• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Claude, Alm or Lyn who is the better Bow Lord

User Info: Thani

Thani
1 week ago#11
Claude is the only true bow lord in the series. Secondary weapons don’t really dictate anything. No one goes around saying Ike is an axe lord or Lucina a lance lord.
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses
Thani posted...
Claude is the only true bow lord in the series. Secondary weapons don’t really dictate anything. No one goes around saying Ike is an axe lord or Lucina a lance lord.
Ike can't use axes in PoR and isn't the lord of RD (although he might as well be for all the good Micaiah is).

I actually forget if Failcina gets lances upon promotion, but since the Falchion is basically the iconic weapon of the series it makes sense to think of her as a sword-lord. So it's not really a fair comparison...

With that said, Claude is still the most sensible option since bows suck in Blazing Blade (especially for low-STR units like Lyn) and Alm has the same problem Lucina has (although, as Gene said, he does succeed at being an archer).
"I-I'm a spoon!? I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!" - Judge, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
RIP City of Heroes 11/30/12
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Thani

Thani
1 week ago#13
ShinigamiMiroku posted...
Ike can't use axes in PoR and isn't the lord of RD (although he might as well be for all the good Micaiah is).

I actually forget if Failcina gets lances upon promotion, but since the Falchion is basically the iconic weapon of the series it makes sense to think of her as a sword-lord. So it's not really a fair comparison...

With that said, Claude is still the most sensible option since bows suck in Blazing Blade (especially for low-STR units like Lyn) and Alm has the same problem Lucina has (although, as Gene said, he does succeed at being an archer).

Ike IS a lord in RD as much as I hate to admit it. He's a lord in both PoR and RD.

Okay... if Lucina and Ike "don't count" then I can use any other lord in the series. Hector isn't considered a sword lord over and axe lord. Eliwood isn't considered a lance lord over a sword lord, etc. etc.

Claude is the only lord in the series thus far to wield bows as a primary weapon, so he's the only "true" bow lord in my and many of the community's eyes.
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses

User Info: DontWorrii

DontWorrii
1 week ago#14
Lief4Heroes posted...
Leif

stream lover by taylor swift thank you bye https://taylorswift.lnk.to/lover

User Info: rifasclub

rifasclub
1 week ago#15
Corrin. Not default bow, but he is still a fricking monster, and Fates is a way harder game than 3H.
Fire Emblem Fates Addres:
03065-75094-15733-70303

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
1 week ago#16
Limit_2 posted...
Claude > Alm >>>>> Girl who had no use for bows until a s*** mobile game because Athos bought her something from Walmart instead

Tbf in hindsight after playing FE6, it would have made sense giving her Hanon's Legendary but I$ seemed to have screwed themselves from a gameplay perspective.

Since unlike FE6, S-ranking weapons were restricted to one weapon (possibly for balance reasons) so they just had to create random sol katti to fit the narrative and to fit the S-Rank the player was most likely to achieve at that point for Lyn.

Because I mean lol Athos you seriously couldn't get Mulagir? But here you are packing St. Elmine's tome in your wizard coat? Heh.
Claude is pretty much the only Bow Lord.

- The others only get it on promotion
- Neither have Prf bows, only swords
- Claude is the only one who uses bows from beginning to end.

Nevermind the superior skills, weapon, and movement type.
FEH FC: 9107921851

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
1 week ago#18
Steamroll posted...
Since unlike FE6, S-ranking weapons were restricted to one weapon (possibly for balance reasons) so they just had to create random sol katti to fit the narrative and to fit the S-Rank the player was most likely to achieve at that point for Lyn.
I don't remember offhand, but aren't the Legendary weapons just Prfs in FE7? In which case Lyn would only need bow access in general?

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
1 week ago#19
Limit_2 posted...
I don't remember offhand, but aren't the Legendary weapons just Prfs in FE7? In which case Lyn would only need bow access in general?

Hmm its been sometime but I think so, I think I might be comparing it to of FE6 since I remember you needed that for anyone to use a legendary if they weren't Roy.

Edit: I looked it up quick, seems like they were prfs at least in terms of Armads and Durandal.. Yeah I dont know why they just didn't prf Mulagir and had to create Sol Katti, maybe it was too OP or something for the endgame since I think Mulagir wasn't heavy and gave a massive speed boost? Lol.

Its just kinda weird because Aureola wasn't a prf, I think Lucius could use it so I really dont know what went on lol.
(edited 1 week ago)
@Steamroll posted...
Its just kinda weird because Aureola wasn't a prf, I think Lucius could use it so I really dont know what went on lol.

->A unit may only possess a single S level at a time; once an S level is obtained, all other weapon types will stop at an A level.

Bascially, the reason was simply that Lyn was likely to hit S swords before S bows, effectively locking her out of using S rank bows. Lucius was the only mage who could feasibly get the S for Aureola, but you could have people like Serra wield it too. (*With enough abuse)
FEH FC: 9107921851
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Claude, Alm or Lyn who is the better Bow Lord
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A