave a massive speed boost? Lol.

Its just kinda weird because Aureola wasn't a prf, I think Lucius could use it so I really dont know what went on lol.
They didn't give Lyn Mulagir as a Prf Bow because promoting's optional. Heck, beta content even shows that they were considering having her share Durandal with Eliwood for having Roland's blood.

Steamroll
2 weeks ago#28
EchoPhoenix posted...
They didn't give Lyn Mulagir as a Prf Bow because promoting's optional. Heck, beta content even shows that they were considering having her share Durandal with Eliwood for having Roland's blood.

Now you got me thinking of how that would have turned out...

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
2 weeks ago#29
Limit_2 posted...
Aren't those animations only in the international versions? And regardless, they could have made her jiggly with any weapon.

I mean that's probably because most of the archers in FE7-9 are complete ass with "being cute" as their only potential selling point.

wrong, Wil is very useful
FP2 Picks: Reimu, Phoenix Wright, Yuri Lowell, Sora, Neku, and Sol Badguy

User Info: HackedDragonite

HackedDragonite
1 week ago#30
Claude, most definitely.
He's got the most personality, his game is the best of those three, he's the most unique unit, his moment has arrived, and he's incredibly f***ing busted on a level that even Alm gawks at.
Like, goddamn, it's like they didn't even try to balance Barbarossa or Failnaught.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Claude, Alm or Lyn who is the better Bow Lord
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A