• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Theorycrafting the strongest infantry: can there be stronger than this Byleth?

User Info: Enoemaa

Enoemaa
1 week ago#1
I saw a friend with an absolutely disgusting Byleth - might upload the picture later, but, I was floored. The skills were as follows.

Lv. 40+10, +5 flowers, +Spd
HP 45
Atk 57
Spd 47
Def 39
Res 25

Creator Sword
Support: Repostion
Special: Aether
A: Distant Counter
B: Close Call 3
C: Time’s Pulse 3
Seal: Heavy Blade 3

Again, terrifying, for many reasons. For starters, Null Followup AND Close Call on a Spd of 47 is an insta-win against probably 2/3 of the entire game, especially given the rather high Def stat. That’s also a conditionally (Heavy Blade) guaranteed activation of Aether when they’re attacked once per turn (Creator has -1 CD, Time’s Pulse gives -1 CD per turn, so Aether suddenly is 3 CD), and Creator Sword also nullifies Guard, so that won’t stop it.

Only units that come to mind that can engage in combat with or threaten this build in pretty much any way are Ophelia, the Mareetas (If they have Spd boosting A skills in particular), potentially FF!Corrin, or a blade tome (Haven’t run numbers, but, might have to be blue, and might even need TA3, just to offset Close Call, especially depending on Spd). L!Julia might be able to sneak in a OHKO as well.

So, my question now is, is there anything that could possibly be stronger than that, or, could this build be improved on in any way? The only things that come to mind are stuff like NFU FF!Corrin with Lightning Breath and BD (Or DC and PRF breath), or possibly some of the other super fast high BST swords with strong PRFs like Mareeta. Christmas Sothis in terms of overall effectiveness is about the same as well, IMO.

I think Bonus Doubler is strong enough to get some units comparable or superior on stats alone, but, not a lot of units get to run NFU + Close Call, and while a super strong unit might be able to fight him, they very likely wouldn’t be as effective against the rest of the game as he is. Close Call is also locked to infantry sword, lance, and axe, so FF!Corrin (Who strikes me as the most likely competition overall) is stuck with NFU B.

As for his build, only two variables I see are DC, Aether, and potentially NCD in B. Both of those two changes have significant drawbacks though - Close Call makes him more than tanky enough to use DC, so a stat boosting A skill likely isn’t necessary, it would just be a “win more” option at the expense of a rare build that actually can tank easily at both ranges. NCD + NFU is basically the easy mode AR build, but, losing the 40% damage reduction of Close Call almost certainly isn’t worth it overall. He’d be able to bait and kill a few more things, but that’s a much smaller net gain than Close Call. Guaranteed Aether is obviously excellent, but, it’ll only activate on the second counterattack, meaning that HP recovery is relatively minimal compared to if it was on a full HP enemy. Sol will be better for sustain, and Ignis would be better for damage. Both would also free up the seal slot for something else, perhaps the Swift Stance seal to boost Spd even further and patch up Res, or just good ol’ DD3.

So what do you think? Is that the strongest infantry - if not unit - in the game, or are there better units and/or builds? Thoughts, discussion, and brainstorming welcome.

User Info: Alligamer72

Alligamer72
1 week ago#2
Depends on if it was female or male byleth.

User Info: DoubleDragon

DoubleDragon
1 week ago#3
Strongest as in durability/sustain? I would say special spiral L!Ike rivals this build.

Other heroes have far more oppressive attack. In brazen range my Hana hits 71 ATK + 5 DMG from FB4 and 53 SPD subtracting summoner support. That's a ORKO.

Edit: Vanilla Mareeta has solo NFU + stat boosts. She would run this this build strictly better.
Mareeta is the ultimate sword fodder and nothing compares to her especially Hana

Enoemaa
1 week ago#4
Alligamer72 posted...
Depends on if it was female or male byleth.
Good point tbh. Was male Byleth, so, the possibility of it being female Byleth instead does leave soon room for improvement :P

User Info: Meganium7

Meganium7
1 week ago#5
I feel like flashing blade would be more consistent if you're gonna run one of those as the seal.

especially since you would presumably be running more speed support to go with cc
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1094-nihon-falcom-general

User Info: Alligamer72

Alligamer72
1 week ago#6
Enoemaa posted...
Good point tbh. Was male Byleth, so, the possibility of it being female Byleth instead does leave soon room for improvement :P

I agree, should have been female then it's perfect.

Enoemaa
1 week ago#7
DoubleDragon posted...
Strongest as in durability/sustain? I would say special spiral L!Ike rivals this build.

Other heroes have far more oppressive attack. In brazen range my Hana hits 71 ATK + 5 DMG from FB4 and 53 SPD subtracting summoner support. That's a ORKO.
Strongest, yeah, should’ve quantified that better. In this case, probably the ability to effortlessly win the most matchups - a combination of being hard to beat, and being effective at taking down the widest range of other units.

The L!Ike build is a good mention, that’s definitely very strong. My gut reaction is that it’s not as strong - he’d win in terms of effectiveness of his special, but he’s weaker against armours (NFU + Close Call’s ability to break armours is hard to overstate) and only has ok Spd and no Res advantage, so he’d be much weaker against L!Alm, Mareeta, and other versions of the modern Spd archetype. And, if a Spd blitz unit was running Close Call themselves, he would almost certainly have to deal with the full 40% reduction.

Hana is a good counterpoint though, no doubt. She’s fast and strong enough to contest his stats; she could contest him in combat easily. There are more things that would stop her than would stop him though.

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
1 week ago#8
That’s impressive stats. I’d personally change Close Call for Repel or SS for sustainability. You could run B!Lucina and swap heavy blade for another skill.

My F!Mareeta would need full buffs to Atk & Spd to ORKO

Also
@DoubleDragon
You're free from the bet
Killer Queen has already touched this post.

User Info: LorenzoV

LorenzoV
1 week ago#9
I think that BIke is more durable because he receives less damage and Aethers everyone.

Remember that Close Call is a % based reduction, so it's more effective when you have 10 Def/Res rather than when you have 50 Def/Res.

But I agree that this is more or less Byleth's best build.
No bulli Edelgard
Edel has been bullied 4 times. Stop it already!

User Info: DoubleDragon

DoubleDragon
1 week ago#10
Poison-puffs posted...
Also
@DoubleDragon
You're free from the bet
Already changed my sig :3
Mareeta is the ultimate sword fodder and nothing compares to her especially Hana
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Theorycrafting the strongest infantry: can there be stronger than this Byleth?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers